Logic Pro X

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LawrenceF wrote: Anyway, back on topic. Logic X seems great. I've watched some YT's on it, one really long one in particular with a professional movie score guy, pretty cool indeed. Not that he was showing Logic X features, more that he's comfortable enough to do that kind of critical deadline work in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJBAD-Ru4c
Of course he is. Nothing substantial has changed. I've been saying that, as well as lots of others. Just a couple of add-ons, a cosmetic change in the skin (which actually, I think I would like) and that's it. Reportedly, even some ancient bugs are still there. How could he not be comfortable?
Fernando (FMR)

People doing critical work are often hesitant to use a new major X.0 for that work due to the possibility of it having introduced - new - bugs. That's why someone might not be all that comfortable very early on (without a good test period to evaluate all that) to start working on something like a film score that has a deadline with a X.0 release.

That's all I was getting at... I wasn't arguing about whether Logic has new code or anything else some other people are arguing about. :)

Thanks.

Then again, maybe he actually isn't doing that tbh, so maybe I assumed too much. Maybe that's just an import of a completed past project from Logic 9. :shrug:

Either way, interesting video.

Hi, not sure what's up here but why is Logic Pro X scanning audio units every time i start it? It says subsequent launches of Logic do not require the test??? This happens every launch though so i'm wondering what's up here this is a pain scanning every start up, any ideas? See picture, open image in new tab.

Rob

I don't get channel strip , plugin, etc preset saving in Logic X. It looks like that depending on what type of object your focused on the presets are only available for that object. For example I create an instrument track with a chain of effect inserts . I save it as a channel strip . Now I create a new instrument track. How do I search for my saved favourite effect chains and apply it to new tracks no matter if they are audio, instruments or aux tracks. I want to keep my current track instrument but apply a chain of effects to it. Can that be done ? What about simple plugin preset saving like in S1. All are viewable in the browser and any can be selected to a track. In Logic X one needs to be using that actual plugin first! Can someone point me to a preset management tutorial in Logic X . Although the library looks nice I don't think it's as friendly as S1 that I know. I like in S1 that anything and all are viewable and searchable and any preset can be just dropped on a track no matter what it is.

rob_lee wrote:Hi, not sure what's up here but why is Logic Pro X scanning audio units every time i start it? It says subsequent launches of Logic do not require the test??? This happens every launch though so i'm wondering what's up here this is a pain scanning every start up, any ideas? See picture, open image in new tab.

Rob
Hi Rob,

Do you have Automap installed? If yes, then you have choose the 64bit option in Automap window or it will scan them everytime.
All states of mind create themselves!

@Ruddy

Thanks mate will check. It must be the V-Station it's the only one i can remember that asks if i wanna use automap, ah what a pain i'll check it though thanks a lot :-)

Rob

It's just a checkbox so its painless enough. But you need to uncheck it again if you then use Logic 9 and want the 32bit plugs to work.

rob_lee wrote:Hi, not sure what's up here but why is Logic Pro X scanning audio units every time i start it? It says subsequent launches of Logic do not require the test??? This happens every launch though so i'm wondering what's up here this is a pain scanning every start up, any ideas? See picture, open image in new tab.

Rob
Hello Rob, I had this issue too,
Here's what phone support told me to do and it was solved:

Trash your audio unit cache: ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
Reboot in recovery mode: Command+R
Repair your permission with Disk Utility from there

Reboot, launch logic and let it scan your plugins.

*edit I got Automap too, but it's not related to that.

xanderevo wrote:

Rob
Hello Rob, I had this issue too,
Here's what phone support told me to do and it was solved:

Trash your audio unit cache: ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
Reboot in recovery mode: Command+R
Repair your permission with Disk Utility from there

Reboot, launch logic and let it scan your plugins.

*edit I got Automap too, but it's not related to that.
Thanks a lot mate i will try that in the morning.

Rob

Well it can be related to Automap. If fact it literally says in the Automap controller pane next to that checkbox that if you use 64bit plugs and don't check the box that it will scan the plugins every time.
So while it may very well be other issue, it may pay to check Automap first.

Hi there,

Just had to try it before bed. I deleted the AU cache and restarted Command+R then did the repair permissions and that was it no more scanning so thanks for the tips guys.
All good here now. Thanks and goodnight :-)

Rob

surferman wrote:It is really cool using the drums from the oceanway/drummaster groupbuy a few years ago with the new logic drummer. Spending hours just messing with this.
What's your workflow for doing this? Are you creating a track with the included Drummer sounds and then converting that track to midi and then moving the midi to another track that has the Ocean Way sampler on it?

Or is there a way to go directly from Drummer and have it play your samples?
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

skipkent wrote:
surferman wrote:It is really cool using the drums from the oceanway/drummaster groupbuy a few years ago with the new logic drummer. Spending hours just messing with this.
What's your workflow for doing this? Are you creating a track with the included Drummer sounds and then converting that track to midi and then moving the midi to another track that has the Ocean Way sampler on it?

Or is there a way to go directly from Drummer and have it play your samples?
I am creating a drummer track then change the drum kit designer to kontact player and load up the drums in infiniteplayer. I've chosen the GM versions of the multi kits and it works perfectly.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Maybe this has already been discussd here, but it does not seem to be possible to zoom horizontally in the arrangement window by dragging along the track header anymore. It's still described in the manual, but does currently not work for me: http://t.co/oPR0p8OnHI

Could anyone try this and report their findings here? I'd really appreciate it as I made use of this function in Logic Pro 9 all the time.

Take care, everyone!
Simon-Claudius

does anyone know if it's possible to re-arrange the aux tracks now in logic pro x?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”