What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Cycle: spectral granular synthesizer

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

dave dove
KVRian

542 posts since 31 Aug, 2007

Postby dave dove; Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:18 am

no presets

dave
sqigls
KVRian

1376 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:51 am

Any plans for a VST for OSX? Not everyone uses Apple Logic ;)
DJMashbot
KVRist

373 posts since 30 Apr, 2012

Postby DJMashbot; Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:54 am

dave dove wrote:no presets

dave

Yeah, it loads with no sound. Draw some vertices in the bottom right to start. I didn't see any presets, but I only checked where the vst was installed. There might be presets in the stand alone Directory?
DavenH
KVRian

760 posts since 9 Aug, 2004, from Fredericton NB

Postby DavenH; Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:12 am

EvilDragon wrote:What are demo limitations?

Save is disabled, and preset sharing and downloading is disabled in the demo.

An oversight with the default preset -- I'll choose one more exciting.

Presets - hit 'p' for the browser, or click the 'presets' tab. Or you can find them in C:\<documents>\Amaranth Audio\Cycle\Presets and they're file-associated with Cycle. Or use the [<][>] navigation buttons at the top.

sqigls wrote:Any plans for a VST for OSX? Not everyone uses Apple Logic ;)

Can you help me understand the difference to regular VSTs, do they work differently? Or do you mean, simply include a VST option in the Mac installer?

First version folks, I'm taking all feedback seriously.
Last edited by DavenH on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

10042 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:13 am

Make the Presets folder portable if possible - for those who don't put their plugins in Program Files but outside of it, Presets folder should be in the folder where the DLL is.
DavenH
KVRian

Postby DavenH; Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:21 am

EvilDragon wrote:Make the Presets folder portable if possible - for those who don't put their plugins in Program Files but outside of it, Presets folder should be in the folder where the DLL is.

I don't quite understand, when you say portable, is the documents folder inaccessible to some? To me it seems the logical centralized place for documents, used by both the standalone and plugin.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:41 am

It's not that it's inaccessible, it's more the fact that I (but I suspect I'm not alone) like it more to have all the presets of a certain synth in its own folder. See u-he, for example.

It'd just be an option during installing (portable install).
kingtubby
KVRian

792 posts since 1 Mar, 2003, from Duston, NN5

Postby kingtubby; Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:51 am

DavenH wrote:
HiEnergy wrote:To bad it requires at least Windows 7... guess I'm out this time. :(

There's nothing about it that requires Windows 7. Once I have a stable build working on Vista, or XP even, I'll adjust the requirements. Most likely, this will be a matter of days not weeks.

I don't know if you've made any changes, but it installs and runs fine on Vista, here anyway.
everybody entertains everybody else
Numanoid
KVRAF

8724 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:06 am

What will the price of it be ?
Halb Wesen und halb Ding
DavenH
KVRian

Postby DavenH; Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:07 am

Many users have multiple plugin directories, especially those with both 32 and 64 bit hosts.

Suppose you have the 32bit vst in plugin directory A, 64 bit in directory B, or some combination of those. The presets can't go in both directories (or you could and your revisions and additions would be unsynchronized and confusing), and there's more content than presets (mesh files) that needs must go somewhere too ;)

I do get that it's nice to encapsulate everything about a plugin in one place, but that's not possible here without restricting flexibility.

Numanoid wrote:What will the price of it be ?

$149 usd

kingtubby wrote:I don't know if you've made any changes, but it installs and runs fine on Vista, here anyway.

That's music to my ears. On my Vista machine it didn't even start without a cryptic DLL failure.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:10 am

DavenH wrote:Suppose you have the 32bit vst in plugin directory A, 64 bit in directory B, or some combination of those. The presets can't go in both directories (or you could and your revisions and additions would be unsynchronized and confusing), and there's more content than presets (mesh files) that needs must go somewhere too ;)

Symlinks. :)
Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
DavenH
KVRian

Postby DavenH; Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13 am

EvilDragon wrote:
DavenH wrote:Suppose you have the 32bit vst in plugin directory A, 64 bit in directory B, or some combination of those. The presets can't go in both directories (or you could and your revisions and additions would be unsynchronized and confusing), and there's more content than presets (mesh files) that needs must go somewhere too ;)

Symlinks. :)

You've got me haha. Maybe possible down the road.
sqigls
KVRian

1376 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:33 am

DavenH wrote:
sqigls wrote:Any plans for a VST for OSX? Not everyone uses Apple Logic ;)

Can you help me understand the difference to regular VSTs, do they work differently? Or do you mean, simply include a VST option in the Mac installer?

First version folks, I'm taking all feedback seriously.

Yes i just mean a 'Mac' VST, as Cubase doesn't load AU plugins. Cheers ;)
bharris22
KVRian

697 posts since 2 Mar, 2010

Postby bharris22; Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:36 am

I guess no intro price, then? :)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments