Superior Drummer 2 Vintage & Custom or New York 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

would be glad for some advise for which sdx expansion i should get next.

I'am pending between vintage & custom and the New York 3 sdx.

manly i do some kind of vintage rock so probably i'am not doing anything wrong by buying the vintage & custom sdx....
but i'm really liking the sound of the new york 3 demos on toonstrack website

maybe anyone out there, who has both, and can help me clear up my mind?

which has the superior quality recordings, which one has more layers, which one is your prefered between the two,how the new york 3 sdx compares to the core library? ...

thank you all very much

It's all down to personal taste really - and you can't go wrong with either one.

My favourite is C&V - even though it's older, and probably has less articulations etc. I just like the sounds, and love the Supraphonic snare ;-)
(but that's just me)

Like I said - they all sound good, so don't beat yourself up over which one to choose ;-)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

I don't have NY3 but C & V is probably the most natural sounding of the ones I have.

Ok, got C & V, so now, no one should tell me anything about New York 3 ;)

thanks

I hope you didn't pay full price - ToonTrack runs the SDXs on sale every few months and, by my watch, they're probably due for another one soon.

I have C&V and it's nice, but I don't have NYv3. I do have NYv2 and it's by far my favorite SDX. NYv3 is on my to-buy list the next time it goes on sale. Based on the demos, I think I will like it as much or more than C&V, but less than NYv2.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

My issue with the NY kits I have is the ride. It's not quite right. Plus, I never use all that extra stuff (all those different room sizes) and such. I'm pretty meat and potatoes and the C/V seems to sit in a mix with minimal tweaking. It's not as sexy.

I DO like the way the snares sound of 3 though in the demos I've heard. Audiodeluxe usually has the best prices ymmv.

One other thing I forgot to mention. I've never been a fan of TT's kicks, until C/V. They sound like kicks and not like spaghetti being flung against a tom tom :hihi:

Hello Guys,

thanks for your suggestions and comments on custom and vintage

after playing around a bit with it, i must say it is truly an amazing sdx, i'am really happy for choosen it.

a lot of kits, really dry sound, so you can get any thing you want, out of them.
i can easily compensate the lack of a lot of ambient channels, like in the core library, with a good convulison verb.

really like the snare and kick sounds of it, which where my main concern in the core library.

so then, i get back to happy music making :D

p.s:
if you like you can check out some of my previous stuff here:
news songs will follow very soon ;)

http://www.reverbnation.com/soundivad

hibidy wrote:They sound like kicks and not like spaghetti being flung against a tom tom :hihi:
:lol:

drums + italian food ftw!

Return to “Instruments”