Plugorama GSi Vb3 v.1.4 download

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just purchased my license for VB3 and figured the plugorama download was the way to go, but it is v.1.2

Tried loading v.1.4 to the drop installers here folder and of course it failed.

Should be a simple process, but not being a programmer I am at a loss.

Trying to get it up and running on my Receptor 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm also still waiting for 1.4....

Ditto!

Hi Everyone,

Do any of you have a previous install of VB3 working? I simply replaced the VB3.dll and VB3fx.dll (v1.2) with the 1.4 dlls, and they loaded just fine. This is running on OS 1.9 (Receptor 2 Pro Max +).

I think I've also installed it by creating a folder somewhere, dropping in all the files, and doing a 'refresh plugins' scan.

Anyway, 1.4 works for me just fine.

Regards,
Kevin L

looneytunes wrote:Hi Everyone,

Do any of you have a previous install of VB3 working? I simply replaced the VB3.dll and VB3fx.dll (v1.2) with the 1.4 dlls, and they loaded just fine. This is running on OS 1.9 (Receptor 2 Pro Max +).

I think I've also installed it by creating a folder somewhere, dropping in all the files, and doing a 'refresh plugins' scan.

Anyway, 1.4 works for me just fine.

Regards,
Kevin L

Simple for you maybe. For me, not so much.

I do have VB3 (v1.2) installed. I cannot locate, in it nor the v1.4 download, anything that even vaguely resembles "VB3.dll and VB3fx.dll" files.

Is this perhaps a Windows artifact?

Downloading the Mac version.

Considering the extreme investment in a Receptor, one would think they cared enough to keep their customers up-to-date with the latest "must have" B3 emulation.

double posted by error
Last edited by ebfunk on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

error

ebfunk wrote: I do have VB3 (v1.2) installed. I cannot locate, in it nor the v1.4 download, anything that even vaguely resembles "VB3.dll and VB3fx.dll" files.

Yes, .dll files are for the Windows version.

Download the demo Windows version (1.4) GSI's site (the file is vb3_v14.zip).

The VB3.dll and VB3fx.dll files are contained therein. Your Mac should open the .zip file automatically after downloading.

From there, you can copy them to the Receptor.

Offhand I'm not sure where the plugorama version installs the .dlls, but you can search the Receptor drive if needed.

-John

hopkihc wrote:
ebfunk wrote: I do have VB3 (v1.2) installed. I cannot locate, in it nor the v1.4 download, anything that even vaguely resembles "VB3.dll and VB3fx.dll" files.

Yes, .dll files are for the Windows version.

Download the demo Windows version (1.4) GSI's site (the file is vb3_v14.zip).

The VB3.dll and VB3fx.dll files are contained therein. Your Mac should open the .zip file automatically after downloading.

From there, you can copy them to the Receptor.

Offhand I'm not sure where the plugorama version installs the .dlls, but you can search the Receptor drive if needed.

-John

Success! Thanks to John and Ray, on another post, I combined the two suggestions and it worked!

Download the Windows version and drop the "VB3.dll" and "VB3fx.dll" files in the unsupported plug-ins folder -
from the setup window select Include "Unsupported Plugins" folder and install.

Thanks guys for your help, and thanks Guido for a great product!

Now to figure out where they hide "midi learn" in a Receptor. :)

ebfunk wrote: Now to figure out where they hide "midi learn" in a Receptor. :)
8)

I'm still getting my head around the MIDI learn in the Receptor.

Meanwhile, you can sending MIDI CCs to the source plugin (see the setup page). Try mapping drawbars and other controls that way. Honestly, I haven't given this a shot with VB3 yet.

-John

hopkihc wrote:
ebfunk wrote: Now to figure out where they hide "midi learn" in a Receptor. :)
8)

I'm still getting my head around the MIDI learn in the Receptor.

Meanwhile, you can sending MIDI CCs to the source plugin (see the setup page). Try mapping drawbars and other controls that way. Honestly, I haven't given this a shot with VB3 yet.

-John
Thanks John! That got my B4D controller working, for the most part, with only a few button issues. Calling up presets could pose a challenge, but if I got drawbars I'm good!

I tried the "drop the 1.4 DLLs over the 1.2 DLLs" on my VIP and it worked perfectly.....until the next time I restarted the Receptor. After it booted, VB3 was gone from the menus and I couldn't find a trace of it on the hard drive. I checked the system log and it said the date/time of the DLLs had been changed and that the plugin could no longer be used. I decided to go back to 1.2 and downloaded the installer from Plugorama -- unfortunately, the Receptor says VB3 1.2 is already installed. Oh my...lol. Now what?

billw wrote:I tried the "drop the 1.4 DLLs over the 1.2 DLLs" on my VIP and it worked perfectly.....until the next time I restarted the Receptor. After it booted, VB3 was gone from the menus and I couldn't find a trace of it on the hard drive. I checked the system log and it said the date/time of the DLLs had been changed and that the plugin could no longer be used. I decided to go back to 1.2 and downloaded the installer from Plugorama -- unfortunately, the Receptor says VB3 1.2 is already installed. Oh my...lol. Now what?
In a VIP, you should be able to take the executable file, drop it in to Drop Installers here, and install it using the Software manager. That's how I installed it on my VIP, and it worked fine.

Try that, and hopefully it will install properly, validate and run fine.

You can also try running Validate Plugins in the VIP, which scans the drive for plugins and then determines if they are usable or not... that might fix it if you want to say with 1.2

Cheers

Bryan

Thank you for the advice, Bryan...much appreciated!!

I have v1.4 in a zip file (which contains DLLs but no executables). I can contact Guido to see whether he can send me the 1.2 .exe file(s).

However, I have a complete backup of the VB 1.2 folder from the VIP sitting on my studio computer (copied from the VIP's hard drive). I could try putting that folder back on the Receptor before running Validate Plugins, but I don't know where it should go. Could somebody with a Receptor check to see where VB3 is sitting on the Receptor hard drive? Thx! Bill

billw wrote:Thank you for the advice, Bryan...much appreciated!!

I have v1.4 in a zip file (which contains DLLs but no executables). I can contact Guido to see whether he can send me the 1.2 .exe file(s).

However, I have a complete backup of the VB 1.2 folder from the VIP sitting on my studio computer (copied from the VIP's hard drive). I could try putting that folder back on the Receptor before running Validate Plugins, but I don't know where it should go. Could somebody with a Receptor check to see where VB3 is sitting on the Receptor hard drive? Thx! Bill
You should be able to unzip the file he sent on any computer, grab the .exe, put it into Drop Installers Here, and run the executable from the Software Manager in the VIP.

As for other questions about MIDI Learn, the VIP should learn all the drawbars fairly easily by opening up the plugin, selecting SETUP and just doing the assignments to the various drawbars.

In the older Receptors, there are Pre-defined controllers, CC16 through CC31, and you click on any parameters you want to assign to those pre-defined controllers. Note that they are MIDI -channel dependent, and if your controller is sending the CC's on that particular MIDI channel, then it will control anything that has been assigned to those...

Hope this helps!

Bryan

Return to “Muse Research and Development”