Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Obxd is emulation of famous ob-x, ob-xa and ob8 synths.
While not copying originals , some of the features were taken to a better point.
Continuous blendable multimode filter (hp-notch(bp)-hp in 12 db mode and 4-1 pole in 24 db mode).
VAM button is last played note allocation mode.
32 and 64 bit versions included.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fhw ... y/Obxd.zip
KVR community bank containing 500 patches will be included soon. :)
Last edited by 2DaT on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:08 am, edited 8 times in total.

edit
Last edited by rob_lee on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.
Please check the address and try again."

Mornin' Rob ;)

edit

I am a bit confused of why there is 4 separate .dll files?

Jacobi.Vst.Core.dll
Jacobi.Vst.Framework.dll
Ob-x.dll
Ob-x.net.dll

rob_lee wrote:
2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural.
Your an Amateur developer so don't be negative? First thing you did was make negative vibes about another developer...You for real? DUH!
Sorry for that. Actually sonicproject is the only ob-x vst.We dont have alternatives. Is offers you awesome sounds for tiny cpu counsumance. But when it comes to filter, alanog filters are "damped" due to op-amp overdrive.Try to set oscillator frequency and filter cutoff at the same point (with high resonance).
In naive digital 2-pole filter there will be a huge loudness raise. Just try it.

filter303 wrote:I am a bit confused of why there is 4 separate .dll files?

Jacobi.Vst.Core.dll
Jacobi.Vst.Framework.dll
Ob-x.dll
Ob-x.net.dll
Im using VST.NET framework. My c++ skills are bad. I am 100% sure i will need them, because c++ is native language.Working on it.

2DaT wrote:Actually sonicproject is the only ob-x vst.
There are a couple of Reaktor ensembles too, like http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=2866

2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural. So i build new synth with good oscillators and filters, but its very hungry compared to other vst.
For a newbie amateur this is a complete no go way to introduce yourself in the KVR forum ;)

UPDATED (19.02.2014):

KVR Community Patches Collection for OBXD (updates will follow):

UPDATE (19.02.2014):
I just added the current patches collection (published yesterday) to the database:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/obxd--- ... /downloads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

after a long time here is the next update of the patches collection for OBXD which includes a huge amount of new patches and many updates of eisting ones (currently 531 patches).

download link for the ZIP file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 0v1.10.zip

Most patches were either too loud or too quiet and i tried to correct the master volume of those patches. In Ableton Live 9 i tried to adjust the volume to around -3 to -4 dB with 3 notes for polyphonic sounds using 3 notes and the same volume for monophonic sounds. Additionally some patches were created with an old version of OBXD and i tried to correct some failure based on that (have not checked every patch).

This update includes patches of FMR (Fernando), Breeze, albertodream, Kujashi (aka Schiffbauer), Joel Bisson (aka syntheticillusion), Ingo Weidner (aka Ingonator), Fluffy Little Something, Layzer, Funkbots Evil Twin.

Besides additional content each sound designer has it's own folder that includes the corrected single patches (sometimes in a sub-folder called "Single Patches" and the original patches or banks in a new sub-folder called "Original"..

There is also a folder called "All single patches" which includes all corrected single patch files (531 at the moment).

Like in the last update one important folder is called "Sorted By Category" which includes several bank files with the corrected patches sorted by caregory and several sub-folders with the single patches for each category.

The "root" folder contains 6 files (all banks include the corrected pathes):
- OBXD Init bank.fxb : Init bank
- OBXD Init patch.fxp : Init/default patch
- Breeze_Meat-n-Potatoes_Obxd-Bank : Bank from Breeze with 128 patches
- OB-Xa Patch Book.fxb : Fernando's bank with 128 OB-Xa patches (sorted alphabetically opposing to the original bank)
- Kujashi-OBXD-Bank : Kujashi's full 128 patches bank
- OBXD - KVR Community Bank - Part 1.fxb : First part of remaining patches sorted into a bank
- OBXD - KVR Community Bank - Part 2.fxb : Second part of the remaining patches sorted into a bank

In the two "Community Bank" files the patches of each sound designer start with a default patch renamed with the name of teh sound designer (starting with "***").

Due to future updates the name of the ZIP file includes a version number (now v1.10).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some statistics:

Overall number of patches : 531

The categories and the number of patches (sorted by amount) are:
Bass : 62
Bells : 16
Brass : 61
Drums + Percussion : 34
Keys : 52
Leads : 77
Pads : 86
Plucked : 22
SFXs : 17
Strings : 30
Synths : 65
Vocalic : 9

Several patches that seem to be a mix of pad, polysynth and lead are located in the "Synths" category. Of cousre sorting into a category is not always a simple task so usually this represents the expected main use of the patches (while with others the categories are more obvious).

---------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE (20.02.2014):

Hi,

for those who don't need the single patch files and the originally submitted files here is a ZIP file that only contains the re-sorted and corrected bank files (+ the init patch files):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 20only.zip

Also added a copy here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/obxd--- ... /downloads

As already mentioned i got no Mac so could not check the patches there.

UPDATE:
Here is the same but only with the single patch files (omnly the corrected/re-sorted versions):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 20only.zip

This could be helpful for doing the AUpresets as the banks are not needed there.

Have fun,
Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:58 am, edited 11 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

edit

Numanoid wrote:
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural. So i build new synth with good oscillators and filters, but its very hungry compared to other vst.
For a newbie amateur this is a complete no go way to introduce yourself in the KVR forum ;)
Any advices? It was really bad,but only thing i need is live feedback. I cant do plugins only for myself. I need advices, tips, comments about sounds, gui , feature requestions. Maybe im wrong with such a presentation, its not a product, its indev pre-alpha version. I dont know where to write because dsp community isnt that big and this forum is the only place where i can get feedback.

2DaT wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Any advices? It was really bad,but only thing i need is live feedback. I cant do plugins only for myself. I need advices, tips, comments about sounds, gui , feature requestions. Maybe im wrong with such a presentation, its not a product, its indev pre-alpha version. I dont know where to write because dsp community isnt that big and this forum is the only place where i can get feedback.
you could check my first short test in my last post here.

Besides that there is a DSP forum here at KVR where also some well known developers like Urs seem to post:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

2DaT wrote:Any advices? It was really bad,but only thing i need is live feedback.
The best way to do it to get users here interested in your project is to:
-Inform about that you are working on OBX emulation
-Do not make too many comparisons with other products at this early stage in the development process, as that will lead to negative feedback
-State that this is a work in progress at the moment, and that you will appreciate feedback

Charlatan and Spire synthmakers have gone about it that way, and they have gotten a lot of feedback and followers here in the forum.

2DaT wrote: i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural.
Hmmm seems like he is just expressing his opinion. We all know that never happens around here...... :lol:
Numanoid wrote:For a newbie amateur this is a complete no go way to introduce yourself in the KVR forum ;)
Once again the self elected KVR Police Chief and self appointed spokesperson for the KVR forums chimes in........ :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”