XILS Roland Vocoder VP-330 Plus - NEW SYNTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS V+

Sequent wrote:I'm glad to hear about the GB and will hopefully be able to jump on it! I wasn't able to take advantage of the special promotions earlier. At the time I was demo-ing several different options and out of all of them Oxium seemed to be the most fun to work with and was the most cpu friendly of the bunch. Unfortunately, my pocket book had other ideas so I had to take a pass.

As for the vocoder... that one is exciting as well and I'm looking forward to it. I was watching some Kitaro videos yesterday and didn't realize that one of his signature sounds is actually done with a vocoder. Though it doesn't necessarily sound like what I usually associate with 'standard' vocoder type sounds. So... suddenly I want a decent one as well... because I realize what can be done with one! :)
Hope you be able to get it Mr Sequent. Oxium is indeed fun to work with, and tbh I still discover a lot of fresh ideas with it to explore :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Cool , thanks Laurent .

Lotuzia wrote:
electro wrote:Has the XILS preset lag been addressed yet?
Hi Electro,

Do you refer to a certain time between presets when browing them ?

If this is the case, on my (pretty ancient Q9650) test machine, for Oxium its instantaneous.
Noticed the lag with Synthix. Assumed it was the case for all other Xils synths as well.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

By the way, is it possible to do a custom skin for Oxium?

davidka wrote:By the way, is it possible to do a custom skin for Oxium?
No. There are two skins atm, the famous Orange one, and the rusty one ( wich is grey btw ) but if the minigroupbuy goes well, and iirc the last step is achieved, we'll commission our graphic artist for a third one : in the shades of white.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:with a divider per octave engine, that gives it its very particular character, that you cant achieve with samples, or standard analog strings engines.
Lotuzia what does this mean exactly?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:with a divider per octave engine, that gives it its very particular character, that you cant achieve with samples, or standard analog strings engines.
The VP-330 (and other string machines) aren't really polyphonic, otherwise they would have to use one osc per key, which would be way too expensive.

The polypony (or paraphony) is achieved by dividing down a few master oscillators instead. This gives string machines a very particular sound, which would be hard (or even impossible) to emulate with samples.

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
The VP-330 (and other string machines) aren't really polyphonic, otherwise they would have to use one osc per key, which would be way too expensive.

The polypony (or paraphony) is achieved by dividing down a few master oscillators instead. This gives string machines a very particular sound, which would be hard (or even impossible) to emulate with samples.

Cheers
Dennis
Thanks Bronto, but all this I know. I think Lotuzia eluded to something third.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

I just got the new newsletter from Xils Lab. This is the content concerning the new product:

"Some quick news about our next Musical Instrument, which will be available as both a -special- Synthesizer AND a -special- Effect.

We're now creating some nice presets with it, Algorithms are finely tweaked and the UI and GUI are in their final state. Soon, very soon are the words."

BTW i have joined the Beta team for the new product recently. :)
I'm not allowed to tell more than is written in the newsletter.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

this is the release i'm looking most forwad too.
would be nice to hear a vocal sample processed through the original and through the plugin.
and also an audio comparison between the choir and strings on the original and the plugin.

olikana wrote:this is the release i'm looking most forwad too.
+1, seems an interesting one...

Xils Lab is one of my three favorite softsynth developers (others are Waldorf and Tone2) and i am happy about every new release from them. It's also both an honor and fun that i was (and am) able to do Beta tests for all three of those companies.

While Oxium is really cool and maybe more advanced i still like Synthix very much (epecially the BP6 filter and the Chorus...). PolyKB II and XILS 3 got their own sounds and are very nice too.
IMO the upcoming new synth will be a nice addition to those other synths.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:I just got the new newsletter from Xils Lab. This is the content concerning the new product:

"Some quick news about our next Musical Instrument, which will be available as both a -special- Synthesizer AND a -special- Effect.

We're now creating some nice presets with it, Algorithms are finely tweaked and the UI and GUI are in their final state. Soon, very soon are the words."

BTW i have joined the Beta team for the new product recently. :)
I'm not allowed to tell more than is written in the newsletter.

Ingo
Thanks for letting us know you got a newsletter

Also, thanks for telling us you're testing something you cant talk about

Both highly valuable pieces of 'information'

Kriminal wrote: Thanks for letting us know you got a newsletter

Also, thanks for telling us you're testing something you cant talk about

Both highly valuable pieces of 'information'
Many thanks for your senseless reply. :wink:

First i offered a quote from the newsletter about the upcoming product and second i'll give more informations (including audio demos) as soon as i am allowed to.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

I cant wait for this release, there is something about the sound of the VP-330 that is just magical.

Return to “Instruments”