Cubase 6.5 can't unfreeze tracks

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I have a project in Cubase 6.5.5 with some frozen tracks to save RAM.
Now every time I'm trying to unfreeze a track containing a Kontakt 4 instrument, Cubase stops responding. Any of you guys have seen that happening?
Other tracks seem to unfreeze fine.

Thanks!

cured by itself, hmmm.... was struggling for half a day, weird
Guess i have to upgrade to Kontakt 5, unless 6 is around the corner

b7uzer wrote:cured by itself, hmmm.... was struggling for half a day, weird
Guess i have to upgrade to Kontakt 5, unless 6 is around the corner
Technology! Wonderful stuff....WHEN it works :hihi:

The upgrade will depend on whether or not you need the features of Kontakt 5.

I upgraded because I bought some 3rd party instruments that required 5 and while I'm not sorry I did the upgrade there was really no other reason to (for me). But then I don't get into Kontakt as deep as some do.

If you are programming Kontakt then you may should consider it. One thing I noticed with the upgrade is more instances in a project and it seems to have less hit on CPU. Just my take on it though, nothing tested.

Happy musiking!
dsan

Kontakt 4 takes a looooooooooong time to open the GUI (the first time it loads) on Cubase 6.5.5 here.

Was wondering if that could be what's happening when you unfreeze? (I don't tend to freeze Kontakt, mostly high-cpu synths, but I can do some testing here).

Has anyone noticed opening times being better in Kontakt 5 or 6?

I disabled QuickLoad libraries in Kontakt 4 but it didn't make any difference to the initial GUI opening times.

fandango wrote:
Has anyone noticed opening times being better in Kontakt 5 or 6?
Kontakt 6 :?:

To me it seems 5 opens faster, yes. But again, haven't done any tests to confirm.

Happy Musiking!
dsan

Haha, I saw the 6 in your post and assumed it existed. That'll teach me to read posts properly. :hihi: (I'm kinda out of the loop on Kontakt, it does what I want and haven't needed anything new from it)

I may try the Kontakt 5 demo and see how it compares. :)

1:1 exchanging wouldn't work. Meaning: don't install Kontakt 5 and expect it to replace Kontakt 4 including presets.

Cubase doesn't respond since the ID is locked to each corresponding Kontakt version (ie. Kontakt 2, Kontakt 3, Kontakt 4 instead of just "Kontakt").

That means, you either need to save the Kontakt Multi and Reload in a higher version, or keep both versions installed.

Big turnoff on Mac and Logic, same with Cubase.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

dsan@mail.com wrote:
Technology! Wonderful stuff....WHEN it works :hihi:
Very true :) !

Thanks guys for all advices.
Also true that Kontakt 4 GUI takes a long time to load.

So even if I upgrade to Kontakt 5 it wont be backwards compatible with old projects, thanks for that, I somehow didn't think about it.

Cheers!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”