"Entity" semi-modular VA&PM synth AU + VST 32 64 released

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@liqih: Been awhile, early October to be more specific, since last time you hade some news for Entity. Any thing new you would like to share with us?

honestly, of course, it's like a jungle of plugins here, I love to do collaborations, but collaborators come and go, have their main jobs and so on.
So Entity upgrade was delayed and now it's the "right" time for DK+ 2.0 release,
and Scarborough Fair synth is also waiting, Therefore Entity is in the freezer for a while

Luigi, please let me know when things are right to continue work on the manual. Got a nearly-done version if you're interested.

liqih wrote:honestly, of course, it's like a jungle of plugins here, I love to do collaborations, but collaborators come and go, have their main jobs and so on.
So Entity upgrade was delayed and now it's the "right" time for DK+ 2.0 release,
and Scarborough Fair synth is also waiting, Therefore Entity is in the freezer for a while
OK, got it. Thanks for the answer. I wish for a face lift for Entity sometime in the future but I can understand the need to get other things out the door to be able to continue at all. But please don't leave it to rot since I put my money into it when I read what was coming as an update. Cheers.

Meffy wrote:Luigi, please let me know when things are right to continue work on the manual. Got a nearly-done version if you're interested.
Of course I'm interested! Thanks so much Meffy

jensa wrote:
liqih wrote:honestly, of course, it's like a jungle of plugins here, I love to do collaborations, but collaborators come and go, have their main jobs and so on.
OK, got it. Thanks for the answer. I wish for a face lift for Entity sometime in the future but I can understand the need to get other things out the door to be able to continue at all. But please don't leave it to rot since I put my money into it when I read what was coming as an update. Cheers.
Don't worry, you just have to wait some more, <grin>

Cheers,

Luigi

I'll send copies to you and Michael later today. Feel free to let me know about anything you find unsuitable, incomplete, etc.

Any news on a final version with nice GUI?

eigens wrote:Any news on a final version with nice GUI?
No news, and I'm very sorry to say that, we realize we promised more than we should.
Making professional plugins it's an hard job and the energy I have alone it's quite
diminished over the years: no more working 18/24 7/7 these days.

So I hope someone doesn't feel cheated for the promise we says to update Entity GUI in a few months,
but in any case let me know, I'll do my best to fix that.

liqih wrote:
eigens wrote:Any news on a final version with nice GUI?
No news, and I'm very sorry to say that, we realize we promised more than we should.
Making professional plugins it's an hard job and the energy I have alone it's quite
diminished over the years: no more working 18/24 7/7 these days.

So I hope someone doesn't feel cheated for the promise we says to update Entity GUI in a few months,
liqih, take you time. Your health are more important than delivering what you hoped you could. Also, transparency is important between human beings so thanks for communicating this. Take care! :hug:

liqih wrote: So I hope someone doesn't feel cheated for the promise we says to update Entity GUI in a few months,
Not feeling cheated at all, but looking forward to the new GUI nonetheless :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I just 'found' Entity in my AU folder and ran through a handful of presets. It's a great synth with oodles of potential and a rough, vibrant sound character all of its own, especially the wind PM patches!

I really do hope that it will resurface soon and that the freezer doesn't turn out to be in a morgue…

Entity deserves to be resurrected!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

It's May 2013 in a few days - the first release of Entity was nearly 2 years ago. What about the update to Version 1.1.? Please don't leave your customers with a half-baked product, as I noticed a few (minor) bugs on OS X version. The GUI thing is important, to stay in competition and to get serious reviews in magazines.

By the way: there are many broken links on your homepage (which should be updated) and Entity should be promoted a bit more, I think.

Luigi, go on, you are a very talented man...
Lost in Music...

Thanks for everything you wrote mfkne, unfortunately life is not easy here right now, I will do my best

liqih wrote:Thanks for everything you wrote mfkne, unfortunately life is not easy here right now, I will do my best
thanks for the quick reply. what about teaming up with another small company with similar status?

with a good plan, up-to-date website and a bit advertising things will run good...

what about teaming up with customers who have special abilities (like graphics, website development, ideas....) and pay them with rabate coupons for plugins? makes this sense? was a spontaneous idea...

wish you all the best.
Lost in Music...

Return to “NUSofting”