Bitwig Studio 5

dsan@mail.com wrote:Woke up a bit confused did ya? :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
It was a bit of a looooonnng night... :wink:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

hibidy wrote:
wasi wrote:I feel so dirty now. Like, really, it just kind of happened. I don't know. I was there, Ableton was there. Like, we barely said hi for like most of the evening but then like suddenly I'm upgrading and all, and I look and, like, ohmygod, it's Live 9, and my heart is saying, "no, no, wait for Bitwig!", but my mind is saying, "who cares, it's here, it's cheap and Bitwig will never know." What shall I do. When Bitwig comes out and I start making music there I'll be, like, this should be my first time, really. These should be our modulations. Our clips. This should have been it. But I ruined it forever. :cry:

Still waiting, Bitwig.
though I'd NEVER share my drivel scriblings here, I've made SO MUCH MUSIC in live since november of last year. Bitwig can never make up for that.
I thought you had it longer than that? I've had it for years (not many but several) and my feeling is that ever since m4L it's been in stagnation as far as the core experience goes. The racks, the 'anything anywhere', it's not been advanced one bit. Midi is a clumsy nightmare, everything moderately interesting they just point at m4L. OSC? Try making a m4L device. Complex midi routing? Try a m4L device. More Macro controllers? Try a m4L device. Less macro controllers? Same.

The only thing they tried for the UX with 9 is the browser, and they did a terrible job (I like the idea, it's the implementation that is awful). Instead, they paid some (admittedly great) third party devs to make/fix a few things for them. And that is the only thing worth your money in Live 9 over 8: Glue, the new EQ8, audio2midi. None of that is from Ableton. It just gives me this weird vibe about where they can take this DAW.

I have other tools that do the 'anything goes' paradigm far more user friendly and with less overhead than m4L. What I need is a sleek and fast DAW where I can run this stuff. I'm not seeing that in Live at the moent and I'm not seeing a company interested in taking it there in Ableton right now. Instead, they're throwing in packs and samples like there's no tomorrow and trying to suck in more and more first timers.

But we'll see. :shrug:

Everyone is different. What I like best about live is it basically works. All of my crashes have been due to plugs that don't work, but 99% do. It gets 2-6 hours of work every day. 8, 9, tons of built in stuff. Mostly I work with the session view. For my paltry needs having a few scenes that I can trigger with my launchpad is very good.

M4L? It's not even installed :hihi:

hibidy wrote:Everyone is different. What I like best about live is it basically works. All of my crashes have been due to plugs that don't work, but 99% do. It gets 2-6 hours of work every day. 8, 9, tons of built in stuff. Mostly I work with the session view. For my paltry needs having a few scenes that I can trigger with my launchpad is very good.

M4L? It's not even installed :hihi:
I love Live's concept, session view, the racks, the modularity.I can't be without it. It just seems obvious to me they're not developing that any further, instead working on expanding the DAW aspects. The racks, the instruments, the looper. None of that was touched for 9 and it doesn't look like it ever will. Even the insturments. AAS is established and their products are doing fine on their own in a moderately high price segment. They'd be silly to ever upgrade the 'native' Live devices unless they see some serious cash from it.

'Amp' on the other hand for example is still just plain crummy. How they can leave that abomination untouched for a new version is beyond me. No pride, it seems. No, it's not useless, but it's still crap.

But at $125 I have no reason not to upgrade. Live 9 is the better Live 8, no doubt.

t3toooo wrote:i stand by that,bitwig will be released on the second of september and if not i'll spam kvr with cat pics like never seen before.

though,it won't come to that point.
*cough cough*

wasi wrote:I feel so dirty now. Like, really, it just kind of happened. I don't know. I was there, Ableton was there. Like, we barely said hi for like most of the evening but then like suddenly I'm upgrading and all, and I look and, like, ohmygod, it's Live 9, and my heart is saying, "no, no, wait for Bitwig!", but my mind is saying, "who cares, it's here, it's cheap and Bitwig will never know." What shall I do.
As long as you don't finish in Live you should be fine. Also, don't arrange any climaxes in Live, leave that for Studio.

dalor wrote:
t3toooo wrote:i stand by that,bitwig will be released on the second of september and if not i'll spam kvr with cat pics like never seen before.

*cough cough*
Ahem....
Barry

trimph1 wrote:
dalor wrote:

*cough cough*
Ahem....
he meant 2014, I'm sure.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

trimph1 wrote:
dalor wrote:
t3toooo wrote:-----------------------------
*cough cough*
Ahem....

do you have a cold? :x

you owe us catpix.
at least 3 seperate threads per forum...

remedy wrote:
wasi wrote:I feel so dirty now. Like, really, it just kind of happened. I don't know. I was there, Ableton was there. Like, we barely said hi for like most of the evening but then like suddenly I'm upgrading and all, and I look and, like, ohmygod, it's Live 9, and my heart is saying, "no, no, wait for Bitwig!", but my mind is saying, "who cares, it's here, it's cheap and Bitwig will never know." What shall I do.
As long as you don't finish in Live you should be fine. Also, don't arrange any climaxes in Live, leave that for Studio.
Yeah, dunno. Harrison was all like, "feel free to finish in Mixbus!", but I'm thinking, you know, without midi?! I mean, is that safe?

SJ_Digriz wrote:
trimph1 wrote:
dalor wrote:

*cough cough*
Ahem....
he meant 2014, I'm sure.
I'm sure he meant 2013, but,yeah, give it a few...he may be right. You never know. :wink: :wink:
Barry

trimph1 wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
trimph1 wrote:
dalor wrote:

*cough cough*
Ahem....
he meant 2014, I'm sure.
I'm sure he meant 2013, but,yeah, give it a few...he may be right. You never know. :wink: :wink:
2013 - in another alternate dimension, yes. Damn we're stuck here.

Or maybe they have devised a time machine that can envelop the entire planet.. and they continue to cycle us back to 2013, while somehow keeping progress of their software intact during jumps in time ala groundhog day, until their software is fully complete.

Tin foil hats in 3.. 2.. 1.. now. :wheee:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”