Podolski AAX Mac

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread is for Podolski AAX Mac beta testing.

Here's the normal Podolski 1.2 installer plus our first incarnation of an AAX plug-in:

http://uhedownloads.heckmannaudiogmb.ne ... ithAAX.zip

We believe this to work, and while we're adding AAX development into our development workflow, we hope that the brave among you out there will give this a spin. Please report any crashes with a crash.log here, and - if possible - compare whether or not this version behaves and sounds the same as its VST/AU counterpart.

If all goes well we'll need only a few days to port it to Windows, we'll have to buy 3 more iLoks to add to our build and testing servers and we might get to release AAX betas for everything shortly therafter.

Cheers,

- Urs
Last edited by Urs on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Also, if this works for *anyone*, please confirm - I hope there's no problem with the PACE certificate :oops:

So quiet... no-one brave enough...?

:oops:

All fine here - OSX 10.8.5, Mac Pro (Early 2008)
PT 11.0.2
And sounds great. :tu:
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Urs wrote:So quiet... no-one brave enough...?

Sorry, I would have been glad to help testing, but am not a PT user, nor am I very likely to become one, although AAX in itself seems very interesting.

Now where are the (prospective) u-he users who were asking for AAX support...

PS: perhaps you can pick up some iLoks relatively cheap from people dumping VCC in favour of Satin. Good timing. ;)

I've posted this over at the DUC, hopefully more people will give it whirl.
Urs wrote:So quiet... no-one brave enough...?

"What embecile composed this list :/"

I experience a 100 % reproducible crash when I try to click a preset goup on the left of the preset window.
This crash only happens, if I try to access presets from the legacy section.
It is independent of clicking it in the list or reaching the legacy section by clicking the right arrow at the end of the current preset list in the middle of the main window.
The crash does not happen, if you navigate the preset window with the arrows on the keyboard.

PT HD 11.0.1, Mac OS 10.8.5, Mac Book Pro mid 2010, 8 GB RAM
Last edited by n-h on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

None of the parameters are automatable nor accessible by any control surface like C24, Digi003, D-Control etc. Only Master Bypass and Mix are available.
With this lack, the PT typical color coding for automation status and controller access are missing.
None of the typical shortcuts (ctrl-alt-cmd-click etc.) to enable and access automation are implemented.

PT HD 11.0.1, Mac OS 10.8.5, Mac Book Pro mid 2010, 8 GB RAM

modifier keys follow the VST (or AU) style. In PT CMD is for for fine adjustment, ALT to reset to default.

The text of the preset field is too big, this cutting of the decender of the letters is cut off. And longer names do not fit, putting dots in the middle of the name.

Protools 10.3.6 / OS X 10.8.4 :

Everything seems to be OK but :

- As n-h says : no automation here too except Master Bypass / Mix

- When using external controller (w/ midi learn), it doesn't update the value of the knob and the display (affect only visual, sound ok)

- On some short preset names, display font is too big

- AAX Version don't have the same level as the AU version (tried with VE PRO AAX Version inside protools, i don't have any difference of volume with other plugins (tested with FM8, Massive...)), on some presets it's louder in AAX, in other it's louder in AU. For example :
- Preset "HS Stratochord 1" sounds fine in AU (not clipped), i can't obtain the same sound in AAX, even lowering track volume (i think there's internal clipping ?)
- Preset "HS Perky Plastic" sounds lounder in AU, ect.....

- After some minutes of utilization the delay section doesn't work anymore (even after preset change, ect...) i have restarted the plugin, it works again and i can't reproduce this bug. ( i know it's this kind of bug which is difficult to debug :D)
Last edited by waxxmaster on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Okay :)

We're very happy that it loads - everything else is details that we'll solve in the next few days...

(I had a beer too many, we'll get back to work tomorrow *burp* )

- Urs

Urs wrote: (I had a beer too many, we'll get back to work tomorrow *burp* )
:D have a nice evening and do not kill too many neurons, we all need your brain to use more excellent plugins :p (Bought Satin last week, really well done, i'm more than satisfied !)

Hey U-HE

We tried the Podolski on PT11HD - 10HD - Logic X on MacBook Pro Retina mid 2013 and 10.8.5. Works like a charm. Loads very fast and we put like 20 of them on a song and not a hitch in sight :) VERY WELL DONE GUYS!

PS. Will Zebra 2 and Zebralette be AAX64 bit soon as we LOVE them with passion :)

Best
Chris
southsidemusic
bnk music europe

Return to “u-he”