Dax IX - Destination of the Unknown -- Dark Ambient

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://daxix.bandcamp.com/album/destina ... he-unknown

All comments and critiques welcome! Positive OR negative. Please just be constructive. :)
Blue Phase Music

When I'm given a track like this, I usually, turn the volume up so I can hear it comfortably all round the house, then I just meander about doing nothing of any importance and just chill. That's exactly what I did here.

At first I found it very enjoyable, but eventually the pattern shifts seemed far too slow and (for me) there wasn't enough detail to justify 45 minutes - sorry.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Exactly the sort of thing I need to hear. Thanks, folderol!

To be honest, I'd planned on working on this piece quite a bit more, but on the advice of a couple other people I released it as-is. I think I'm going to go back and fiddle with it quite a bit more.
Blue Phase Music

I still like it, I was one of the guys who said he had to release it.

I'm kind of new to ambient, but open to anything. I agree with folderol in that the changes were much too slow, but the textures are top notch, loved the sounds.
Absynth is really amazing and your soundset seem to be too!

First have to preface, I haven't listen to it all the way through.yet. I can't sit still this time of day for 45 minutes (I'll save that for first thing in the morning).
The first couple of minutes I'm thinking 'well that synth sound rather thin..' nothing wrong with that, then close to the six minute mark my room is shaking and I feel like looking behind me to see if there's a spaceship landing or something!
Good stuff, I will get to listen to the whole thing eventually.

Mariosprt wrote:I'm kind of new to ambient, but open to anything. I agree with folderol in that the changes were much too slow, but the textures are top notch, loved the sounds.
Absynth is really amazing and your soundset seem to be too!
Thanks! :)

As I said, I hadn't intended on releasing it as it stands right now, so I'll go back and work on it. :)
Blue Phase Music

bluedad wrote:First have to preface, I haven't listen to it all the way through.yet. I can't sit still this time of day for 45 minutes (I'll save that for first thing in the morning).
The first couple of minutes I'm thinking 'well that synth sound rather thin..' nothing wrong with that, then close to the six minute mark my room is shaking and I feel like looking behind me to see if there's a spaceship landing or something!
Good stuff, I will get to listen to the whole thing eventually.
LOL! It's definitely not a relaxation piece, that's for sure. :hihi:

Let me know what you think once you've had a chance to listen to it the whole way through, if you decide to give it another chance. :)
Blue Phase Music

manducator wrote:I still like it, I was one of the guys who said he had to release it.
To be perfectly honest, I can listen to it as-is right now and enjoy it, so I don't completely disagree with you, but I knew that it needed something else to move it along a little. I'm not talking about major changes, just subtle additions, and possibly a little more morphing of the base sounds from my soundbank. :)
Blue Phase Music

Well, I listen music that is much more static and with less change with great enjoyment. This work is almost to busy, and to short for my taste! :D

So, it's all mater of taste, especially in more experimental music. I totally enjoyed that sinister atmosphere!

jespis wrote:Well, I listen music that is much more static and with less change with great enjoyment. This work is almost to busy, and to short for my taste! :D

So, it's all mater of taste, especially in more experimental music. I totally enjoyed that sinister atmosphere!
Thank you! :)

Too short? I have good news for you! :D

I've added three new tracks, each of about 45 minutes long, for over 3 hours of Ambient Goodness!

And thanks! :)

http://daxix.bandcamp.com/album/destina ... he-unknown
Blue Phase Music

I just played this whilst trying to unlock my Son's mobile phone. I thought that the entire process would take me less than 1 hour. Your entire album has now completed and I was unable to unlock the phone from either my XP or my Win7 machine. Some of these USB software stacks are decidedly flimsy.

I thought the over-riding feel of this album was quite dark. I liked the slow shifts in texture on here and the entrances and departures of the various layers kept things moving along. I was able to listen to this at a fairly decent volume and things got quite exciting when the bassier sounds paid a visit.

I think my favourite track was "War"

Good work :)

Thanks, Tim!

I really appreciate you taking the time to listen to my entire compilation and commenting! :)
Blue Phase Music

I heard an UFO but nobody believes me... :cry: :help:

Tricky-Loops wrote:I heard an UFO but nobody believes me... :cry: :help:
:hihi:
Blue Phase Music

Return to “Music Cafe”