UVI Mello Free via Facebook...fail

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mello UVI Workstation

Numanoid wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:I mentioned it because I was not aware PACE was needed. It is not mentioned on UVI workstation download page. I doubt I am alone in this.
I believe it is quite CLEARLY stated on UVI page that iLok is needed to run the library. And logically that lock "service" also needs some sort of installing right?!

Complaining about Pace being installed with UVI, is like if you were installing Komplete Free version and then getting paranoid and quitting that when it starts installing the NI service center :roll:

This thread is just pure balony by the way, I believe 3-4 posts are about the actual library, the rest is either complaints about iLok, Facebook or Twitter

If you can't handle iLok, Facebook or Twitter, then why do users posts :help:
No complaint from me. Just observation. And it has nothing to do with what people can "handle". Why are you posting in this thread just to whinge about others anyway?

Please point out where on the download page needing PACE/ilok is CLEARLY mentioned. I dont see it.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do you call this post whining?:
Numanoid wrote:
donato wrote:WOW. Glad I saw this thread. I didn't see any advertisements. Anyway, BEST...FREEBIE...EVER! It's a 1.11 GB download, when you open it, it has 12 loaded files with 3 presets each. So a total of 36 presets. Excellent quality and tweakable parameters.
Yes, you get:
-Flutes & Oboe
-Strings
-Choirs
-Church Organs
-Guitars
-Cellos & Violas
-Brass, Clarinet, Sax
-Vibes & Celesta, Choir
-Piano, Harp, Strings
-Guitar, Piano, Vibra
-Space Choirs
-Alternative

And as it is easy to build and blend multipatches, these blocks can create lots of sounds.
But I guess you missed that post among all the whining about UVI, Pace, iLok, Twitter or Facebook :help:

See the post above yours ...

After liking Mello, before downloading, this info I get:
First of all, make sure you have an iLok key (see our FREE iLok offer > http://bit.ly/uvi-freeilok) to hold and protect your software licenses, and create a free iLok account (www.ilok.com)

Now you're ready to go!

1. Copy the serial number below to your clipboard
2. Go to www.uvi.net and create an account (if you don't have one)
3. Go to www.uvi.net/register
Paste your serial number and enter your iLok user ID

DONE! Now go grab your FREE download of Mello : Account Menu > Downloads
It's pretty clear that iLok is needed no?

Numanoid wrote:After liking Mello, before downloading, this info I get:
First of all, make sure you have an iLok key (see our FREE iLok offer > http://bit.ly/uvi-freeilok) to hold and protect your software licenses, and create a free iLok account (www.ilok.com)

Now you're ready to go!

1. Copy the serial number below to your clipboard
2. Go to www.uvi.net and create an account (if you don't have one)
3. Go to www.uvi.net/register
Paste your serial number and enter your iLok user ID

DONE! Now go grab your FREE download of Mello : Account Menu > Downloads
It's pretty clear that iLok is needed no?
You didnt read my post
I was talking about uvi workstation NOT mello. And I wasnt talkong abouy facebook either.

Numanoid wrote: If you can't handle iLok, Facebook or Twitter, then why do users posts :help:
If you can't handle what other users write why do you bother to post ? Playing self appointed guardian of KVR again ? :roll:
Numanoid wrote:Also seeing that UVI is giving away free iLoks at the moment
No, they are giving away store credit equivalent to what you paid for an iLok.....not the same but a nice gesture anyway. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Re: moaning about facebook promotions.

First of all, if it's something you hate, then it's obviously something you've encountered various times. Interesting then that you still haven't figured out the simple solution {as opposed to wasting so many keystrokes complaining about it}

Solution: Sign up to Facebook using a pseudonym, like 'Compyfox', only even more anonymous and random - a pseudonym you've never ever ever used before!... just in case the NSA can triangulate your thoughts by cross referencing 'Compyfox' with their mega PRISM tools. Any details Facebook insists you fill in while signing up: use fake details.

Now, take part in the promotions and STFU. Only ever use this promo account for taking part in promos, not declaring your political beliefs.

