Music Workstation DIY

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another revision.

Blue Phase Music

I haven't forgotten about this and I'm still planning on making it. I keep this page open so I can stare at my future desk.

I think this last revision is my final revision, unless I find a silent rack-mount computer case, in which case I'll change the lower-right cabinet to a rack.

But as it stands now, I love my Define R4 case, and this will do nicely. :)
Blue Phase Music

Kitty, aren't you worried about that lower left cabinet getting in the way? it looks like that corner will be right by where you'll be sitting.. and you won't be able to open the door if you're sitting there (or if there chair is there).

The angle of the table edge seems odd too.. just seems a little awkward to me..

Yes, it will be a minor inconvenience, but the only time I'll need to open that door is when I'm printing, and that's not very often.

The desktop is at a 45° angle, pointed straight back at the corner. I wish there was a way of NOT being in a corner, but that's just the way it is. I'll purchase some sound foam to help with my situation. I'd also like to get IK's ARC 2.
Blue Phase Music

I'm open to suggestions. :)
Blue Phase Music

As a temporary solution until it warms up, I'll be building these this weekend:

1x:

2x:
Blue Phase Music

Blue Phase Music

I've decided to go a little simpler with my desk. I was originally going to leave my vinyl cutter where it was (to the left of my desk), but I'm going to move it against the wall to the right of my desk next to our back door.

It gets me out of the corner just a little bit, and though I won't have as much rack space (which I don't really need), I'll have just as much storage.

It also has room for two PC monitors, which my other design didn't have.
Blue Phase Music

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”