Three new modules & British Channel GUI update (edit) HERE NOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
zeep wrote:To update my existing install i just have to download the new CS, start CS, then restore my gear?
Yes, download the latest T-RackS (4.1) in your User Area then install, run CS, Restore My Gear. Then you can Try and/or Buy the new gear, and your British Channel GUI will be updated.
so everything is going CS now? well that's over for me, (by the way, i had a few pm's about this in discussion with others, they are abandoning IK if it all goes this way, and i am just relaying the info)
resale is now over and transfer tokens are worth nothing - certainly not 20 bucks :lol:

very clever IK., or is it? :wink:

However, there is nothing CS does that will GAIN you customers.. but there is stuff it does that will LOSE you customers. I find it hard to understand how you would see that as a good business decision. :?

About not everybody disliking the original British Channel GUI: Exactly. Many who were actually trying it and not viewing a screenshot for reference seemed to like it or at least were indifferent to it. And not everybody thinks implications that their hard work was done whilst totally screwed up on drugs is funny, it can come off as insulting.

Edit, not worth taking the bait.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why do i get this when i try to restore my gear?

The d:\ path is the correct one where my plugins are.
I don't have the C:\Program files\.. path at all.

If i recall correct (from previous CS TRacks installment) one of these is the 64 bit right?
I need 32bit..
It's a bit complicated. What now?

Edit*
Clicked No, could point to 32bit folder, can't opt out of 64bit so just put them somewhere and deleted afterward.

All in all, your system could use some work. You're making it unnecessary hard to update just ONE plugin.
-Download everything, not just the CS Store update what i initially thought.
-The download installs:
> All TRacks
> Authoriser
> CS Store
> The gazillionth MSVC redist.exe
> Quicktime (Prompts yes/no thankfully)

All that for one updated dll.

Why can't plugins update by simply running the CS store and clicking on an Update button. Then it downloads the updates straight to the folders where the dll's already are. Done.
Last edited by zeep on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

That should reflect where you've previously installed them. I suggest you give support a holler if that isn't the case of if you are unsure of how to move forward. That's what they are there for :)

And yes, the second would be the 64-bit default location. I don't know whether that is going to be created (hence the warning popup, etc) so again best to consult with support for full details.

Edit - and you can of course choose to change those paths if you wish. So I'm not quite clear what is an issue here.

Peter, thanks. I edited my post. Warning some complaining ;)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:And not everybody thinks implications that their hard work was done whilst totally screwed up on drugs is funny, it can come off as insulting.
seriously? grow up peter, it was clearly a light hearted joke or has the recent abuse you're getting over the CS made your sense of humour disappear.

rhythmtechnologies wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:And not everybody thinks implications that their hard work was done whilst totally screwed up on drugs is funny, it can come off as insulting.
seriously? grow up peter, it was clearly a light hearted joke or has the recent abuse you're getting over the CS made your sense of humour disappear.
Ah that's pretty insulting too. I'm all grown up and no the abuse over that GUI was mean-spirited and I'm allowed to point out that if someone did that to you over something you worked hard on it would be an insult. But we're at KVR where certain personal insults are acceptable. Don't tell me to grow up, and I clearly don't think CS is getting "abuse" because a vocal minority says they don't like it. Again, business decisions aren't made in a vacuum and I think by now one would realize IK aren't stupid enough to go into something blindly and THEN repeat it by adding it to another flagship product.

You think I'd be warned/banned if I went to Music Cafe and started saying "that sounds so shite, you must have been on some great stuff to think that was good music!!!"? Clearly, anybody would.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Ah that's pretty insulting too. I'm all grown up and no the abuse over that GUI was mean-spirited and I'm allowed to point out that if someone did that to you over something you worked hard on it would be an insult. But we're at KVR where certain personal insults are acceptable. Don't tell me to grow up, and I clearly don't think CS is getting "abuse" because a vocal minority says they don't like it. Again, business decisions aren't made in a vacuum and I think by now one would realize IK aren't stupid enough to go into something blindly and THEN repeat it by adding it to another flagship product.
i just did tell you to grow up, get over it.

if i output audio work to the quality of the original ssl GUI my clients would ask me was i on drugs.. before finding another engineer.

ive never made a bad comment about any of IKs business practices before but i can tell you one thing thats becoming glaringly obvious, your bosses need to take a long hard look at their public persona because you arent doing them any favours currently.

dont bother replying, you've said all you need to.

Ah this won't last long. So I won't bother feeding such a worthless argument much further. But I do see your point - people who like to think that rules at KVR are different for different people would prefer they had a eunuch to work over. I'll forward the suggestion. Your threats don't worry or bother me.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ahhh the word troll gets pulled out. the last bastion of the passive aggressive fool.

and what threats would they be? or has your mastery of the english language failed you? because i see no threats.

rhythmtechnologies wrote:ahhh the word troll gets pulled out. the last bastion of the passive aggressive fool.
I edited but indeed you are. Guess I just didn't want to violate the same rule you thought did not apply to you (which you just broke again). Funny.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
rhythmtechnologies wrote:ahhh the word troll gets pulled out. the last bastion of the passive aggressive fool.
I edited but indeed you are. Guess I just didn't want to violate the same rule you thought did not apply to you (which you just broke again). Funny.
and what rule is that? obeying the mighty IK overlords and not daring to say anything against them?

if a mod wants to chastise, me they're welcome to message me but its plain for anyone to see that you decided to run with my joke and have a go for no reason other than the vocal majority (yes you heard correctly) here and at gearslutz are slamming CS. so you got pissed and decided to make an example of someone.

well you picked the wrong guy, cause i smell your BS a mile off and ive no issues with pulling you up on it. now jog on or ill start reporting you to the mods for harassing me.

LOL ok tough guy. Report me. What is your issue? I called you out on an insult and you followed up with more. Well done, I hope you feel that much bigger now.

Vocal minority, actually. I have the actual data to back that up, because I do more than just post on forums to "do favors" for the bosses. Again, nothing is done without thought and you have not a clue because of lack if insight into that so I don't really blame you.

Again, I'm glad you feel awful tough there, big guy. Glad I could help with that. "You picked the wrong guy"... Oh jeez, you must be one of the ones that mods shut down on Gearslutz and even apologized for in PM. Different worlds, I suppose.

Please folks, be kind to one another (or at least respectful)!
This is an informative thread, I'd hate to lock it.

Return to “Effects”