Rewire Question

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to achieve using some ableton effects on a VST in my host application (Studio One). I assume this is not possible therefore I am wondering if ableton has the option of using external VST plugins while in slave mode?

Thanks!

It seems you can't use the vst plugins in live while in slave mode. I tried Live lite 8 with Studio one and only the native plugins of Live are available. It says "Unfortunately, plug-ins are deactivated when running Live as a ReWire slave".
By the way, it is the same for "Reaper" as Re-wire slave, so it seems the way Re-wire works!

Rewire only works one way afaik: MIDI into the slave app, audio out from it. And yeah no VST's in the slave app. Reaper has a set of drivers called ReaRoute however that can pipe audio into a rewire slave, if you ever want to try that. It feels a little inelegant to me and it may introduce a little latency. Having puzzled over this kind of thing myself, I've gotten used to just bouncing things back and forth between DAWs, i.e. render your track, process in Ableton, render, finish in S1.

Thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate it!

I wonder if ReWire will ever have this functionality :hihi:

Dunno, but I sure hope so. I'd love to be able to work in Ableton and use Reason as a guitar rack at the same time.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”