Ableton Live - does it ever go sale?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, just wonder, does Ableton Live ever goes on sale? friend of mine currently owns Live Suite ver 8 and would like to upgrade to 9. I have managed to snap it for $199 (pre order/pre release option), but current price is $299...

They usually do a sale once or twice a year, but 30% off is about as much as has ever happened IIRC. The best deals are usually for people still getting into Live though, i.e. Live Lite and regular users. Suite owners don't usually get much, the reasoning being that you're already Ableton's b*tch anyway. :D

There was the launch sale for Suite 8 owners to upgrade to 9 Suite that lasted a week. I don't think that will be back too quick. If you have 8 Suite it's worth considering only buying Live 9, as all you miss are some live packs and m4L (Live 8 instruments are the same and work in Live 9).

The added bonus is that this may get you back into the "upgrade to Suite 9 now and get Live 10 for free when it's released!!!" demographic for next time.

Maybe when Bitwig studio is released, Ableton will decided to lower their prices.
:borg:

I have a Live lite licence you can have which gets you a cheaper upgrade
Amazon: why not use an alternative

V0RT3X wrote:Maybe when Bitwig studio is released, Ableton will decided to lower their prices.
Youre assuming Bitwig will be cheaper, or do have inside info :hyper:

Someone selling Live 9 suite in the market place

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5470161

wasi wrote:They usually do a sale once or twice a year ...
Really? Only time I ever see it "on sale" is just before a new version is released. Better pick it up second-hand if your in a hurry.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Someone selling Live 9 suite in the market place

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5470161
I also got it for sale. :wink:
musisikamar.com

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Really? Only time I ever see it "on sale" is just before a new version is released. Better pick it up second-hand if your in a hurry.
Hm, I was going from memory. The Live 9 launch sale, then we had the 30% sale last spring IIRC and the year before that I seem to remember a 25% sale on something, maybe just upgrades? Since I've been on Live 8 Suite for a while I can't remember specifics.

Yeah, I got the suite upgrade 40% off when something went awry with their payment system during the launch sale :D

Impeccable timing. 25% off sale for the next 3 days.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Your wishes have been heard.

Now I'm hoping to upgrade to 9 before sales end, which is very short time!
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I'm also waiting for a sale to upgrade to Suite 9. Maybe next summer?

Hi.

I've noticed over the years Ableton goes on sale before a new release. Also a year to a few months before the release on previous version it seems.

Unless you like the sound of ABleton plugins which are DECENT but quality too, I have a suggestion you may want to investigate.

While ABLETON LIVE has a good sounding effects, you can still get better after market from other people such as Waves or UAD or Tonalksis or MCDSP or whatever you find. EVEN if you look around a lot you can probably find good freebies or cheap ones. BEWARE OF DIFFERING ANALOG BEHAVIORS SOUNDS.

While i'm in love with my Waves plugins they are pricey. You can demo or rent as well.

My point being is that you dont need to buy the Ableton with all the effects. You can buy the cheap one and then upgrade later when it goes on sale for a new version. By that time you might actually be producing and want the radio sound of LA2a and la3a compressors. I dont know what sound your going for but ABleton does have a good sound thats not really modeled after any cool sound. Its pretty transparent in a generic way. But still quality. You just wont be able to sound like all the hits with all their coolness.

Also, it seems Ableton can work good in conjuction with Waves, sound wise so not necasarily a bad idea to mix the two Ableton is a good middle of the road in transparency at least. Waves seems to be always having a sale. Your're right and I like your style about sales. On top of that get what you will need in the end and don't dittle around. Why not learn other stuff while you save money for YOUR SOUND equipment.

I would suggest researching a lot and buying a cheap version of Live and upgrading when they finally come out with a much better program or features. Live 8 Suite is what I have and I can say I feel like I wasted money for stuff I cant use.

Cool synths are Sylenth1 and Rapture. dimesion pro (orchestra). Tip: I love Ableton saturator. Its versatile and can make these synths sound really real.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

wasi wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Hm, I was going from memory. The Live 9 launch sale, then we had the 30% sale last spring IIRC and the year before that I seem to remember a 25% sale on something, maybe just upgrades? Since I've been on Live 8 Suite for a while I can't remember specifics.
well ... seems I was wrong. All Live software is 25% off for a few days. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”