What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
ugo
KVRAF

5444 posts since 6 Jan, 2003, from Leesburg VA, USA

Postby ugo; Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJzxtIiLpc

Alchemy Mobile v2 is a major update to our free iOS synthesiser for your iPad/iPhone. It features drum pads and a new 4-Track Sequencer for intuitive song creation. We've also added Audiobus support so you can integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio.

The in-app Pro Upgrade let's you save your songs and has lots of extra sounds and songs to remix.

Available in the App Store

New Features - Free

• 4-Track Sequencer - Intuitive song sketch pad with mixer and solo/mute.
    • Audiobus Support - Integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio.
    • Drum Pads - Create your own beats.
    • New Presets - Improved sounds including piano, strings, guitar and drum kits.
    • Improved Recording - Overdubbing, song position indicator and adjustable track length.
    • iCloud - Backup and transfer your songs.
    • 8 Demo Songs - Hear what Alchemy Mobile can do.
    • Tutorial - Learn fast.
    • Improved Graphics - Now sharper and clearer.
    • Lower Latency - Snappier performance on iPad3/iPhone 5.
New Features - In-App Pro Upgrade

• Song Save - Save and export your songs.
    • Track Save - Save and load individual tracks.
    • Swing - Fine tune your groove with adjustable swing.
    • 8 Extra Demo Songs - Have fun remixing tracks.
    • Latency Control - Balance polyphony vs. latency to make the most of your device's resources.
Last edited by ugo on Mon May 06, 2013 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRer

27 posts since 9 Sep, 2011

Postby QLNE; Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:02 pm

That was a whopper of an update! Needless to say I immediately upgraded to pro. Looking forward to Alchemy 2 ...
KVRist

95 posts since 14 Mar, 2013

Postby frejahel; Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:25 pm

What a fantastic update! Seems like my favourite desktop synth just became my favourite iOS synth as well. Keep up the great work!
KVRist

416 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest

Postby iPlogger; Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Agreed! This has been my favorite iOS synth and this new update just made it even better. The 4-track recorder is terrific.
KVRer

8 posts since 8 Feb, 2012

Postby w6mpr; Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Camel Audio is a world class company. Their products and support are really top notch. I own the Alchemy desktop full version, Camel Space and the Pro Mobile iOS version. Many thanks for the update!
KVRist

484 posts since 6 Mar, 2004, from Right between the cutoff and resonance knobs

Postby rictheobscene; Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Excellent update.
With Regards:
Ric (the) Obscene
des
KVRist

219 posts since 30 Jun, 2003

Postby des; Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Well, downloaded the update and it's really got some nice stuff! Congrats!

However,

You haven't addressed the problem with the volume control. In other words, if you have Alchemy running along with Sunrizer, if you turn the volume down on Alchemy to get a balance between the two....you can't. Alchemy still turns the over-all volume down. :(

It even does this if both apps are using Audiobus. When running into Auria the Alchemy channel is hitting at +10 (using the Dreaming Tangerine Bass patch). If you try turning down Alchemy it doesn't change the input level to Auria which means the Alchemy signal results in clipping at times. Alchemys volume control DOES control Aurias output level to phones. It doesn't appear to affect the recorded level. Glad you boosted the audio level, but..... At least by going into Auria you can get a balance between Alchemy and whatever other app is running.

Would really like to see a fix for this soon....real soon.....
KVRAF

9660 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone, good to hear you've all enjoying the update! :)

@ des - we did discuss the issue of global volume control, deciding for now that the addition of mix faders per track solves the issue. In other words, you can adjust the volume of the bass track individually without affecting the overall device volume.

Still, I think it's a point worth raising again so I'll give it my best shot for a future update.

Peace,
Andy.
des
KVRist

219 posts since 30 Jun, 2003

Postby des; Wed May 01, 2013 3:47 am

Ok...that seems to do it fine. I really wasn't thinking about using the internal mixer that way but it works fine. Just tried it into Auria and level can be adjusted perfectly. Too many new features. :)

WRT the keyboard filter control capability...can it be inverted so that when the keys are played towards the bottom edge of the iPad the filter is closed and then as you move your fingers towards the black keys the filter opens up? This would be similar to using aftertouch on a keyboard. I've noticed on a few patches that if you tap a key towards the top (back?) edge the sound starts with the filter open but as soon as you slide your finger down the filter snaps shut then continues to open as you slide your finger down. Is there a setting to control this?
KVRist

137 posts since 15 Jul, 2007

Postby digitalbeatsyndrome; Wed May 01, 2013 7:23 am

How does it differentiate an sfz drumkit and an sfz synth? I want to load my own sfz kits .
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed May 01, 2013 9:42 am

digitalbeatsyndrome wrote:How does it differentiate an sfz drumkit and an sfz synth? I want to load my own sfz kits .

Presets in the "Drums" sub-folder display the pads.

So these are presets, not SFZ files - but you can obviously load the SFZ and Save as CamelSounds a Drums preset using Alchemy desktop and transfer using the iTunes share folder method:

http://bit.ly/H430Sd

Peace,
Andy.
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed May 01, 2013 9:48 am

des wrote:Ok...that seems to do it fine. I really wasn't thinking about using the internal mixer that way but it works fine. Just tried it into Auria and level can be adjusted perfectly

Excellent!

WRT the keyboard filter control capability...can it be inverted so that when the keys are played towards the bottom edge of the iPad the filter is closed and then as you move your fingers towards the black keys the filter opens up?

We discussed the design of filter aftertouch for v1.0 of the app, most beta testers preferred the inverted method so that's what we went with. It's unlikely to change because it would affect the sound of saved projects containing aftertouch automaton, but we'll consider adding an option for a future update.

Peace,
Andy.
KVRist

416 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest

Postby iPlogger; Wed May 01, 2013 10:11 am

Ah, so the aftertouch is fixed to the filter? I had figured it was based on whatever the sound designer assigned to aftertouch. It's one of the features that makes the in-app keyboard extremely useful.
KVRian

740 posts since 18 Dec, 2004

Postby chardin; Wed May 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Excellent update and excellent video by Dan Worrall. I really appreciate the time and effort that Dan puts into the tutorials.
KVRer

2 posts since 1 May, 2013

Postby Hanguard; Wed May 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Hey guys, I have been thinking about buying the Pro package that is on sale, and am wondering, to the people who have bought it, what is your favorite add on from it :?:
Next

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

Return to Camel Audio