Cycle: spectral granular synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cycle

no presets

dave

Any plans for a VST for OSX? Not everyone uses Apple Logic ;)

What are demo limitations?

dave dove wrote:no presets

dave
Yeah, it loads with no sound. Draw some vertices in the bottom right to start. I didn't see any presets, but I only checked where the vst was installed. There might be presets in the stand alone Directory?

EvilDragon wrote:What are demo limitations?

Save is disabled, and preset sharing and downloading is disabled in the demo.

An oversight with the default preset -- I'll choose one more exciting.

Presets - hit 'p' for the browser, or click the 'presets' tab. Or you can find them in C:\<documents>\Amaranth Audio\Cycle\Presets and they're file-associated with Cycle. Or use the [<][>] navigation buttons at the top.

sqigls wrote:Any plans for a VST for OSX? Not everyone uses Apple Logic ;)
Can you help me understand the difference to regular VSTs, do they work differently? Or do you mean, simply include a VST option in the Mac installer?

First version folks, I'm taking all feedback seriously.
Last edited by DavenH on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Make the Presets folder portable if possible - for those who don't put their plugins in Program Files but outside of it, Presets folder should be in the folder where the DLL is.

EvilDragon wrote:Make the Presets folder portable if possible - for those who don't put their plugins in Program Files but outside of it, Presets folder should be in the folder where the DLL is.

I don't quite understand, when you say portable, is the documents folder inaccessible to some? To me it seems the logical centralized place for documents, used by both the standalone and plugin.

It's not that it's inaccessible, it's more the fact that I (but I suspect I'm not alone) like it more to have all the presets of a certain synth in its own folder. See u-he, for example.

It'd just be an option during installing (portable install).

DavenH wrote:
HiEnergy wrote:To bad it requires at least Windows 7... guess I'm out this time. :(
There's nothing about it that requires Windows 7. Once I have a stable build working on Vista, or XP even, I'll adjust the requirements. Most likely, this will be a matter of days not weeks.
I don't know if you've made any changes, but it installs and runs fine on Vista, here anyway.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

What will the price of it be ?

Many users have multiple plugin directories, especially those with both 32 and 64 bit hosts.

Suppose you have the 32bit vst in plugin directory A, 64 bit in directory B, or some combination of those. The presets can't go in both directories (or you could and your revisions and additions would be unsynchronized and confusing), and there's more content than presets (mesh files) that needs must go somewhere too ;)

I do get that it's nice to encapsulate everything about a plugin in one place, but that's not possible here without restricting flexibility.

Numanoid wrote:What will the price of it be ?
$149 usd

kingtubby wrote: I don't know if you've made any changes, but it installs and runs fine on Vista, here anyway.
That's music to my ears. On my Vista machine it didn't even start without a cryptic DLL failure.

DavenH wrote:Suppose you have the 32bit vst in plugin directory A, 64 bit in directory B, or some combination of those. The presets can't go in both directories (or you could and your revisions and additions would be unsynchronized and confusing), and there's more content than presets (mesh files) that needs must go somewhere too ;)
Symlinks. :)
Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EvilDragon wrote:
DavenH wrote:Suppose you have the 32bit vst in plugin directory A, 64 bit in directory B, or some combination of those. The presets can't go in both directories (or you could and your revisions and additions would be unsynchronized and confusing), and there's more content than presets (mesh files) that needs must go somewhere too ;)
Symlinks. :)

You've got me haha. Maybe possible down the road.

DavenH wrote:
sqigls wrote:Any plans for a VST for OSX? Not everyone uses Apple Logic ;)
Can you help me understand the difference to regular VSTs, do they work differently? Or do you mean, simply include a VST option in the Mac installer?

First version folks, I'm taking all feedback seriously.
Yes i just mean a 'Mac' VST, as Cubase doesn't load AU plugins. Cheers ;)

I guess no intro price, then? :)

Return to “Instruments”