Grace

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...another 'finished wip' for the EP, 'States'.

Grace

Finished WIP? :o

Grace Kelly and Julie Newmar. You certainly have good taste in retro babes. Note Monaco isn't normally pronounced so that it rhymes with taco. :)

The intro is about 5 hours too long, the wobbles sound ridiculous in the context of this song, and the production is bizarre. However, it is so quirky and original that I enjoyed it a lot. Another winner! :tu:

Amusingly cute... there are thing in it that are outrageously bizarre, event to my standards. My head ain't big enough to comprehend it all. I'll listen again some other time, maybe I'll have some coffee first. I never drink coffee.

Zombie Queen wrote:I'll listen again some other time, maybe I'll have some coffee first. I never drink coffee.
It will make perfect sense if you drink Swiss Miss first:

http://soundcloud.com/user318569/mrblit ... f-industry

:)

I remember Swiss Miss, somehow it didn't confuse me much, maybe because I haven't yet got tinnitus back then. There must be an interference.

This reminds me of some of those late '60s or early '70s concept albums that tried to fuse different styles. You have managed to do in 5:46 which is quite remarkable. Dubstep, Highlife, Psychedelic, Disco. Very enjoyable.

Good work :)

this is what it sounds like when i forget to take my meds.
which is meant as a compliment, btw :D
love it.

neil.

Another scruffy baroque pop masterpiece from MrBlitz. Keep going, and we'll read about you in Wire soon.

Beautifully bizarre!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

wow so good! Fifth time going.

Frantz wrote:Finished WIP? :o
Sound contradictory, but I think it describes Mr Blitz style in general.

well, given my past with making recordings, there was often a tendency to 'half bake' a great deal of material. probably no one would ever accuse me of 'overcooking' a piece.

so, with a piece like this; it's like, 'i think it's done but don't really know'.

thanks for the listens/comments. with any luck, the EP should be out shortly...

Zombie Queen wrote:Sound contradictory, but I think it describes Mr Blitz style in general.
Given Mr Blitz's tendency to remix his remixes, I would describe his style as WIPIP - Works In Progress In Perpetuity. :)

Great composition !!
Far out psychedelia, free and wild. So many original ideas and solutions: I like it so very much.
Very good mix indeed (vocals included).

Cheers

Return to “Music Cafe”