Any thoughts on the Arc 5? Demos sound great...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Arc 5

piel wrote: PS: it is good to see such a responsive developer.
Thank you for your warm response. I am a happy developer. :)
I'll do my best to fix the problem as soon as possible.

All the best

I have the same problem as piel with Arc 5 in Orion, any update on this problem? The Arc 5 effect works fine here though.

piel wrote: Another happy customer here... The vstbuzz deal was really nice. I have to agree that this gem has the best (and lots of) arped sounds. I have one problem to report though: i can't close it in Orion neither the plugin nor Orion itself. I have to make the OS to shut down the processes. Win8 64bit, Synapse-Audio Orion 32bit.
heks wrote:I have the same problem as piel with Arc 5 in Orion, any update on this problem? The Arc 5 effect works fine here though.
Late response. I have tested Arc 5 in Orion for the last few days.
To prevent crashing problem, I suggest to change preference setting in Orion.

File - Preferences - Uncheck "Window close deletes generators and effects"

Maybe it's not the perfect solution but to be honest I couldn't find any clues on Arc 5 side yet. :?
I will continuously check if there is better solution for the problem.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Archetype Instruments.

I've posted the solution of crashing bug above. But the bug still reported.
In case that the solution is not helpful for some reason, please turn off "always running" option in Audio output setting.

Option - Audio Output Settings - Engine Options: Uncheck "Always Running"

piel wrote:
I've posted on the Synapse forums and someone gave an actually working workaround. In the audio output preferences one has to turn off the engine always running option and then you can remove Arc 5 safely. He also said that it is also a problem with his own FS plugins.
Massive thanks.

Hi ARC5, I'm really pleased reading this thread and seeing a lot more people discovering and enjoying Arc5. It deserves to be recognized as the great sounding and inspirational synth it is! Also thanks for responding to queries and bugs so quickly, it's always good to know the developer is enthusiastic about his product and the users!

I like the X-artist promotion idea, with J-Path. A great way to get sounds from some well known artists (in some countries anyway ;)) I hope there will be more artist editions coming up in future.

Wishing you all the best, and can't wait to see and hear what you guys will come up with next!

(Also thanks for supporting the Save the Children charity this year :tu:)
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

xalama qo wrote:Hi ARC5, I'm really pleased reading this thread and seeing a lot more people discovering and enjoying Arc5. It deserves to be recognized as the great sounding and inspirational synth it is! Also thanks for responding to queries and bugs so quickly, it's always good to know the developer is enthusiastic about his product and the users!

I like the X-artist promotion idea, with J-Path. A great way to get sounds from some well known artists (in some countries anyway ;)) I hope there will be more artist editions coming up in future.

Wishing you all the best, and can't wait to see and hear what you guys will come up with next!

(Also thanks for supporting the Save the Children charity this year :tu:)
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=
Dear xalama qo,

Wow, I'm a happy developer :)
I'd like to let you know that you're truly appreciated about what you said to us.

I truly love to get any response from the people. doesn't matter it's positive or negative. Contact us if you guys have anything to talk about. Open 24/7 8)

Last but not least, Support Save the Children fundraising!
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392244

ARC5 wrote:I truly love to get any response from the people. doesn't matter it's positive or negative.
I'm sure you'd prefer not to get negative feedback! :D
But in my experience you've been very open to constructive criticism and suggestions, so :tu: to you!

Once again, all the best!

Firstly... I've added a preset bank for all Arc5 users. Just the result of a day's messing about. Will be creating a more polished one eventually. Fill ya boots.... http://www.kvraudio.com/product/arc-5-b ... /downloads

Secondly... thanks again for the awesome synth. It really is inspirational and it's fun to just program!! But it's riddled with annoyances stopping it from being very special indeed, even usable really.

I'll just start rambling a list....

1) Like someone said earlier, seq steps 17-32 could be on the same page. I actually really like the small GUI, or at least the general layout, and think it should stay that way and retain that unique look. You could have those steps on the same page....

2) An odd number of steps would be nice. I know we can set dotted/triplet step lengths, but two arps having different odd values could be more interesting still.

3) BPMs don't save with patch. It should do considering it's a sequence based affair mainly.

4) Bug with mouse pointer disappearing (which I've already mentioned to Jungmin (the developer), and which would be eliminated with list item 1). This also happens if you do this.... Press and hold left mouse button, press hold right mouse button, release left mouse button,... and the pointer jumps behind the GUI window.

5) GUI sizing preference... small, medium, large. I love it small, but my eyes are ok and my monitor is fine.

6) More distortion/shaping types as opposed to cabinet size.

7) Is it just me or is the swing really strange!? I haven't uber-tested it yet, but so far stumbling on usable grooves is a rarity.

8 ) A randomise function. :D

9) Easier seq editing.... massively would like to just click to input numerical step values in P.Seq mode. Click dragging is a pain in the arse with such a small interface.

Can't think of any more off the top of my head, but the sequencer needs sorting ASAP. I really want to use this synth, but don't wish to waste my time dragging mini sliders and flicking from page to page, while losing my mouse pointer and having to restart the app, etc.

The bank can't be loaded in the free version of Arc 5 since the "bank" & "file" options are deactivated. So it would be nice to have this bank in fxb format as well ;) Thanks ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Blaakk wrote: Can't think of any more off the top of my head, but the sequencer needs sorting ASAP. I really want to use this synth, but don't wish to waste my time dragging mini sliders and flicking from page to page, while losing my mouse pointer and having to restart the app, etc.
Hello Blaakk!,

Late reply. Thank you for your Arc 5 preset bank. It's definitely helpful for all Arc 5 users :)
And also appreciate your detailed review and items to be improved. I'll do my best to add & improve the features for the upcoming version of Arc 5.

All the best!

idfpower wrote:The bank can't be loaded in the free version of Arc 5 since the "bank" & "file" options are deactivated. So it would be nice to have this bank in fxb format as well ;) Thanks ;)
Ah. Ok dude. I'll get on it. ;)

ARC5 wrote:Late reply. Thank you for your Arc 5 preset bank. It's definitely helpful for all Arc 5 users :)
And also appreciate your detailed review and items to be improved. I'll do my best to add & improve the features for the upcoming version of Arc 5.

All the best!
You're welcome! Cheers!

Blaakk wrote:Ah. Ok dude. I'll get on it. ;)
Thank you ;)
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:....it would be nice to have this bank in fxb format as well ;) Thanks ;)
Done. I also discovered some errors with bank which I've now amended and reuploaded.

Also, to Mr. Developer..... A copy/paste function for copying patterns between individual layers would be a bonus. :)

Thanks for the work ;)

Unfortunately there seems to be some sort of compatibility issue between the free version and full because I can't get a sound out if this bank - it loads, but no knobs and no sound for first twelve presets, then some random noises, and so on. It must be a protection system implemented or something like that... I don't know.

Return to “Instruments”