Which plugins add unwanted watermarks to audio?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

guys tunes are sound weird sinse yesterday HALP

It's

Igro wrote:How about the phase cancellation test?
Isn't it what I've done ?
Summing the waveform with its inversion in Audacity ? (just to confirm that I did the right thing for my test)

cosmosis wrote:guys tunes are sound weird sinse yesterday HALP

Lol! That's less of a watermark and more of a neon sign :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sorry for bumping this thread once again but I think it's better than creating a new one.

I just can't see how that is possible these watermarks will be recognizable when it's in CDs or at Youtube?

Maybe it should be possible on some classical or neo-classical works but I can't see how that is attainable in a typical crowded electronic music which is often at the attention of this kind of hunt.

And considering these watermarks will happen consistently at same frequencies can't you just EQ them?

Then again all the frequencies clashing with each other shouldn't practically vaporize that marks? Perhaps a recognition for just a second is enough for validation?

And should i be more picky against watermarked software or sample libraries? Sample libraries as in Pianos not TOP EDM Produce Libraries.

mewthree wrote:I just can't see how that is possible these watermarks will be recognizable when it's in CDs or at Youtube?
it isn't. the watermark is in the original sample-library not in the tracks. it's there to protect the original sample-library (if somebody share the sample-library you can track it back to the buyer / obviously original owner).. ..thats all.

the problen is another: since no pirate pay with his real credit-card but use stolen credit-cards innocent people are charged. therefore the whole watermark system is pretty useless in reality.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thank you for your clarification. I've got the concept totally wrong I guess.

murnau wrote: the problen is another: since no pirate pay with his real credit-card but use stolen credit-cards innocent people are charged. therefore the whole watermark system is pretty useless in reality.
Do you really think all pirates use stolen cards? I'm not so sure. Someone told me they just picked up Live 9 Suite on Ebay for £30 ... they paid via Paypal. I told him he's an idiot ( he thinks its a legit copy) and doubted it would work (or even turn up). There's no helping some people :shrug:

Sorry if this one was mentioned already...I didn't read all 12 pages on here

http://www.outputsounds.com/rev/

thecontrolcentre wrote:
murnau wrote: the problen is another: since no pirate pay with his real credit-card but use stolen credit-cards innocent people are charged. therefore the whole watermark system is pretty useless in reality.
Do you really think all pirates use stolen cards? I'm not so sure. Someone told me they just picked up Live 9 Suite on Ebay for £30 ... they paid via Paypal. I told him he's an idiot ( he thinks its a legit copy) and doubted it would work (or even turn up). There's no helping some people :shrug:
sorry i dont understand your post as the thread is about watermarks not about fishy warez sales on ebay.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Instruments”