.wav to .sf2 converter

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's no problem finding a way to convert sound fonts to other formats, but I have the sample player that comes with Cakewalk Home Studio XP and it only accepts sound fonts. Anybody know how to convert .wav files or other common files to .sf2 format?

PC/Windows? Guess so.

Try AWave Studio if you must have soundfonts.

If Cakewalk takes VSTi plugins, get sfz and you can use any text editor to describe how to use a bunch of wavs - or just load one wav directly. Or ogg files.

Thanks a lot. I'll probably try sf.
pljones wrote:PC/Windows? Guess so.

Try AWave Studio if you must have soundfonts.

If Cakewalk takes VSTi plugins, get sfz and you can use any text editor to describe how to use a bunch of wavs - or just load one wav directly. Or ogg files.

Try the Industry standard FreeWare package:

Vienna SoundFont

http://www.soundfont.com/downloads.html

This allows you complete control over how the wave files are mapped to velocity/keyboard.
I don't think it will take pre-mapped waves direct but easily does single waves, one at a time. This may be different as i have not used it for a while.
Anonymity has it's benefits
VirusTIKB,Korg M50,Roland SH-201,RM1x,05R/W,ZeroSL,Sylenth,CubaseS4, GroveAgent3,Ableton Live8,Launchpad

There used to be issues with Vienna not installing if you didn't have a creative labs sound card. If you get a dumb error message when installing, that's the problem.

I wonder if any L337 h4x0r$ have frigged up a workaround?

hmmmmmmm..........

can't help with that but if you want some pointers for awave, drop me a pm.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Slightly OT, but has anyone had a go at the sfz format? Any experience to relate back?

I only briefly checked out the spec for the format, but I'd like to hear if it has been relatively easy to work with.

Cheers,
Steve

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”