Drum Sample Randomizer

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A favorite VSTi of mine is Oatmeal, because it has a 'random' button which you can click to get a completely unique sound to work with. I record with my keyboard and it all the time. I even play my drums through it sometimes and it got me wondering, has anyone heard of a sample randomizer? Something where you click a button and get a completely random kit of samples (taken maybe from the files in some specified folder)? Or swap out samples individually, drum by drum? Is this something that is even feasible with a VST? How about some other method?

Yeah I've seen stuff like that, mostly on Reaktor. I think there are one or two instruments that do exactly that. The guys who make S-layer I think make something that does that.

Not sure if Yamaha loopmash can do things like that.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

http://www.delamancha.co.uk/manic.htm

(probably not 100% what you're looking for from your description, but might still be interesting to you)

to_the_sun wrote: Or swap out samples individually, drum by drum?
Nerve

and/or

poise
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
Nerve

and/or

poise
I think he means swap them out randomly

Twisted tools was the company I was thinking of, but I'm not sure if it's the one that does what you want.

I would go to NI reaktor forum and look at the samplers. But of course you need reaktor. But I know there are a few that do this,

Delamancha does one and I thought of that but I think he closed for business.

I forgot about his free one though
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote:
Nerve

and/or

poise
I think he means swap them out randomly

Twisted tools was the company I was thinking of, but I'm not sure if it's the one that does what you want.

I would go to NI reaktor forum and look at the samplers. But of course you need reaktor. But I know there are a few that do this,

Delamancha does one and I thought of that but I think he closed for business.

I forgot about his free one though
Yes, Twisted Tools would be amongst my 'go-to' toys for this (hands-free) "random" action, also. Though there are (seemingly) infinite options available with Reaktor, which as you stated, he would need. Of course everyone does!!! (IMHO) ;)

I didn't know Delamancha had moved-on until just recently. Brilliant guy! Hope he is doing well.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”