Amplifikation One Upgrade?

Official support for: kuassa.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Although it may not be Kuassa's flagship amp sim any more, I still think it's the most versatile, and best for classic and hard rock tones, with this in mind what're the chances of a final upgrade to fix a couple of little things and add some enhancements?

A little list....
Brighter meters.
When clicking on a knob it jumps to the position you clicked, could this be changed to the more standard click the knob and move to increase/decrease?
The Quad Impulse loader acts on the entire signal chain - including the built in cabs, it would be more versatile if it was able to be used in parallel or series with the built in cabs.
Some impulses don't show their waveform in the window, when this happens the volume slider doesn't work. Similarly certain impulses won't update their name in the file window, or will show a period of silence at the start of the waveform that isn't there when opening the ir in a wav editor. This doesn't seem to be linked to the bit depth or sample rate of the ir.
A pan control for the impulses.
Linked to the last request, a configuration where a single impulse is able to feed 2 parallel impulses; i.e. a tube screamer ir feeding L+R cabinet ir's.

Hopefully these are the sort of updates that could be done easily and breathe a little extra life into a great product?

Cheers,

Arran

<tumbleweed....>

Update would've been a better choice of words than upgrade, but same points.

We'll see what we can do.
There will be few updates for Amplifikation One.
And for a little insight: We are developing a major upgrade for the next version of One, it won't be available anytime soon, but we promise it will not be a bloated piece of software like some other amp sim VSTs :))

Great news, looking forward to it. I have a lot of amp sims but I always seem to come back to Amp'One.

Actually, apologies - there already are pan controls for the impulses, I don't know how I missed that.
Anyway, another request; is it possible to have a blend control that mixes the ratio of dry to IR? Useful for room reverb IRs in series with cab IRs to control the amount reverb.

Our IR Loader only reads 8192 samples of IRs, so it's not really suitable for reverbs.
To have a 'dry/wet control' you can choose the first Routing option (ABCD parallel), select 'dry signal' on Channel A, load an IR on channel B, and leave the other empty.
Use the volume slider to mix both channels.

I haven't tried it with long reverbs as I figured it wouldn't be suitable, but I've found it OK with room reverbs. Reverb was only an example, there are other IRs that it's nice to put in series with a cab IR and control the wet/dry mix of like EQ and Impedance curves.

An idea: when an impulse slot is in series mode how about if the volume slider instead of being greyed out changed function to a wet/dry control?

Return to “Kuassa”