Krakli Kaskade Public Beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In a change for me I have released a public beta of Kaskade over at krakli.com

This is because Kaskade may or may not work well in your DAW so feedback will help me to determine if it is a worthwhile project or not. This version is fully functioning but does not come with any presets.

here is the link to the blog post

I realise that this appears a very complicated beast at first so I already have a plan to add a user-guide of sorts as I am able.
[Edit] Manual added in post below [/Edit]
Last edited by ianweb123 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

What is a Kaskade, a VA, a drum plug, a sampler ?

Numanoid wrote:What is a Kaskade, a VA, a drum plug, a sampler ?
It is 8 separate polysynths each triggerable by one or more of the notes that are played on the keyboard i.e if you have synth 1 only responding to note 1 it will be monophonic, if you select more notes it will be duo, trio polyphonic etc. As well as responding to notes played each synth has an step sequencer so you can have the first 2 notes played triggering two different sequences and 3rd and subsequent notes playing a lead-line.
Therefore the area top right is key to its behavior.

The step sequencers, as well as triggering notes can be used to affect filter cutoff or sync sweep or FM on each synth.
Also unique to Kaskade (I think) is a filter which can be varied continuously between Lo band and Hi pass

As I say it needs a manual of sorts and I will be working on one shortly

ooh btw the oscillator has a noise source so I guess you could use it for some rudimentary drum patches.

Thanks for the info :)
ianweb123 wrote:Also unique to Kaskade (I think) is a filter which can be varied continuously between Lo band and Hi pass
I think Etch by FXPansion also can do stuff like that

Are you quite sure about the name of this plug?

On the website it is spelt as Kakade, and then when upzipping the download it's called Kascade.dll

Numanoid wrote:Are you quite sure about the name of this plug?

On the website it is spelt as Kakade, and then when upzipping the download it's called Kascade.dll
The dll will be renamed

ooh!

OK I have uploaded a manual that hopefully will help to explain how this all works..

Solving Kaskade

... Also I have re-uploaded the zip. The dll is now named correctly and I have added 3 patches kindly submitted by Stephen Lee Stalter.

Works in Savihost, I'd patch it and call it a day.

Sounds cool, subtractive? I have the 1st upload with no presets, quite a knobby beast there, cool idea how different notes trigger different synth sections.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

what a beast! great to have you back ian,i've always loved your synths.:8

spacedad wrote:what a beast! great to have you back ian,i've always loved your synths.:8
You're welcome.. a beast indeed!!

I'll just bump this up the once, in case anybody missed it the first time around

Love Cygnus tried this new one on Sonar X2 on a 64 bit windows 8 system and it all worked just fine. Hopefully you get more presets that we can use later on.

Pretty impressive plugin, I really like this kind of sequencer synth hybrid :tu:

What I would like is that you used a some different colors for different sections of the synth.

Now it is all blue, so it's not quite easy to see the borders between sections or inside sections based on the colors.

If you could use a little bit different color for the OSC colum and EVNS column, mabye light blue or whiteish blue.

Return to “Instruments”