Satin rev1973 public beta testing

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We're entering nice years with our revision numbers, but I'm afraid we'll fast forward into the future soon :-)

Satin 1973 Mac
Satin 1973 Win

- ultra-fast gui loading (we hope)
- denormals fixed on AAX
- fixed CPU spikes on playback start
- fixed too much RAM use
- no more excessive dynamic latency reporting
- shift-mousewheel works on AU as well now

Cheers,

- Urs
Last edited by Urs on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

on it. thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

A question:
When i opened a project from september, which i had made with the first version of satin, my computer's CPU was absolutely overwhelmed, i.e. it couldn't take the load of the amount of Satin instances in version 1.1.
Is this a known issue and is there a workaround to achieve the lesser CPU-hunger of version 1.0?

Urs wrote:- ultra-fast gui loading (we hope)
Well, you can be sure.

It opens blazingly fast (noticeably faster) on my aging, non SSD OS.

That's it, for now.

Arrested Developer wrote:A question:
When i opened a project from september, which i had made with the first version of satin, my computer's CPU was absolutely overwhelmed, i.e. it couldn't take the load of the amount of Satin instances in version 1.1.
Is this a known issue and is there a workaround to achieve the lesser CPU-hunger of version 1.0?
We're currently trying to fix the most prominent problems, i.e. those that make Satin impossible to use for some.

The difference in actual CPU consumption from V1.0 to V1.1 was relatively small and related to improved Wow & Flutter and auto mute for Hiss & Asperity. Those two things were the onyl real difference, and it really only made a small percentage.

It's entirely possible that the improvements we did for this version make more than up for that.

It would be great if you could check it out :-)

I tried to instantiate 20 copies of satin on a template (non empty) project that had x number of effects (some reverbs, delays, chhorus and such).

CPU started with 40% then suddenly jumped to 100.

10 SATINs yielded, again, 100

5 SATINs left me with 10% cpu (cpu is 90%)

Ummm.... :(

9550, Cubase 6.5.4, 8GB, Win7 64 home

Tp3 wrote:CPU started with 40% then suddenly jumped to 100.
I guess Cubase doesn't necessarily process all plug-ins at once? And then suddenly it did?

No, I was not processing anything.

The system was Idla.

I have a template empty project that I start all my tracks with.

It consists of 5 empty VI (not loaded), 5 audio tracks, 5 Reverbs (Reverberate, ALL the Valhalla ones, Voxengo OldSkoolVerb), UberMOD, RP-Delay, ST Chorus... and some more (can't remember right now which ones. a few, not more).

Upon loading this empty project, CPU idles at 10%.

I instantiated 15 more empty audio tracks (for a total of 20 empty audio tracks), and armed them all with SATIN. upon doing so (without pressing play. project was not processing anything), the cpu meter freaked. that is, it "parked" for a split second on 40-50%, and then "climbed" to 100%. and stayed there. 10 SATIN instances gave me the same, while 5 SATINs went to 90%. again, with the system on IDLE (not doing anything).

Sweet, loading is a breeze now! Thanks so much for your lightning-fast response to this issue. Team U-He does it again, you guys are the best! :hail:

I had to re-enter my license number after installing this version.

I don't *think* that happened when installing the latest Diva beta.

wow, loading in Live9 is blazingly fast!

Not strictly a quirk unique this particular version as I noticed it in the previous build too.. are you guys aware of an issue where in Ableton Live (9), you click the device edit button to open Satin's GUI and a blank space around 5% of the height of the Satin GUI appears below the Title Bar for a second or so, then disappears?

My system is: MacBook Pro Retina, OS 10.8.4 / Live 9.0.5 64-bit / Satin 1973 VST 64.

I can supply a screen cap if you like, just let me know.

cheers :)

sl1914 wrote:I had to re-enter my license number after installing this version.

I don't *think* that happened when installing the latest Diva beta.
Rob said they had a problem with that part of the system.

I haven't encountered that.

submerge wrote:Not strictly a quirk unique this particular version as I noticed it in the previous build too.. are you guys aware of an issue where in Ableton Live (9), you click the device edit button to open Satin's GUI and a blank space around 5% of the height of the Satin GUI appears below the Title Bar for a second or so, then disappears?

My system is: MacBook Pro Retina, OS 10.8.4 / Live 9.0.5 64-bit / Satin 1973 VST 64.

I can supply a screen cap if you like, just let me know.

cheers :)
That's expected :) - We've prepared a whole new GUI resize method, but it isn't ready to roll yet (was put back for Satin, Diva, AAX, Bazille). Once this is implemented we'll stop resizing GUIs with this short delay.

Ah, great thanks! Love this plugin :)

Return to “u-he”