What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Waldorf Largo goes 64 Bit in Summer 2013

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Igro
KVRAF

3645 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:11 am

V0RT3X wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Igro wrote:I would really like if they updated Largo GUI to something like their new product NAVE. C'mon Waldorf, please do this.

Very likely won't happen.

I hope it doesn't because I like the layout of largo as it is.

The layout is nice, but I'm talking about the colors.
petervh
KVRist

41 posts since 9 Jun, 2005

Postby petervh; Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:59 pm

bump; this is taking awhile.

also largo has trouble remembering which patch was used, in some hosts only loads 'Atmorph T' (a nice sound at least) in place of the desired patch.

it's pretty annoying.
Igro
KVRAF

Postby Igro; Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:29 pm

BTW, the summer is over...Please change the topic header to 2014!
pinkpanther
KVRist

148 posts since 30 Jun, 2013

Postby pinkpanther; Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:50 pm

Breaking news! Largo 64 Bit to be bundled with Bitwig Studio :hihi:
fisherKing
KVRian

1063 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:14 pm

pinkpanther wrote:Breaking news! Largo 64 Bit to be bundled with Bitwig Studio :hihi:

and same day as the release of sylenth2! :D
Ingonator
KVRAF

7867 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:16 am

Waldorf is currently working on finishing the Pulse 2 which should be released during the upcoming months.

Besides that they relesed additional Blofeld soundsets and also a new update (v1.0.3) for the Lector vocoder:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/lectordownloads.html

This was published at the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

That update seems to fix problems with Cubase 7 and Logic X.

At the facebook page you could also see that Holger Steinbrink is working on the manual for the Pulse 2.

So you could see that something is happening at Waldorf and other updates just seem to be a question of time...

Ingo
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Reaper / Studio One 2.6 / Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + Tone 2 plugins + others
HcDoom
KVRist

377 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Postby HcDoom; Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:37 am

I really don't care about other Waldorf products. I want Largo in 64bit, but as it is now, it looks like humans will develop warp drive faster than Waldorf making Largo 64bit.
Aural Chaos
KVRian

1008 posts since 31 Oct, 2002, from the high desert

Postby Aural Chaos; Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:31 am

Igro wrote:BTW, the summer is over...Please change the topic header to 2014!

Look at a calendar, there are still 3 weeks left of Summer...
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:48 am

HcDoom wrote:I really don't care about other Waldorf products. I want Largo in 64bit, but as it is now, it looks like humans will develop warp drive faster than Waldorf making Largo 64bit.

At the Facebook page Waldorf had posted (written in german) that a Largo update is planned for end of 2013.

As i just posted today they are currently working on releasing the Pulse 2 and they recently (around 2 weeks ago) released an update for Lector (which fixes problems with Cubase 7 and Logic X).

Ingo
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Reaper / Studio One 2.6 / Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + Tone 2 plugins + others
Igro
KVRAF

Postby Igro; Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:00 am

Aural Chaos wrote:
Igro wrote:BTW, the summer is over...Please change the topic header to 2014!

Look at a calendar, there are still 3 weeks left of Summer...

You're right, so update will be in three weeks...
PietW.
KVRian

636 posts since 6 May, 2010, from Munich, Germany

Postby PietW.; Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:11 am

Ingonator wrote:
HcDoom wrote:I really don't care about other Waldorf products. I want Largo in 64bit, but as it is now, it looks like humans will develop warp drive faster than Waldorf making Largo 64bit.

At the Facebook page Waldorf had posted (written in german) that a Largo update is planned for end of 2013.

As i just posted today they are currently working on releasing the Pulse 2 and they recently (around 2 weeks ago) released an update for Lector (which fixes problems with Cubase 7 and Logic X).

Ingo

Do you have information about NAVE as a VST plugin?

cheers
Piet
EvilDragon
KVRAF

9793 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 am

Nobody has that info apart from Waldorf. My guess: they're not working on it. Pulse 2 and Largo/PPG V.3 updates take precedence.
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:22 am

PietW. wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Ingo

Do you have information about NAVE as a VST plugin?

cheers
Piet

No informations yet. I got no iPad or iPhone so i could not even use it.

With Wolfram Franke having left Waldorf and one or two new developers hired (e.g. french engineer Frederic Meslin for Pulse 2 software/firmware development) Waldorf slowly seems to go back to normal. Currently the main part of deveopment seems to be done by Frederic and Stefan Stenzel (who also did the hardware part of the Pulse 2 including the filter etc.).

I am quite sure that after releasing the Pulse 2 they will focus more on the software updates and they already released an update for Lector around two weeks ago.

EvilDragon wrote:Nobody has that info apart from Waldorf. My guess: they're not working on it. Pulse 2 and Largo/PPG V.3 updates take precedence.

Based on my informations that should be true, especially the part about the Pulse 2.
Like i already mentioned Waldorf is planning a Largo update for end of this year which was posted at their Facebook page.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PietW.
KVRian

636 posts since 6 May, 2010, from Munich, Germany

Postby PietW.; Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:24 am

Work is in progress. Believe me. :D :D :D :D :D
Everglide
KVRist

84 posts since 5 Mar, 2013

Postby Everglide; Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:26 am

Australian Summer?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)