Using Thesys in Cubase 6

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've downloaded the demo of Thesys and I'm struggling to get it working properly in Cubase 6.

I've read through the manual, but the getting started instructions relate to Ableton Live. I've managed to get some sound out of Thesys, but it isn't working how I expected it to.

Is there a guide on how to get Thesys correctly configured in Cubase? At the moment, although I can get it to route midi to another plugin, it doesn't seem to follow the host sync and only makes sound when the other plugin track is selected in Cubase.

Okay, no replies, but I worked it out with the help of a competing step sequencer and a Youtube video for it. I understand it much better now and have just purchased Thesys.

Cheers!

Do you mind sharing what you did to get this to work. I dont know why sugar bytes dont make setup videos for each DAW. How do they expect people to buy it if they make it a challenge just to get it setup in their DAW to demo?!
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

bump
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Oh well, guess I wont be buying this plugin.

LGK_Dude wrote:Do you mind sharing what you did to get this to work. I dont know why sugar bytes dont make setup videos for each DAW. How do they expect people to buy it if they make it a challenge just to get it setup in their DAW to demo?!
In Cubase:
- Load it in the instruments rack
- Make 2 midi tracks:
1. with Thesys as input = the instrument you want to control
2. with Thesys as output = to control Thesys itself with midi

I don't think it's much of a challenge.

Why the ppl buy n do things, that they do not understand ? That't no enough to be able to play an instument or to buy plugins. The biggest cost posisitions are learning and studing ^^

I'm on cubase 7 got it set up with 2 mini channels 1 for the in of thesys to any midi out and one for external midi in to the out of thesys. It makes total sense to me that this is the way it should work but for me it doesn't.

Midi Track 1 has no input and outputs Thesys Midi IN

Midi Track 2 has Thesys midi out as the inoput and then outputs to another softsynth.

I assume Thesys is a VSTi, a VST midi effect.

If you have Bidule or enrgyXT or other similar VSTi open it the rack F11. Then select Bidule in the "IN".

Open Bidule and then open Thesys inside Bidule. Find the midi port and channel of your midi keyboard and connect them. Now this will be the midi input to any VSTi, lets say a piano.

The alternative is to select Bidule in the rack. Open it and then open Thesys and your VSTi lets say a piano inside. Connect them . You are in business.

I need to get something third party to run midi out of this unit while in cubase?

mattasbob wrote:I need to get something third party to run midi out of this unit while in cubase?
No.

Can you make and post screenshots of the inspectors of both tracks; so I can see what went wrong...

Here are a pair of pics of each channel, I have tried putting the monitor in and out of the path with no change.
Image[/img]

That should work! Set thesys to host sync, press play in Cubase, and Lounge lizzard should be triggered by the pattern set in Thesys. Maybe make a Thesys screenshot too?

Here's a project where Thesys is sequencing Prologue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4fakqz4sczsd ... ologue.cpr
Does it work for you?

It looks right to me as well but obviously something is amiss here as the track you sent me does not work either.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”