Elecktroid!

Official support for: audiospillage.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So....

I've been stewing on wether to get Elecktroid for a month now, have the demo, I just read about the possibility of drag-n-drop MIDI, which would be a lot of work for you and the price would go up... I would imagine implementing full DAW midi control of Elecktroid WITH the ability to send whatever sounds to channels is a long way off... but let me add to the chorus of delighted electronic derpers...

... this thing is intriguing. Yes sir.

Is there a limit to the sample rate or size of loaded sound sample? I don't use samples much, but this seems to use (or at least display) fairly basic samples... hard to tell :)

The sound is clear and full... even in my underwhelming 32bit Ableton+Mac+headphones environment, get's along with Zebra2.5 sonically, plus it gets things moving quickly. I'm getting old... can't waste time waiting around while the elves weave a beat in Ableton.

What really concerns me, is the additional layer of related saved files for a given track (more folders of drumkits, Patterns, samples)... thus we end back where we started, wanting to hand things over to mother DAW....

... *sigh*...

Who am I kidding? Ableton needs a drumbox and it's on SALE, damn it :x

**pays**
Retired, Bored and ready to WRECK the JOINT... gonna drop some OLD-STEP, ya'll!!

TomTwohy wrote:I just read about the possibility of drag-n-drop MIDI, which would be a lot of work for you and the price would go up...
Drag and drop will appear in v1.1.

TomTwohy wrote:I would imagine implementing full DAW midi control of Elecktroid WITH the ability to send whatever sounds to channels is a long way off...
Well, if I understand correctly... sequencer patterns can already be triggered via MIDI notes, MIDI CCs can be set up for each pad and there are 8 audio outputs to choose from. And if I don't understand correctly then yeah it's light years away ;)

TomTwohy wrote:Is there a limit to the sample rate or size of loaded sound sample? I don't use samples much, but this seems to use (or at least display) fairly basic samples... hard to tell :)
Samples are loaded into RAM so any practical limit is dictated by the amount of RAM you have. For normal length drum sounds and effects it's not a problem. Samples can be of any sample rate.
TomTwohy wrote:What really concerns me, is the additional layer of related saved files for a given track (more folders of drumkits, Patterns, samples)... thus we end back where we started, wanting to hand things over to mother DAW....
I can understand that. We'll try to improve the preset handling, particularly sequencer paterns and sample management.
TomTwohy wrote: Who am I kidding? Ableton needs a drumbox and it's on SALE, damn it :x

**pays**
My thoughts exactly. Thanks! :)

I was referring to the ability to adjust gate length, pitch, LFO, release (etc) with the step sequencer... if these can be instead controlled by my DAW (Ableton).

Mainly I am posting again to ask how the "channels" work... I can set them easily enough, the kick (or whatever) disappears from the mix... but where do they show up?

As it is, just being able to set up some samples, blend them with a synth and trigger them in longer sections in Ableton is more than enough... ideal in fact... I could even use Minispillage to get a FAT kick on it's own channel (works great).

But the channel function seems to be what I am most confused by. Switching between Patterns is hard to figure out as well... theres no "song mode" so how does one go about linking patterns to make long phrases? Short of linking patterns, how does one get them to switch using the DAW?

At the present, YOU'RE the only manual available on Elecktroid... so... 'splain it! :help:

Still, I like this plugin! It seems to be very handy to use both samples and drum-synthisis in the same unit (like Ultrabeat!). This is why I settled on Elecktroid over Drumspillage... a difficult decision as Drumspillage has more sound engines(?) available. AND more pads (**Jealous rage :x **)

If you ever add samples to Drumspillage.... Hmmmmmmmm YEAH, that would be cool. :hihi:
Retired, Bored and ready to WRECK the JOINT... gonna drop some OLD-STEP, ya'll!!

TomTwohy wrote:I was referring to the ability to adjust gate length, pitch, LFO, release (etc) with the step sequencer... if these can be instead controlled by my DAW (Ableton).
Ahh, well you can hit the disclosure triangle in the top right of the sound editing page to reveal 4 assignable MIDI CC slots. You can assign almost any parameter to a MIDI. You could then use Live to control these via its MIDI CC editor. The other solution would be to use Live's automation system.

