Free Toneboosters Omnisone : Try it

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I stumbled on this free plugin late last night, a year and a half after it was released. I am glad to see there are more free gems out there for me to discover.

Now that I have used it I can't imagine not needing it. Give it a whirl. It's a spatial/panning effect that is very straight to the point. Easy to use and really works. I was using headphones and was quite amazed at how good the results were.

Move the dot Left/Right, Up/Down and use the mouse wheel scroll button over the dot.

Being able to change pan but also the height of a sound (top, bottom) as well as spatial placement really helps give instruments room to breathe. Loving it.

Couldn't find any thread on KVR about this one. Surprising.

http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-omnisone/
Play it by ear

I guess it shall remain my secret weapon from now on :hihi:
Play it by ear

I downloaded it, but never tried it out yet. Thanks for the reminder. :)

pheeleep wrote:I was using headphones and was quite amazed at how good the results were.
Try running Omnisone through Isone with some headphones on (nearfield preset should work), instant binaural effects
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true

I use omnistone all the time. It is fantastic!

I used this old version:

Is the new version better?

Hm.

It's not that I don't understand the interface. But I don't get what I'm supposed to be accomplishing, or when, or why it's supposed to be used. IDK.

It's just another way to make your sounds not clash with each other if that is what you are seeking. You can place them each in their own 3 dimensional space. Just as with other effects (EQ for example) even subtle differences between the different sounds that play at the same time helps them breathe. It's sort of like surround sound but in stereo even though that description makes no sense whatsoever.
Play it by ear

Tricky-Loops wrote:I used this old version:

Is the new version better?
I have never used the old version but the new GUI shows you the 2 speakers and you place dots sideways, up and down, and mouse scroll. Super easy to use. I recommend you check it out.
Play it by ear

colinssx wrote:
pheeleep wrote:I was using headphones and was quite amazed at how good the results were.
Try running Omnisone through Isone with some headphones on (nearfield preset should work), instant binaural effects
I will have to try the Isone demo to check this out. Sounds good :)
Play it by ear

I've used it a couple times but always forget about it. interesting stereo placement tool beyond panning.
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

Hbasm Stereoizer is more usable. Also free

metamorphosis wrote:Hbasm Stereoizer is more usable. Also free
I don't think they're even nearly the same thing...?

No AU?

What ever happened to Omnisone?? I can't find it anywhere.

Return to “Effects”