Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Syncretia
KVRist
 
349 posts since 9 Aug, 2011

Postby Syncretia; Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:56 pm Zebra II - Working With Samples

I noticed that in Zebra II, some patches have sampled voices etc. However, I can't figure out how to load samples in to Zebra or how to manipulate the ones that are already in the patches. I did a search on "sample" in the help, but I got nothing. I guess it has something to do with the MSEG section because you can tie stretch the sample there. But, I can't see any controls to load samples. Also, I couldn't find anything on "MSEG" in the help.
3ee
KVRAF
 
3601 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Postby 3ee; Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:58 pm

you can't load samples into Zebra atm and probably never will... but there are some applications that can turn sampled waves into oscillator wave sets.

Search for Wav2Zebra and bluberrything

here's a link for the blueberrything:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/blueberrything/
User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
21976 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:28 pm

There are plans to add waveform import, and some kind of automatic blueberry thing... some day we'll get there...
Syncretia
KVRist
 
349 posts since 9 Aug, 2011

Postby Syncretia; Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:21 am

?

I don't get it. If that's the case, why is it that some patches have samples?

There are a couple of patches that talk. What is going on?
User avatar
jupiter8
KVRAF
 
9381 posts since 17 Sep, 2002, from Gothenburg Sweden

Postby jupiter8; Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:23 am

Kruddler wrote:?

I don't get it. If that's the case, why is it that some patches have samples?

There are a couple of patches that talk. What is going on?

That is the result of some seriously talented synthesis sound design.
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16290 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:44 am

Drawable wavetable oscillators can do that sort of thing, when you tweak them carefully with knowledge :)
User avatar
hakey
KVRAF
 
5148 posts since 25 Feb, 2008, from Babylon an ting

Postby hakey; Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:11 am

Kruddler wrote:?

I don't get it. If that's the case, why is it that some patches have samples?

There are a couple of patches that talk. What is going on?

The one that say's "HS Blubbery Thing" was achieved by splitting a sample of Urs talking into (I think) 45 separate waveforms, each of which was then converted using "Bluberrything" into Zebra oscillator "spectroblend" waves and sequentially sorted into three oscillators. Some clever use of the MSEGs allowed the 45 waves to be reconstituted into something resembling the original sample. The end result is not really sample playback, it's more along the lines of a resynthesis of the original sample.

HS I Am Zebra and HS Who Are You are entirely synthetic. No samples were used in any way - just basic oscillators running through filters.
User avatar
hakey
KVRAF
 
5148 posts since 25 Feb, 2008, from Babylon an ting

Postby hakey; Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:15 am

double post
User avatar
ariston
KVRAF
 
3398 posts since 28 Jun, 2009, from Wherever I lay my hat

Postby ariston; Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:18 am

hakey wrote:
HS I Am Zebra and HS Who Are You are entirely synthetic. No samples were used in any way - just basic oscillators running through filters.


And if it actually WERE sample playback... then Zebra would have the poorest sounding sample engine in the world. :)
User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
 
774 posts since 6 May, 2010, from Munich, Germany

Postby PietW.; Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:23 am

3ee wrote:you can't load samples into Zebra atm and probably never will... but there are some applications that can turn sampled waves into oscillator wave sets.

Search for Wav2Zebra and bluberrything

here's a link for the blueberrything:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/blueberrything/


If you have Alchemy take Glo2Zebra to create Wavetables for Zebra2.
Sascha Franck
KVRAF
 
12413 posts since 13 Nov, 2000, from Hannover / Germany

Postby Sascha Franck; Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:26 am

A little late, but is there any thread here describing the functionality of the blueberry thing? I only found one for the Wav2Zebra thing, but as I'm on OSX...

Cheers
Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.
User avatar
jupiter8
KVRAF
 
9381 posts since 17 Sep, 2002, from Gothenburg Sweden

Postby jupiter8; Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:49 am

Sascha Franck wrote:A little late, but is there any thread here describing the functionality of the blueberry thing? I only found one for the Wav2Zebra thing, but as I'm on OSX...

Cheers
Sascha

https://sites.google.com/site/wav2zebra ... ects=0&d=1
Try this one,it's written in Java so it should run on OSX.
Sascha Franck
KVRAF
 
12413 posts since 13 Nov, 2000, from Hannover / Germany

Postby Sascha Franck; Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:15 am

Nice, I'm gonna give that a try!

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.
Electronicaz
KVRer
 
6 posts since 25 Oct, 2011

Postby Electronicaz; Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:26 am

jupiter8 wrote:
Sascha Franck wrote:A little late, but is there any thread here describing the functionality of the blueberry thing? I only found one for the Wav2Zebra thing, but as I'm on OSX...

Cheers
Sascha

https://sites.google.com/site/wav2zebra ... ects=0&d=1
Try this one,it's written in Java so it should run on OSX.



You are a superstar!

I've been using this version to create some crazy oscs from pulses of my SH-101. It sounds so bloody good!

I made 16 individual and originally consecutive WAVs from a held blast of a saw at c0 and the result was excellent.

Anyone want a d/l link?

Anyway, endless hours shall be lost making 'blip' noises sound fantastic.

Have a fine weekend everyone. :love: :)
Squelch.... It makes me happy!
http://electronicaz.bandcamp.com/
Sascha Franck
KVRAF
 
12413 posts since 13 Nov, 2000, from Hannover / Germany

Postby Sascha Franck; Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:27 am

Electronicaz wrote:Anyone want a d/l link?


Sure!

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.
Next

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he