Diva 1.3.0b3 (r1973)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

We have a new version of Diva, fixing a lot of the issues we've gathered since last night:

Diva r1973 Mac
Diva r1973 Win

- fixes Uhbie draft mode
- osc1 noise doesn't affect osc2 anymore
- mouse wheel back to what it once was
- AAX Mac working properly
- dynamic labels in Digital Osc
- modulation menu tidied up again
- no more crashes when tyring to save tun files (because you can't)

This time in a new thread... so we don't lose track :-)

Cheers,

- Urs
Last edited by Urs on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wow, thank you Urs!

...und nun mach mal ne Pause! Schönen Abend dir und danke für die Be(r)tas ;)

Now that's quick, hardly had time to check b2 :hihi:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Based on my first tests the new modules seem to sound great, especialy the Supesaw and the Uhbie filter.

Here are two quick patches (one polysynth and one pad sound) using both the Supersaw oscillator (or two detuned by one octave) and the Uhbie filter:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... va%203.h2p
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... gs%201.h2p

(You could copy that to the folder with my other factory presets found in THIRD PARTY -> Ingo Weidner if you like.)

Both patches use the Modwheel for changing the Cutoff.

I have also checked with the other filters but IMO the Uhbie filter seems to be the best in combination with the Supersaw. Seems to have a "brighter" sound than the other filters.
If i find some time i'll try to post more patches or send them directly to Urs.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Is Diva v1973 one semitone off tuning? Compared to old Diva and other synth. (Win7, Diva 32bit VST2)

It isn't even based on the filter of my all time favourite synth, the oberheim obxa, however just simply replacing in some of the pad/polysynth type factory presets, the preset filters with the uhbie is bringing me so much joy........

so much thanks for this.
rsp

AndreasD wrote:Is Diva v1973 one semitone off tuning? Compared to old Diva and other synth. (Win7, Diva 32bit VST2)
We seem to have an issue with rounding errors... dunno exactly what's going on :oops:

Could you save a preset that's detuned and send it to support at u-he dot com

Urs I'm on Mavericks, will have proper time to test Diva during the weekend.

I loaded it into a remix session tried to get the 16 voices max stack with the super saw,
but I get note stealing, 2-3-4 stack works fine,

is this my 8-core mac hanging or is there something I'm doing wrong?

(Also Omg on the digital ssaw osc sound, do you need my virus ti2 now? ^_^)

:hihi:

Urs wrote:
AndreasD wrote:Is Diva v1973 one semitone off tuning? Compared to old Diva and other synth. (Win7, Diva 32bit VST2)
We seem to have an issue with rounding errors... dunno exactly what's going on :oops:

I noticed that the last beta initialized with a global transpose of -14, might it not be that?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
Urs wrote:

I noticed that the last beta initialized with a global transpose of -14, might it not be that?
Could confirm that here. A new instance starts with a Transpose setting of -14.

I used my own Init sound for my own patches (the few i did with the new version so far) so i did not notice it there.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Sendy wrote:
Urs wrote:

Is that a PC thing? Cause that aint happenin on my Mac...

xanderevo wrote:Urs I'm on Mavericks, will have proper time to test Diva during the weekend.

I loaded it into a remix session tried to get the 16 voices max stack with the super saw,

stack of 6 voices means you only get 2 note polyphony - 6x2 = 12 (6x3 would be 18 and higher than the limit of 16)
stack of 5 you get 3 notes - 5x3 = 15
stack of 4 you get 4 notes - 4x4 = 16
stack of 3 you get 5 notes - 3x5 = 15
stack of 2 you get 8 notes - 2x8 = 16

pdxindy wrote:
xanderevo wrote:Urs I'm on Mavericks, will have proper time to test Diva during the weekend.

stack of 6 voices means you only get 2 note polyphony - 6x2 = 12 (6x3 would be 18 and higher than the limit of 16)
stack of 5 you get 3 notes - 5x3 = 15
stack of 4 you get 4 notes - 4x4 = 16
stack of 3 you get 5 notes - 3x5 = 15
stack of 2 you get 8 notes - 2x8 = 16
Yes, this is the problem because of the limited voices. We need at least 32 instead of 16 to make it usable for playing chords. Urs wrote that this needs some more things and it will not be implemented this year. So.. I hope 2014 we get more voices ;)

Liking the Uhbie filter! :love: The new Digital OSC is great too, but its level seems lower than the others.

Here's a mod of one of MK's Factory Presets using Uhbie:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104 ... 0Fifth.h2p

BTW: it seems that patches saved with Rev 1959 seem to forget their LFO sync times and default to 0.1s.

Breeze wrote:Liking the Uhbie filter! :love: The new Digital OSC is great too, but its level seems lower than the others.

Here's a mod of one of MK's Factory Presets using Uhbie:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104 ... 0Fifth.h2p

BTW: it seems that patches saved with Rev 1959 seem to forget their LFO sync times and default to 0.1s.
Have you tried Rev1973?

Return to “u-he”