RealiVox : The Ladies (K5 Pop Choir Lib) ( Wow ! )

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it is true it sound really nice... 8)
but the price...!!! :uhuhuh:
Take Time before He does so...

This vocal library sounds very good. Maybe one day we'll get a bit bored of the same voices again and again when this library is going to be very popular ;-)
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

I was searching for "how to's" on creating my own simple oohs and ahhs backing sample sets in Kontakt. Nothing fancy- just stuff for rock and pop tunes. Then I found The Ladies, and heard the demos... Sold + I'm downloading it now.

Can't wait for the male version to be released. Hopefully the intro price will be kind for those of us who bought The Ladies.

Cheers.

Imyself wrote:it is true it sound really nice... 8)
The price is ok when you consider it is a 7GB sample library, plus the expense of hiring the vocalists, studio to record them and the use of top end mics(probably) plus the developer has licensed NI's Kontakt Player which is not cheap, believe me. It costs a fortune to license NI's Kontakt Player, plus I think the dev gets charged for every serial number supplied by NI.
It sounds and looks like a really good, useful product.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

there's a couple of demos that don't hit the legato quite right. i assume the demos are just played in using a keyboard?

other than that, sounds really convincing. won't be my top priority, but hopefully i can justify investing into this in the future. too bad the price will have gone up at that point :(

I typed a VERY LONG post about comparing this product with the current competition, but I just decided to revive this one as there are certain unclear things that can affect which product I will end up with, as I've narrowed down a solo-singer library to a few different products, out of which The Ladies is the most expensive.

I'm going to have to bring up what I posted one year ago above there, judging from the audio demos, some of the more open articulations seem to have problems with a realistic legato at times, taking away from the realism. Two Q's:

I know this library has been made as easy to use as possible and I really like that, but if something doesn't sound quite right, are there any possibilities to tweak how the legatos are made? I'm the type that uses a lot of time to make 'the smallest things' sound realistic so it's not a problem if every legato doesn't sound real, but I want to be able to manipulate them somehow when they don't exactly get there out of the box, should that happen.

Second; Mike, I wonder if the legatos are in any way addressed in the major update you mentioned in the other thread, coming in a month or so? Can you elaborate what you guys are working on to fix?

Website is bung.

updog wrote:I typed a VERY LONG post about comparing this product with the current competition, but I just decided to revive this one as there are certain unclear things that can affect which product I will end up with, as I've narrowed down a solo-singer library to a few different products, out of which The Ladies is the most expensive.

I'm going to have to bring up what I posted one year ago above there, judging from the audio demos, some of the more open articulations seem to have problems with a realistic legato at times, taking away from the realism. Two Q's:

I know this library has been made as easy to use as possible and I really like that, but if something doesn't sound quite right, are there any possibilities to tweak how the legatos are made? I'm the type that uses a lot of time to make 'the smallest things' sound realistic so it's not a problem if every legato doesn't sound real, but I want to be able to manipulate them somehow when they don't exactly get there out of the box, should that happen.

Second; Mike, I wonder if the legatos are in any way addressed in the major update you mentioned in the other thread, coming in a month or so? Can you elaborate what you guys are working on to fix?
At the risk of sounding like marketing hype, the legato is one of the things people respond most favorably about with Realivox. I'm wondering which demos sound problematic to you?

As far as tweaking goes, we don't have any legato adjustment knobs or anything like that. You could always go into the editor and tweak on your own, of course, but we were really careful in the editing, so I'm not sure you'd see much improvement.

In the upcoming update, we do include a speed knob for the "La la" legato, but that's different. In fact, the coming update isn't about "fixes," it's about new features. Honestly, we don't get bug reports, so there aren't really any fixes to make. Like I said, we were really careful in our editing before we released Realivox. I dare say we were much more meticulous than most companies are.

But it's hard to just take my word for it, right? The only way you can really know if you'll like Realivox is to try it for yourself. So I'll make you the same offer I made a few months ago during a special promotion. Buy Realivox and try it for at least 7 days. If it doesn't do what you want, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days. Simple as that. 8)

metamorphosis wrote:Website is bung.
Yikes, you're right! This thread is over a year old, so that link that the OP gave is a dead one from before our website overhaul.

