Wide-Hat - a high quality, wide stereo hi-hat sample pack with no phase issues

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a sample pack with very high quality recordings of my very high quality hi-hat (Paiste 2002 14" Medium).

Here's a quick demo.

It's unique. I made sure to give it a very wide, pleasant sounding stereo image while keeping the sound tight, with no weird differences between the channels, and making sure that I'll be able to get a good sound either from the left channel alone, the right channel alone, or with the two channels mixed into a narrowed stereo image or mono. If you're truly familiar with recording, you know that this is a very big deal. Other than that, the overall sound is proper and has a natural frequency response and no weird stuff.

It's compact. Don't expect a large amount of samples or any fancy stuff. It's not amazingly versatile, but it is very usable. I carefully selected the samples for my own usage. It's quick and simple to make your own patch for this in various available samplers. I don't intend to make sample packs of other cymbals any time soon, in case you wonder.

Download Turritopsis Wide-Hat

Enjoy.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

Awesome, thanks very much.
I will post some soon of my Zildjian 13 quick beats, but just need to find the time!

Cheers

No prob, I hope it will be useful. Yes, this stuff takes a -lot- of time, and it's far from fun to work on :).

Wow! Thanks very much.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Thanks for sharing! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you!
eSoundz: alacantec

Great samples! Thank you.
BUDGET KONTAKT INSTRUMENTS
https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kont ... /tdsamples
Ethnic instruments, sultry speech, scrap percussion, toys, etc.

ty :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Ah, there's actual interest. Thanks for the thanks.

Ah just noticed this thread Shy, I will definitely find use for this set.
Cheers for taking the time to share some of your spoils man

All the best :)

Dean

Cool, Dean, enjoy.

By the way, a note to users: it sounds much like what a drummer hears, since it was recorded from a close distance. To simulate what an audience from further away would hear, you could simply eq the frequencies with a (not too steep) high-pass filter or band-pass filter, to have more high frequencies and less "body", which may fit a mix better.

Thank you very much Shy!
Very nice samples and nice from your part to share them!!

Thanks for your generosity, Shy.

It's nothing (well, a little something), thanks, enjoy.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”