How do I create a new bank in Synthmaster?

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently got Synthmaster -- and I love it!

I tried creating a new bank of my favorite patches by entering the new bank name (e.g. "Favorites") in the bank field for the patch info, and saving the patch. It seemed to have created the new bank, because the new bank showed up in the patch browser. However, after I closed the project (Sonar X2) and re-opened, the bank didn't show in the patch browser.

I noticed that there are *.smpb files in the presets folder. Obviously smpb stands for Synthmaster Patch Bank. Do I need to create a new smpb file? If so, how?

Thanks!

I am actually going to add a new feature to assign user's favorite presets.

Also will look into why setting bank name doesnt work, I think that's a bug.

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

+1. I just got synth master and one of the first things I wanted to do is set up a folder where I can save presets that I make, plus favorites from the other banks, for quick access. I found this thread and its the only one of its type I've found. Is there a way to do this that actually works? Seems like this would be a key ability for preset management with any good soft synth...

Right now, as a workaround you can go to the "Preset" tab, click on the "favourite" attribute and save the preset. This way the preset will have the "favourite" attribute which will let you find it quickly.

But in v2.7 I'll make the workflow for adding presets to favourites BETTER.
Works at KV331 Audio

By the way, after the 2.6.2 update, the Bank name for the preset saves correctly so you can create your own banks as well.
Works at KV331 Audio

I was looking to suggest the favourite feature and notice you are on the ball with it....thanks looking forward to it.
also would be nice to search for patch by name.......

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “KV331 Audio”