Xhip 0.8 ready for testing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Heh thats a very appropriate name for the preset ;)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Things are really coming along! Great work!

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

so mutant, are the level controls doing what you wanted them to do now?

is the 42 db range enough?

is the accuracy you get from holding shift + mouse wheel good enough?

i suppose it depends on what style of input you prefer. you might just like using the mouse freely, while i prefer using the wheel to get exact values. with the wheel the current contour feels fine, free-hand however i'm not entirely sure. it seems ok to me but what are your thoughts?
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

Yes it is good now :)
Thanks.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Gratz for getting into CM mags top 10 free synths :)
gamecat666 wrote:
chk071 wrote:Can any1 who has the issue post what the top 10 freeware synths are? I just read that there's a list of those in the mag too.
1-ZebraCM
2-CM Dominator
3-Dune CM
4-RhinoCM
5-Crystal
6-Synth1
7-Tyrell N6
8-Tal Noisemaker
9-GenesisCM
10-Xhip
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=255
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

i refused to do a version for the disc though, i'll re-examine that issue once i have the 0.8 version released.

it's my plan to do a special "cm" version, only difference being that i'll try to make it as stable as possible. for example the way the skin is currently embedded in the plugin, that'll be the sort of thing i do for the cm version. i may also embed the default bank and whatever else.

it'll also need to have a "back-panel" page with information about the website, the "beta" status and so on so people trying it via the magazine disc will know they can check online for a newer version with more flexibility (skins, banks, etc.)

it would also be really nice to get some banks assembled and clean up the "default" bank. these of course have always just been a collection of presets i assembled for people who kept asking me to :)

unfortunately i haven't had any response about presets or demo tracks yet.

Just loaded up xhip 32 bits in FL Studio, but it's got no GUI there.

With SAVI host the xhip GUI works fine, but in FL Studio it's just a green background

Anybody else experienced the same thing? Is it fixable? :help:

I have no idea how the background could ever be green, I don't think it's possible for Xhip to generate that effect so it might have something to do with FL's vst wrapper plugin. Xhip has worked fine in FL in the past when I have tested it.

If there is any problem with displaying the window or graphics for the GUI you'll get a message box containing the error message text returned by windows.

One issue I need to fix in Xhip is for example, when you ctrl-alt-del in vista and win7, it actually makes the desktop window unavailable. That means anything contained there (...everything) becomes inaccessible until you click on something and the desktop re-appears. Xhip doesn't check to make sure it can update the window or blit the graphics to the screen before making the attempt and printing the error because the graceful failure really doesn't matter; Due to the error message however you'll get a ton of message boxes that pop up to annoy you :)

Hi Aciddose, any updates on Xhip?

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

See the alpha page at http://xhip.net/alpha/

Nothing very recent, no.

The thing I've been working toward (or more accurately not working toward) is to support the full midi mod-matrix to replace the old bender/velocity knobs. Currently everything works except for storing inputs (easy) and replacing the preset format for the old knobs (just a set of hard-written values) with a more complex format for the matrix.

Specifically, the old format was additive and included the "offset" value. The matrix will include an option for additive/multiplicative and in order to replace an offset it'll need to use an extra row with a numerical input in additive mode.

so:

Old) Velocity * Depth + Offset [add] -> Cutoff

would become,

1) Velocity * Depth [add] -> Cutoff
2) 0.5 * Depth [add] -> Cutoff

I decided I can't just switch part way from the old format to the new without creating more trouble than it's worth. So the next release will most likely have a fully functional matrix for this type of routing.

(NOT for internal modulation like envelopes or etc)

Interesting! It sounds like it will be a great addition. It may be a little over my head in difficulty though. :-)

One thought that I've been wanting to mention and I doubt you'd want to change:

I would love to have effects as part of the synth and patches. I know you've decided to keep them separate to make things easier to manage, but what if you were to add some effects slots that could in effect load the effect and settings into Xhip and then store those settings as part of the patch? They would still be able to be treated as separate, and yet still be able to be stored as part of the patch. We could just make sure that Xhip and the effects dlls are all in the same folder--this way, they could be treated as separate effects, but still loaded and saved in Xhip as part of the patch.

Just an idea, of course, but it would be nice to have the effects as part of the patch.

:-)

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

--Sean

been waiting 5 years for a mac au version :)

Effects - I've wanted to limit things like this to Xhip 2.0. It would be fairly easy to add but it would be another thing that would be tacked on the end of the list of things I already need to finish before Xhip can be considered complete.

Mac AU - I've been working on this and the next version may come with a beta for mac VST and AU.

Return to “Instruments”