Problem solved.

Alternatively, keep complaining. They'll Never listen. Social media is used for these promos to promote their brand. Naturally, running the promo on their website would be simpler and more straightforward for you... but they want some real estate on your news feed. The news feed you'll never need to view because you only ever use this Facebook Promo Account for downloading free shit. You can even UNlike the page after you've got the goodies, if you like.

No good deed goes unpunished @ KVR

Thanks UVI - downloading :D

ChiTown24 wrote:Re: moaning about facebook promotions.

First of all, if it's something you hate, then it's obviously something you've encountered various times. Interesting then that you still haven't figured out the simple solution {as opposed to wasting so many keystrokes complaining about it}

Solution: Sign up to Facebook using a pseudonym, like 'Compyfox', only even more anonymous and random - a pseudonym you've never ever ever used before!... just in case the NSA can triangulate your thoughts by cross referencing 'Compyfox' with their mega PRISM tools. Any details Facebook insists you fill in while signing up: use fake details.

Now, take part in the promotions and STFU. Only ever use this promo account for taking part in promos, not declaring your political beliefs.

Problem solved.

Alternatively, keep complaining. They'll Never listen. Social media is used for these promos to promote their brand. Naturally, running the promo on their website would be simpler and more straightforward for you... but they want some real estate on your news feed. The news feed you'll never need to view because you only ever use this Facebook Promo Account for downloading free shit. You can even UNlike the page after you've got the goodies, if you like.

No good deed goes unpunished @ KVR

Thanks UVI - downloading :D
:band2:

:clap:

@ChiTown24 - well said.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I was talking about uvi workstation NOT mello. And I wasnt talkong abouy facebook either.
As you once told me, I ask you now to stop your trolling.

Open up a separate thread about it, if you can't handle it.

It's not just UVI who does this by the way.

If you download the free Komplete Players, you need to install the NI Service Center with drivers and have to activate that software online.

Teksonik wrote:Dongle and the iLok manager virus required for a freebie....kiss my ass...... :roll:
If you can't handle that other users enjoy this software why do you bother to post ? Playing self appointed moaner of KVR again ? :roll:

Re: moaning about facebook promotions.

Solution: Ignore the post. It was meant as feedback for the company, not for you.

Problem solved.

Alternatively, keep complaining.

No good deed goes unpunished. Period.

Compyfox wrote:Don't have anything against iLok.

But I have SERIOUS ISSUES with the FaceCrook and Twatter Following to lure people into giving away their data.

Why can't these clowns do it like the old way? Homepage, sign up for Mailing List - get the link. Done!
I'm kind of with your grumpiness on this one. However...
ChiTown24 wrote:
Solution: Sign up to Facebook using a pseudonym, like 'Compyfox'

This is what I did...exactly for these kinds of promo download purposes...but I guess I logged in using a different laptop at one point, and my account is now locked as a "security measure". :D And I can't remember the fake birthday I gave them to unlock it. :D

I actually "deleted" my actual FB account (as we all know, you can never actually do that, or actually leave...) because I got fed with the privacy - and frankly - the share-everything-with-everyone mindset.

That said, I'm not that much of a Mellotron fan anyway...so I think I'll give this one a pass. BUT I wish UVI does this more in the future! :)

[quote="Vertti"]I heard about Mello first time in this thread. I already have SampleTron but it's still stupid 32bit so I've been looking alternative to it. This seems like a perfect replacement! Thanks xalama go!

I truly love mellotron sounds mostly because I love progressive rock so much. Bands like Genesis and King Crimson really showed what it's cabable for. I think I have to post a song from youtube to show why mellotron is so important for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zume7gCo3_4[/quote]

Vertti, You're Great... My favourite band of all times with Gentle Giant!!! :love:

But not just Prog Rock.

One of the things that made OMD's Architecture and Morality so good is that they used the Mellotron a lot.

In hindsight it has given that synth-pop album a more timeless shine than other albums from that same era.

Return to “Instruments”