=== MUX Request List ===

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dsx707 wrote:I really love MUX but would like to see these features to make it perfect in my eyes.

1. Optional Mono mode with different glide modes and curves.

2. Oscillator Frequency Modulation between Oscillator modules.

3 Oscillator Sync between Oscillator modules.

4. Step squencer..
+1 step sequencer
Amazon: why not use an alternative

[quote="sl23"
17. Group select.
Not sure if this is possible can't find it anywhere. But when moving stuff on the Front Panel and Deep Editor sometimes I need to move several items but can't do so all at once. Instead I'm having to move one at a time, so some way of selecting several items at once then dragging them as a group would be great help.Scott[/quote]

1+

Creating a font panel is currently very time-consuming, since dragging a group panel does not drag all of the buttons or knobs in the panel.

Feature request:

Allow the VSTI's interface to remain visible when editing an envelope. Currently, on a panel, if you attach a button that opens the ADSR envelope for a parameter, opening the dialog box for the envelope hides or closes the interface for the instrument. This means that you cannot see the effects on the parameter (you can't see the sliders, etc move on the vsti's interface) as you experiment with different settings, or make adjustments in the vsti to see how they combine with adjustments to the envelope.

I can get around this problem because I have two screens\monitors, so I can just drag the vsti's interface to my second screen before opening the ADSR's dialog box on my main screen. However, I wish I didn't have to do so, and users with one screen may find the need to switch back and forth a problem.

Of course the same situation occurs whenever you open any new panel or dialog box if you have the vsti's interface showing--it gets hidden. Maybe a simple, "Always show VSTI interface" option box somewhere on the MULAB menu on the main interface would be valuable?

I've just downloaded v5. Instinctively the first thing I checked was whether or not the thing that I found most limiting in the previous version had been "fixed": the ability to select and drag multiple items simultaneously. Unfortunately it hasn't been fixed.

If I could only request one feature it would be this one. Please please please we need gang-bang-select, this is a massive limitation it really gets in the way of experimentation and creativity.

Second creativity hurdle: no undo/redo. Everything should be undo-able and redo-able. I mean.... even Notepad has undo.

Although it can be a pain in the ass to use without these two features, I still recommend MUX at every opportunity because it's it a fantastic and very powerful plugin. Thank you!

Request:

You have the CPB in here, can you add the NEMS (Nanoelectromechanical systems)

Might be worth checking this out. The math is in here.

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/availa ... Thesis.pdf

It would literally change everything on constructing music.

If not its a good read anyway :).

I know it won't be as popular an idea as the rest, but being that MUX is modular it could make some very good advancements in our literal thinking process. As well as delving into the science community.

Thanks for the read.
What is the structural integrity of a compound when it is broken down to its wave form?

The same as everything else that surrounds it.

https://soundcloud.com/zendrix

LunaTech wrote:Request:

You have the CPB in here, can you add the NEMS (Nanoelectromechanical systems)

Might be worth checking this out. The math is in here.

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/availa ... Thesis.pdf

It would literally change everything on constructing music.

If not its a good read anyway :).

I know it won't be as popular an idea as the rest, but being that MUX is modular it could make some very good advancements in our literal thinking process. As well as delving into the science community.

Thanks for the read.
This is a spamp post, right? What's this to do with a VST plug-in?

"Can you add the NEMS" :?:

What does that even mean? If you want something added at least pitch it properly.

Did you even bother checking out the links... Do you know anything about brainwave cymatics. Do you know anything about Hermann Helmholtz or maybe have you read Fundamentals of musical Acoustics by Arthur H Benade. And you were calling it spam post, are you kidding me.

Oh one last question, do you have any idea what fractal music is, what about the www.emotiv.com/epoc, oh and how about https://www.leapmotion.com/
Spam really ..... Have I done something to offend you?

I'm just trying to take sound to a whole new level within the current comprehension. Go ahead and put me down if you want, just shows what type of person you are.

To the matter of pitching it, its not really something that most of you would be into unless you want to make fractal music and have it correlate with brainwaves. I do not know how to pitch stuff because the ideas that I have are jumbled anyway due to to many concussions.

So scoox I'm sorry if I upset you with my request.
What is the structural integrity of a compound when it is broken down to its wave form?

The same as everything else that surrounds it.

https://soundcloud.com/zendrix

I just saw the Rob Papen new "standalone with RP-Dock" for playing his synths without a DAW, good for live performance etc.
Wouldn't be awesome to have a standalone version for the MUX where you can use it to load other VST?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Reminds me to this recent topic: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386219

And such thing has been requested a couple of times already. Interesting, it made me think. Taken some notes.

liquidsound wrote:Wouldn't be awesome to have a standalone version for the MUX where you can use it to load other VST?
I'd love a standalone Mux :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby, for what purposes would you use it?

Asking this in order to collect ideas & visions about such standalone MUX.

I'd like to see more outputs in MUX. 4 stereo pairs isn't too much if you're dealing with drum plugins in MUX and want to route single drums to distinct outputs.

Re: MuX as standalone...

I use MiniHost for trying out new VST's but MuX Standalone could replace this. Saves having to run a DAW just to test some plugins.

1. MiniHost is old so won't be long before it's outdated.
2. MH is 32bit only.
3. MH can only run one VST at a time.
4. MH can't run VST fx in use.

I know there are other programs, but they're not as easy to use as MH when all you want is to know what a plugin is or sounds like.

Perhaps MuX VST and MuX Standalone could come bundled together? Is there much additional work involved to turn a VST into an EXE?

Just some ideas I thought might help Jo, not sure how useful they would be to others though?! ;-)

I use Pianoteq standalone a lot and I record my improvisations more often then with a DAW setup. No tapping, no quantized, nothing. Just pure let go, let flow. I would love the same with other VST combo etc. inside the standalone MUX but can you implement a Midi recorder inside the MUX similar to Pianoteq?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I use MUX a lot with Nebula and I would like to see resizable Knobs and Buttons for the front panel. It would be awesome if the front panel gets advanced features. Something like the panel for the ipad app Liine Lemur. I am not rely happy witch the automatic Mono/Stereo handling. For advanced Mid Side processing it is unpractical. Anyway MUX is an awesome programm!

Return to “MUTOOLS”