May Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kryptonaut wrote:Not sure where to post this request - but given the speed at which threads drop off the first page of the Cafe, could the
CONTEST ENTRANTS! Don't be all "Imma let you finish, but I have the best entry of all time."

sticky be removed? It seems it was created in response to an external contest that finished a year ago, is not relevant to how people behave on the Cafe contests, and is if anything rather insulting to the people who hang out here, who are normally a pretty polite and helpful bunch. :)
I passed this along to Meffy. Thread's gone now.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:I passed this along to Meffy. Thread's gone now.

And thanks RuediRena for the review :tu:

Well I had high hopes for getting something finished this month, but guess it's not going to happen now.

Will listen to everyone else's and vote of course, but wish that mine was in the mix for once...

Likewise here, time restrictions mean I'm out this month. Will do my best to listen and vote though

I don't think I've submitted an entry at all this year so far :(

Maybe next month...

shit !! have i missed the date ?? :o :o

I am out this month. Nothing really worked, no ideas whatsoever, nada, zilch. Will listen and vote.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:shit !! have i missed the date ?? :o :o
No, lol. It just some usual participants won't play the game this month, sadly.
The deadline is 25th.

Have a nice day :)

IrionDaRonin wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:shit !! have i missed the date ?? :o :o
No, lol. It just some usual participants won't play the game this month, sadly.
The deadline is 25th.

Have a nice day :)
yeah thanks, just rechecked to stop the panic :D

Being simply lazy, I dont like work

so no tomato

:P
Heinrich Heine wrote: "Nothing is more futile than theorizing about music."
Me write: "I have no talent and regularly prove it in the Music Cafe contests"

satYatunes wrote:I am out this month. Nothing really worked, no ideas whatsoever, nada, zilch. Will listen and vote.
echo the above

although I will post in the forum below an instrumental that would have been the bones of my tune this month . . .

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Here are some of my thoughts on the entries so far, in alphabetical order. Hope we get some more before the deadline!

beanpole - Subterranean Callcentre Blues
This is a catchy song! I really like the change of key and intensity when the chorus kicks in after the verses. The song reminds me of The Damned's 'Smash It Up,' which has to be a good sign.

ClaRago - DIG
This is good, although a bit short - I like the lyric section and would have liked it to have been developed a bit (also I couldn't quite make out the words after 'digging copper'), or maybe for something more to have happened after the lyric section.

evo2slo - a mothers work
Great intro and performance throughout. Lyrics perhaps a bit sentimental for my taste, but the song is really well crafted and fitting for the theme. I particularly like the contrast of the stripped back chorus near the end.

Irion Da Ronin - Machinen
Good use of contrasting sections - I like the way the accelerating glitchy intro blends into the dreamy middle section, as though the repetitive work has induced some kind of trance, and then we resurface nicely invigorated at the end.

LagunaRising - WhiteGloves
I think there's a tune underneath it all that I'd like to be able to hear, but the cafeteria sounds are bit overwhelming. Maybe that's the point?

nikp2000 - wage slaves
Effective use of samples and appropriate sound design to convey an image of frantic repetitive industry.

offthewall - RaiseEmUpHigher
Very evocative guitar and harmonica playing here, working well with the percussive effects. I think that the playing style is what makes this song, and I wonder if the instrumentation could have been introduced a bit sooner.

Patrick9 - Imigrant Blues
Ah yes, you always know where you are with the blues! The playing is really great, and has a nice live feel to it. The vocals sound kind of hollow which makes it a bit hard to pick out the words - perhaps it's something to do with the echo, or perhaps it's my headphones.

RuediRena - Work Dance Work
I got 'Arbeiten', 'Tanzen' and 'Arbeiten' - were they saying something else as well? I like the glitchy robovocals, but would have enjoyed a bit more variation. I guess the idea was to highlight the repetitiveness of a robot's work-time and play-time.

Almost done, but it will be a close shave (or as some folks in ex-Yugoslavian countries colorfully put it, by the width of a mouse's love handle)

Good thing my time zone is far enough east from Miltz :D

Cheers
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

Aziraphal wrote:Good thing my time zone is far enough east from Miltz :D
could be relying on that fact myself :lol:

Thank RR & Kryptonaut for the reviews.
Kryptonaut, if I were you I would not bother about my lyrics and their meaning, not much in it.
Anyway it is dedicated to my spouse's grandfather, member of the now extinct caste of Welsh miners .When he was still alive & I met him his perception of reality was then already quite loose. I had long hair and he always thought I was a girl, friend of his generic ( he would call her different names) granddaughter. He liked to sit next to me and affectionately pat my knee. I also remember carrying his coffin with three of his youngest co-workers.

Return to “Music Cafe”