Corona synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Corona

The combine mode with Pythagora's causes a bassy click/thump when i hit a note ... is there some way to remove this? You get such beautiful organ sounds when using it :)

I just discovered the additional wave banks you have for download ... thank you!
:hug:

I can suggest filtering it using ALT HP24.

Glad to know you like the new sounds :)

The combine mode was such a nice discovery when I found it. At first I thought the oscs were just standard VA with wave loading ability. Didn't think there was any FM functionality, but the combine mode is like an ultra cross-modulation function that I've yet to really grasp. I just know it makes some wicked sounds. Even having basic Cross-mod/FM in a VA opens up the range of sounds infinitely, so this really does wonders. Especially with those dual filters afterwards. I've stumbled on mad screaming sounds that would make any MS-20 jealous.

Any Corona update soon which will lower the CPU usage? :roll:

Echoes in the Attic wrote:The combine mode was such a nice discovery when I found it. At first I thought the oscs were just standard VA with wave loading ability. Didn't think there was any FM functionality, but the combine mode is like an ultra cross-modulation function that I've yet to really grasp. I just know it makes some wicked sounds. Even having basic Cross-mod/FM in a VA opens up the range of sounds infinitely, so this really does wonders. Especially with those dual filters afterwards. I've stumbled on mad screaming sounds that would make any MS-20 jealous.
Yeah, the oscillator combiners are what really sold this synth to me. You can get some really unheard-of sounds like weird bit-morphing burbles using the logic-based combiners.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

ferez21 wrote:Any Corona update soon which will lower the CPU usage? :roll:
Corona already has very low CPU usage on any i5 / i7 processor. It gets more intensive on Core 2 Duo but that's an almost 4 years old chip. I don't think there is any other similar software synth with the same sound quality and low processor requirements.

Corona R4.7 is now ready to go.

What's new
  • New envelope curve type: RC (Analog Style). Check Manual > Envelope section.
  • Vibrato Depth values behave correctly with Mod Matrix destination amount.
  • Mod Matrix Envelope Speed behaves correctly with modulation wheel.
Corona costs 95 € / 119 USD (VAT included where applicable).
A demo version is available at Corona page.
Previous Corona customers can update to R4.7 for free.

I think it would be better if the banks are installed somewhere with the vst. I had to copy it from the Administrator account. Might be a minor thing though, but could be confusing for novices like me. I like that the synth shows the modulations that occurs! One of few synths that i have seen that does that.

Thanks for the feedback :) It seems a issue with installer engine and admin privileges. We'll take a look at that.

A little reminder about Corona being on sale until March 31.

Just loving all the classic waveforms in the expansion for Corona :tu:

Would it be possible to add waveforms for Roland D50 too? Any place I could get my hands on them, if such files already are out there?

D50 synthesis only covers a square with pulse width and a saw, not a lot.
PCM is © by Roland.

OK, I don't think I will miss them anyhow, there are so many waveforms to check out in the expansion that I'll be occupied for ages nevertheless.

Must say that this is one of the most fun synths I've tried out, building sounds by combining waveforms is so easy and quick.

As I was mucking about with a sound I was thinking to myself I need to make a note of the settings of the effects in my rack because that sounded pretty well, but then I realized I wasn't using any external effects, it was all Corona: Vibrato, chorus and delay really make the sounds come alive :tu:

Just wanted to say how much i love this synth.. :)
:hug:

Return to “Instruments”