What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

XILS Roland Vocoder VP-330 Plus - NEW SYNTH

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Lotuzia
KVRAF
 
7301 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:27 am

Sequent wrote:I'm glad to hear about the GB and will hopefully be able to jump on it! I wasn't able to take advantage of the special promotions earlier. At the time I was demo-ing several different options and out of all of them Oxium seemed to be the most fun to work with and was the most cpu friendly of the bunch. Unfortunately, my pocket book had other ideas so I had to take a pass.

As for the vocoder... that one is exciting as well and I'm looking forward to it. I was watching some Kitaro videos yesterday and didn't realize that one of his signature sounds is actually done with a vocoder. Though it doesn't necessarily sound like what I usually associate with 'standard' vocoder type sounds. So... suddenly I want a decent one as well... because I realize what can be done with one! :)


Hope you be able to get it Mr Sequent. Oxium is indeed fun to work with, and tbh I still discover a lot of fresh ideas with it to explore :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Soundbanks for Vsti

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there [Xils-Lab Team]
brick
KVRian
 
510 posts since 11 Dec, 2003

Postby brick; Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:24 am

Cool , thanks Laurent .
electro
KVRAF
 
3274 posts since 5 May, 2002

Postby electro; Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Lotuzia wrote:
electro wrote:Has the XILS preset lag been addressed yet?


Hi Electro,

Do you refer to a certain time between presets when browing them ?

If this is the case, on my (pretty ancient Q9650) test machine, for Oxium its instantaneous.


Noticed the lag with Synthix. Assumed it was the case for all other Xils synths as well.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM
davidka
KVRist
 
402 posts since 22 Dec, 2010

Postby davidka; Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:27 am

By the way, is it possible to do a custom skin for Oxium?
Lotuzia
KVRAF
 
7301 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:39 am

davidka wrote:By the way, is it possible to do a custom skin for Oxium?


No. There are two skins atm, the famous Orange one, and the rusty one ( wich is grey btw ) but if the minigroupbuy goes well, and iirc the last step is achieved, we'll commission our graphic artist for a third one : in the shades of white.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Soundbanks for Vsti

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there [Xils-Lab Team]
User avatar
HunterKiller
KVRAF
 
1529 posts since 9 Mar, 2006, from Sydney, Australia

Postby HunterKiller; Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:34 pm

Lotuzia wrote:with a divider per octave engine, that gives it its very particular character, that you cant achieve with samples, or standard analog strings engines.

Lotuzia what does this mean exactly?
“Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” - Paul Brandt
User avatar
Bronto Scorpio
KVRAF
 
5596 posts since 13 Feb, 2006, from Wiesmoor, Germany

Postby Bronto Scorpio; Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

HunterKiller wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:with a divider per octave engine, that gives it its very particular character, that you cant achieve with samples, or standard analog strings engines.

Lotuzia what does this mean exactly?
The VP-330 (and other string machines) aren't really polyphonic, otherwise they would have to use one osc per key, which would be way too expensive.

The polypony (or paraphony) is achieved by dividing down a few master oscillators instead. This gives string machines a very particular sound, which would be hard (or even impossible) to emulate with samples.

Cheers
Dennis
User avatar
HunterKiller
KVRAF
 
1529 posts since 9 Mar, 2006, from Sydney, Australia

Postby HunterKiller; Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:with a divider per octave engine, that gives it its very particular character, that you cant achieve with samples, or standard analog strings engines.

Lotuzia what does this mean exactly?
The VP-330 (and other string machines) aren't really polyphonic, otherwise they would have to use one osc per key, which would be way too expensive.

The polypony (or paraphony) is achieved by dividing down a few master oscillators instead. This gives string machines a very particular sound, which would be hard (or even impossible) to emulate with samples.

Cheers
Dennis

Thanks Bronto, but all this I know. I think Lotuzia eluded to something third.
“Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” - Paul Brandt
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
7882 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:22 pm

I just got the new newsletter from Xils Lab. This is the content concerning the new product:

"Some quick news about our next Musical Instrument, which will be available as both a -special- Synthesizer AND a -special- Effect.

We're now creating some nice presets with it, Algorithms are finely tweaked and the UI and GUI are in their final state. Soon, very soon are the words."

BTW i have joined the Beta team for the new product recently. :)
I'm not allowed to tell more than is written in the newsletter.


Ingo
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Reaper / Studio One 2.6 / Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + Tone 2 plugins + others
olikana
KVRian
 
734 posts since 26 Jul, 2009

Postby olikana; Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:50 pm

this is the release i'm looking most forwad too.
would be nice to hear a vocal sample processed through the original and through the plugin.
and also an audio comparison between the choir and strings on the original and the plugin.
breakmixer
KVRAF
 
4167 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:58 pm

olikana wrote:this is the release i'm looking most forwad too.


+1, seems an interesting one...
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
7882 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Xils Lab is one of my three favorite softsynth developers (others are Waldorf and Tone2) and i am happy about every new release from them. It's also both an honor and fun that i was (and am) able to do Beta tests for all three of those companies.

While Oxium is really cool and maybe more advanced i still like Synthix very much (epecially the BP6 filter and the Chorus...). PolyKB II and XILS 3 got their own sounds and are very nice too.
IMO the upcoming new synth will be a nice addition to those other synths.


Ingo
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Reaper / Studio One 2.6 / Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + Tone 2 plugins + others
Kriminal
KVRAF
 
18403 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:54 pm

Ingonator wrote:I just got the new newsletter from Xils Lab. This is the content concerning the new product:

"Some quick news about our next Musical Instrument, which will be available as both a -special- Synthesizer AND a -special- Effect.

We're now creating some nice presets with it, Algorithms are finely tweaked and the UI and GUI are in their final state. Soon, very soon are the words."

BTW i have joined the Beta team for the new product recently. :)
I'm not allowed to tell more than is written in the newsletter.


Ingo


Thanks for letting us know you got a newsletter

Also, thanks for telling us you're testing something you cant talk about

Both highly valuable pieces of 'information'
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
7882 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Wed May 01, 2013 7:14 am

Kriminal wrote:Thanks for letting us know you got a newsletter

Also, thanks for telling us you're testing something you cant talk about

Both highly valuable pieces of 'information'


Many thanks for your senseless reply. :wink:

First i offered a quote from the newsletter about the upcoming product and second i'll give more informations (including audio demos) as soon as i am allowed to.


Ingo
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Reaper / Studio One 2.6 / Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + Tone 2 plugins + others
BushidoBroWWN
KVRer
 
9 posts since 22 May, 2012, from United States

Postby BushidoBroWWN; Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 am

I cant wait for this release, there is something about the sound of the VP-330 that is just magical.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments