New stuff on the horizon...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone...it's been awhile! I've been very busy lately dabbling in new ways of recording, workflow, mixing, mastering...etc. even singing (lord, help me..lol). Anyway, the big news is...I've partnered up with the guys at The Blue Mangoo (iFretless apps) and we are working hard on releasing our new app...Drum Session. Going through some final tweaks for iOS 7 and putting it to the test. I'm not going to let a whole lot out of the bag right now...but you can give a listen here. This piece was created using a handful of apps (with the drum track being a prototype of our new app). Garageband mobile, Thumbjam, Guitarism, JamUp, Auria, Audio Mastering App...

https://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/los ... ords_derek

And for those of you who want a little heavier test...here's another track making heavy use of JamUp Pro, Auria, and Drum Session prototype.

https://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/spr ... mo-version

ROCK ON!!
Rock On!

Looking forward to seeing/hearing it after release Derek. I hope it lives up to the sound of some of your sampled kits.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

I trust that the sounds will be good, more interested in how the app works.
Instant human just add coffee

Drum Session will incorporate a super simple, very slick drag & drop loop based interface. 10 or so kits based on different genres (pop/rock, metal, hard rock, funk, jazz, blues, country, etc). Each kit is ready to go...no configuration needed. Room reverbs have been set according to the different styles as well as panning and volume levels of each piece in the kits. Loops can be cut/spliced or edited to suit your need (add or remove notes). Each kit contains 300-450 genre specific loops...although you can switch kits to play different loop sets if desired. You can also create your own loops and save them as well. We've done all the legwork for you so you can concentrate more on writing music than sequencing drums...allowing for a more enjoyable, fluid workflow. Professional sounding drum tracks can literally be created in minutes. There are a ton of other features that I will unveil as things progress, but I'm hoping most of you who are looking for realistic "live" acoustic drums will find this to be your "go to" app. Here's another example of the drums in a finished mix. http://derekbuddemeyer.bandcamp.com/track/the-lost
Rock On!

Derek Buddemeyer wrote:Drum Session will incorporate a super simple, very slick drag & drop loop based interface. 10 or so kits based on different genres (pop/rock, metal, hard rock, funk, jazz, blues, country, etc). Each kit is ready to go...no configuration needed. Room reverbs have been set according to the different styles as well as panning and volume levels of each piece in the kits. Loops can be cut/spliced or edited to suit your need (add or remove notes). Each kit contains 300-450 genre specific loops...although you can switch kits to play different loop sets if desired. You can also create your own loops and save them as well. We've done all the legwork for you so you can concentrate more on writing music than sequencing drums...allowing for a more enjoyable, fluid workflow. Professional sounding drum tracks can literally be created in minutes. There are a ton of other features that I will unveil as things progress, but I'm hoping most of you who are looking for realistic "live" acoustic drums will find this to be your "go to" app. Here's another example of the drums in a finished mix. http://derekbuddemeyer.bandcamp.com/track/the-lost
Really excited about this Derek! You have an incoming PM...
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Is this the EZDrummer type app for BM2 that I've been longing for? There's been a distinct lack of natural acoustic drum solutions for heavier metal styles on iOS but this sounds like it might fit the bill. May have to hold off on that Drumstudio purchase...

Yes, think EZDrummer with a more intuitive workflow....(also sounds better than EZDrummer...IMO). But basically, think of all the things you can do with EZDrummer, add in a bunch of other cool stuff that no one has ever seen and pack it all into an iOS device...that's Drum Session...it's gonna rock your socks off!!
Rock On!

I'm happy that it's for rock and not another edm, trance thing.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

martygras wrote:I'm happy that it's for rock and not another edm, trance thing.
Yes, too many hip hop kits and stuff like that out already. I'm sure anyone can find something they need for a dance or trance track anywhere on the AppStore without any problems. However, realistic kits are hard to come by....and time consuming to plot out a realistic beat...I think you guys will enjoy this....I know I do...been using the concept for over a year now. Can't wait for you guys to check it out
Rock On!

Yeah, this sounds like nice change of pace in iOS drum apps. Looking forward to it.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

I'm a great fan of the iFretless series, so really interested in Drum Session!
I've been struggling to find a good solution for drum tracks in the Rock, Blues and Country genres, most of the apps I've tried sound too artificial or too 'busy' in their patterns, and I really don't know enough about drums to build nice patterns myself. So if this does offer many more natural and traditional patterns in these genres, and maybe even an intuitive way to build patterns for the drums- challenged, I'll be looking forward to it!

mmpl wrote:I'm a great fan of the iFretless series, so really interested in Drum Session!
I've been struggling to find a good solution for drum tracks in the Rock, Blues and Country genres, most of the apps I've tried sound too artificial or too 'busy' in their patterns, and I really don't know enough about drums to build nice patterns myself. So if this does offer many more natural and traditional patterns in these genres, and maybe even an intuitive way to build patterns for the drums- challenged, I'll be looking forward to it!
I'll try and post some blues clips for you...possibly some country as well.
Rock On!

Thank you! Looking forward to those!

Any news on this or shall I buy Drum Loops HD?

gepetto1000 wrote:Any news on this or shall I buy Drum Loops HD?
Still working on it...still have a couple months maybe
Rock On!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”