Night Flight VSTi - String Ensemble Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Night Flight

Just a quick reminder for those who want to get Night Flight for cheap: Tomorrow is the last day of the introductory offer!

http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml

best regards
Daniel / Interruptor

Hey, I just had a funny moment. I was playing Night Flight through the Wow n Flutter VST plug and thought I would post here with the details. So I click on the built-by link on Wow n Flutter. Guess who made it!

A subtle bit of Wow n Flutter is nice on Night Flight. Too much is too much. You'd think that you'd only want this effect on a Mellotron VSTi, but I found that it worked nicely with Night Flight. I don't think this feature ahould be added in NF. It's so easy to pick a VST effect and add it.

BTW, Interruptor, this is the finest Solina-type string machine VSTi I have heard. All the free ones except AlgoMusic's StringSynth really miss the point of the sound. I wonder if they are referencing album tracks for the overall sound. CrazyDiamonds gets hyped, but it's "not even wrong." I love WOK's stuff but even his Cromina doesn't do it for me.

I've never owned an ARP SE-IV (Solina product sold in USA) or a Solina, but I played one direct into good headphones when they were in music stores. Night Flight takes me back to those days.

I think that using album tracks as a reference would be extra bad, because you'd be emulating what the producer did to the string machine track and to the mix. You'd then be applying your track effects and buss/mix effects.

Eirikur

I downloaded and played with Cromina and wondered why the presets weren't better. It turns out that most of the sounds are disabled. It's not a fair comparison, but I still don't hear the accurate three-voice chorus of Night Flight. I assume that StringSynth has a similar design, but it has far fewer controls. Just buy Night Flight, I say.

Eirikur

I have searched intensively for that elusive Eminent 310u Jarre sound and have tried various VSTi's and sample libraries and have not found any of them entirely satisfying. Then I tried Night Flight and, along with the Arts Acoustic Big Rock, I have found what I was looking for.
Night Flight's own built in phaser is good but the Big Rock is so close to the real thing and makes a significant difference.

I've previously seriously investigated actually buying a real Eminent 310u from Albert Steenbergen in the Netherlands and having it shipped to Australia, but for the time being, this little plugin has satisfied my 310 cravings!

Seriously, at it's ridiculously cheap price, purchasing this is a no brainer! Go get it!!

Night Flight is very nice, but it would be good if the dev could consider removing the space around the GUI in the plugin window, and also fix the bug so that one cannot play the keyboard when browsing the sub-menus.

I guess it's one of those launch-and-run plugins :P

fluffy_little_something wrote:I guess it's one of those launch-and-run plugins :P
Nah, website still up and running ;)

These improvements I mention are not super important, would just be an added bonus to get that done.

Website still up, but not much news....

Nightflight needs a 64bit port.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I bought it last year (nice exchange of mails, by the way, Daniel) and since that day I can't do without it when I want a "jarry" background pad sound. By far the best tool for that purpose!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I know this is an old thread, but what version of this is this on? I cant find out anywhere,, I just know I have v1.0 I believe.

I emailed the Interruptor a few months back and I think he said no plans for updates ATM.

Ah OK, I think I've got the most current version. Thanks!

Is there any work being done on a 64bit port?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Looks dead indeed! :(

Return to “Instruments”