TomTwohy wrote:Mainly I am posting again to ask how the "channels" work... I can set them easily enough, the kick (or whatever) disappears from the mix... but where do they show up?
In Live you'll need to setup the instrument to use multiple output channels. Then they will show up in a mixer channel. This varies a bit from host to host so I'm going to refer you to this tutorial:

http://goo.gl/DOPld
TomTwohy wrote:Switching between Patterns is hard to figure out as well... theres no "song mode" so how does one go about linking patterns to make long phrases? Short of linking patterns, how does one get them to switch using the DAW?
You need to put the sequencer into 'MIDI Mode'. It defaults to 'Edit Mode'. Once in midi mode you can trigger patterns via MIDI starting at note C2 onwards. The loop button will loop the pattern whilst a MIDI key is held down. The 'Oneshot' button (big right facing arrow) will play the pattern right through to the end regardless of when you release the MIDI key.

Hope that helps a bit!?

AudioSpillage

As the British say... "Sorted"! :)

It makes the program even more enjoyable and useful to have both an "idea toy" (easy, one-channel-idea-machine) that can ALSO serve as a fierce battle weapon... mixing custom waves and drum-synths for MAXIMUM fire power... shame I don't have more samples to play with (fixable).

Channel outs really help with the sound AND effects (Duh), this is what makes Elecktroid a prowling meat-eater and you should add this to the lessons as soon as possible!

I see your strategy with having the sections playable in MIDI mode, as it offers a dynamic way to control patterns... but for now, i'll use the on-board patterns as a sketch pad and wait for drag-and-drop to come along.

All-in-all I'm very happy and feel I am enjoying a rare opportunity to hurl MAD beats and be as clever as I can... with a tool that really makes the groove MINE! Boutique synth-makers like you RULE!

The drum-synth is a bit strange in how the synthesis is implemented... takes me a while to chase down a bass drum... but it's worth the effort. I can add a Pitch-EG'd note to even the most humble kick sample and suddenly i's a speaker shredder! I can make "synares" and mad claps by sampling debris on my desk! Hell, I can repurpose the samples that CAME with it for the next YEAR!

Minispillage was interesting, Drumspillage was VERY cool for a synth-drum... but Elecktroid is by far the most useful of your tools (to me).

Bravo, Audio Spillage... BRAVO!!

Hi,

I'm new here, big fan of Elektoid, use it a lot and I'm very happy with! One quetion: When do you think the features in the statement below "1.1" from last year will be implemented? :-)

Thanks for a short answer, nice greetings,
Mandaloo

audiospillage wrote:
TomTwohy wrote:I just read about the possibility of drag-n-drop MIDI, which would be a lot of work for you and the price would go up...

Great new website design. I wish v1.1 will feature the same theme/colors as drumspillage does.

Mandaloo wrote:Hi,

I'm new here, big fan of Elektoid, use it a lot and I'm very happy with! One quetion: When do you think the features in the statement below "1.1" from last year will be implemented? :-)

Thanks for a short answer, nice greetings,
Mandaloo

audiospillage wrote:
Welcome Mandaloo :) We've had to shuffle things around a bit recently so the Elecktroid 1.1 upgrade release was put back. Still, we'll look to release it this Summer as there are some important new features and bug fixes in the update.

Cheers,
AudioSpillage

krixa wrote:Great new website design. I wish v1.1 will feature the same theme/colors as drumspillage does.
Hey thanks! That's food for thought :)

audiospillage wrote: Drag and drop will appear in v1.1.
Is this MIDI only drag and drop or samples too?

krixa wrote:
Pattern export via MIDI drag + drop to timeline. You can already drag samples into Elecktroid. People have requested audio pattern/track drag + drop /export. But we're only human!

AudioSpillage

audiospillage wrote:
krixa wrote:
Pattern export via MIDI drag + drop to timeline. You can already drag samples into Elecktroid. People have requested audio pattern/track drag + drop /export. But we're only human!

AudioSpillage
MIDI export to daw/sequencer is great!
Oh snap, I just checked the pdf manual and tried to drag samples onto the pads. This won't work for me, I am using Renoise v2.8.1 64-bit on OSX.

krixa wrote:
audiospillage wrote:
krixa wrote:

AudioSpillage
Oh snap, I just checked the pdf manual and tried to drag samples onto the pads. This won't work for me, I am using Renoise v2.8.1 64-bit on OSX.
OK, we'll check that out. Are you able to drag samples to the waveform display in Renoise?

audiospillage wrote:
krixa wrote:
audiospillage wrote:
krixa wrote:

AudioSpillage
OK, we'll check that out. Are you able to drag samples to the waveform display in Renoise?
No, I can't do that either.

krixa wrote:
audiospillage wrote:
krixa wrote:
audiospillage wrote:
krixa wrote:

AudioSpillage
No, I can't do that either.
OK, thanks, we'll look into that too.

AudioSpillage

Return to “AudioSpillage”