I revived the dead link to be a simple page with a link to the correct page. You can eliminate that middle step, though, and just click here:
http://realitone.com/realivox

Mike Greene wrote:At the risk of sounding like marketing hype, the legato is one of the things people respond most favorably about with Realivox. I'm wondering which demos sound problematic to you?

As far as tweaking goes, we don't have any legato adjustment knobs or anything like that. You could always go into the editor and tweak on your own, of course, but we were really careful in the editing, so I'm not sure you'd see much improvement.

In the upcoming update, we do include a speed knob for the "La la" legato, but that's different. In fact, the coming update isn't about "fixes," it's about new features. Honestly, we don't get bug reports, so there aren't really any fixes to make. Like I said, we were really careful in our editing before we released Realivox. I dare say we were much more meticulous than most companies are.

But it's hard to just take my word for it, right? The only way you can really know if you'll like Realivox is to try it for yourself. So I'll make you the same offer I made a few months ago during a special promotion. Buy Realivox and try it for at least 7 days. If it doesn't do what you want, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days. Simple as that. 8)
Well, for example, to me Teresa (which is one of the reasons I'd like this library) sometimes sounds a little like the sample just starts playing abruptly instead of sounding the full expected legato first. It's subtle, but sometimes takes away from the realism. Might as well be that I just think I'm hearing that at this point, as I've spent hours comparing these demos to some of the competition... :lol:

Thanks for the generous offer! It's saying a lot that you still have that same confidence towards the product as you did before.

Well, I bit the bullet! Downloading now, pretty pumped...

The reason I ended up with this library instead of the competition is, well, this can do pretty much anything I can imagine wanting (except from the personal touch a real solo vocalist could do of course) so in that sense it's much more futureproof for me. Have a slight buyer's remorse while it's downloading as it's twice as much as I was planning to spend, but I have a feeling it will immediately pass as I'll load the voices up in Kontakt. :)

Some sampling foundries offer two versions of a library, one for the full Kontakt and one for the player, which is a little bit more expensive. Maybe thats a way to go for the sample guys?

synthmagic wrote:
Imyself wrote:it is true it sound really nice... 8)
The price is ok when you consider it is a 7GB sample library, plus the expense of hiring the vocalists, studio to record them and the use of top end mics(probably) plus the developer has licensed NI's Kontakt Player which is not cheap, believe me. It costs a fortune to license NI's Kontakt Player, plus I think the dev gets charged for every serial number supplied by NI.
It sounds and looks like a really good, useful product.

I have to say I agree with Imyslef. Not that I doubt it's a good product -- the demos sound excellent and the reviews have generally been quite good. Several times I've wavered, and almost pulled the trigger, but even when it's reduced by $100 to $299, it is quite expensive for me. Even assuming it's worth every penny, I just don't have that many pennies for what for me would be only a niche library.

Synthmagic, you have a point, but ultimately the price someone will pay is based on the perceived benefit, not the developer's production costs.

I was wondering whether the developer might consider a modular approach like the one offered by Bela D Media

http://www.beladmedia.com/le-program/

whereby he slices an instrument up into elements which can be bought individually. So here, each of the Ladies could be sold individually. I for one would be much more likely to buy in that case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

I've now had "The Ladies" for over a few months and I have to say - it has to be THE BEST vocal tool I own for pop, rock, ballad and anything else where I want background singers to add depth and breadth to my productions.

It's easy to use, has plenty of variation and sounds incredible.

I have had zero problems with The Ladies with a minimal of editing to make sure everything sounds smooth and machine-gun free.

Mike has done a fantastic job and I have no problems recommending this library to anyone - hobbyist and pro alike.

I own almost every Yamaha Vocaloid product (the non-japanese ones) and Virsyn Cantor and I can safely tell you that I would NEVER use any of them over The Ladies. Mike's product simply sounds better - especially when you start layering different singers. I LOVE the fact that I can create a pseudo-choir by just using most of the singers in The Ladies with creative touches (like moving one lady just a microsecond before or after another to add that BIG sound).

Buy this product - seriously - it's that good!

Mike

^^ I fully agree ! Can't wait for "the men" and for "the ladies the sequel" ! :P

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”