Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 4 is out! [v4.02 Update]

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 4.0 is now available! Our multi-purpose audio levels meter and envelope generator, formerly known as Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter Pro, has been completely redesigned for this new version.

The plug-in now comes with a brand new user interface with many new features and enhancements: fully customizable meters, crest factor display, levels histograms for precise dynamic range analysis, surround support, a new presets manager, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, and much more...

If you do not own the plug-in yet, try the demo: you can purchase Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 4.0 with 16% discount, or get our discounted analysis bundle until March 10th!

The upgrade is free for users who have purchased the plug-in in the past 6 months, and others will receive an offer by email to upgrade for 11 EUR or $15 only (80% off).
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro has just been updated to v4.01. This minor update provides a new default layout to fit into small screens and also brings fixes for Mac AU and VST users.

If you do not own the plug-in yet, don't miss our special offers that have been extended until March 15th!

The update is of course free for existing Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 4.0 users and can be downloaded from the same location as the previous version.

Enjoy!

Crazy stuff that you can do with Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 4 and an external controller... Watch out, don't damage your motorized faders with too fast attacks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMVS2tQs2Ug

It's actually a good illustration of external hardware control with "in the box" signals.

We are happy to announce the release of Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 4.02. This maintenance release fixes several issues on all platforms:

-Fixed yellow zone that disappeared in some cases.
-Fixed MIDI and automation settings that were reset when using undo.
-Fixed compare button issues in Pro Tools.
-AAX: Fixed initialization issues on some Pro Tools HD configurations.

The update is free for existing Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 4.0 users and can be downloaded from the same location as the previous version.

:cry: I would really, really appreciate if you guys added two knobs to DPMP4 for setting the min and max values for the transformed envelope/output.

It would make the usage sooooooo much easier. :love: :love: :love:

Thanks in advance,
Jyri

PS. I know there are tricks to do this but they are unnecessarily cumbersome.

Hi Jyri,

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mean simply having the min and max values below available from the main user interface?

Do you know that you can keep this individual param settings window open all the tine while tweaking the plug-in?

These settings used to be availabe only in a modal dialog with all other parameters, but now it is just one click away, so we thought it would be simple enough.

I'm sorry but I just can't make it work with Sonar without any (in my mind unnecessary) tricks. It would be much more straight forward if you had two knobs for setting the limits for the output of the transformed envelope.

No worries: I am just trying to understand what you are exactly looking for. I am guessing that the min/max we are talking about might not be the same :-).

Can you please elaborate about what these min/max values would ideally do for you?

Blue Cat Audio wrote:I am guessing that the min/max we are talking about might not be the same :-).
Exactly. The min/max in the menu changes the whole scale, which introduces too many moving parts to the equation. And you also are inable to see the changes in the "envelope screen" or what ever it is called.
Blue Cat Audio wrote:Can you please elaborate about what these min/max values would ideally do for you?
What I want to do, basically, is to use DPMP to write an envelope on a (vocal) track for driving the gain and to be able to stop it from raising the noise up like crazy.

Ideally, I could control the "raise volume" envelope maximum so that it does not raise noise that is below the most quiet (vocal) passages. And this needs to be adjusted easily because each clip is different.

Now I have to use the "offset" value to raise/lower the whole envelope so that it hits the top/bottom ceiling when it gets as quiet/loud as I want it.

Hope this helps.

Not sure it helps, but have you tried to use our gain plug-in, and adjust the value ranges for both the DPMP and the gain plug-in? (without touching other controls).

It's another way to work with the DPMP and it lets you choose how measured values map to controlled values (for example you can map -60dB/0dB measurements to -20dB/+10dB gain). It's maybe easier for you to set it up the way you want using this method?

Yes, it would be ideal --- if you were a top German audio engineer.

For us mortals there are too many moving parts.

The point is that every instance is different so you have to set the values case by case. If it were "one setting fits all" I wouldn't mind the extra fuss.

K.I.S.S.
Jyri

THIS is pretty much like how I would like to use DPMP for.

We have had a couple of gain compensation ideas like this for a while. It will hopefuly be indeed released one day as a plug-in that you can control with the DPMP plug-in! :-)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”