Satin 1.1.1 RC

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Satin

Here's a new version of Satin 1.1.1 (might become Satin 1.2):

Satin rev 2033 Win
Satin rev 2033 Mac

Apart from the good points we had in build 1973 (faster loading, less RAM, less CPU/denormals etc. etc.) this one
  • fixes possible crash bug in VST3 (Wavelab)
  • fixes possible crash bug in Group Controller
  • fixes problem with hosts picky about channel layouts
  • more fixes of little issues and niggles
Please let us know if you experience any issues. We know that some people had performance problems with the original 1.1 version, we'd love to hear where we're at with this build. Specifically, make sure that the revision field on the UI marks "2033", i.e. that it is is this most current version.

Thanks,

- Urs
Last edited by Urs on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds great! Will download and test later today. Thanks, Urs!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Urs wrote:Here's a new version of Satin 1.1.1 (might become Satin 1.2):

Please let us know if you experience any issues. We know that some people had performance problems with the original 1.1 version, we'd love to hear where we're at with this build. Specifically, make sure that the revision field on the UI marks "2033", i.e. that it is is this most current version.

Thanks,

- Urs
No issues so far.
I bypassed 1.1 after early reports so I'm updating from 1.0.

OSX 10.9.0
Logic 10.0.4

cheers

Cubase 7.0.6 64Bit: VST3 version is still broken. If I open a project with a VST3 version of Satin, there is no audio for the complete channel. It seems that something is crashing internally so close/re-open the plug-in has no effect also if removing the complete insert chain there is no audio.
Removing Satin VST3, re-open the project and using the VST2 version is working.

ok, thanks, Rob has managed to experience the mute issue. Sascha will have to look into this next week.

4damind wrote:Cubase 7.0.6 64Bit: VST3 version is still broken. If I open a project with a VST3 version of Satin, there is no audio for the complete channel. It seems that something is crashing internally so close/re-open the plug-in has no effect also if removing the complete insert chain there is no audio.
Removing Satin VST3, re-open the project and using the VST2 version is working.
I'm getting the same issue too, I wasn't sure if it was Satin or Cubase but was only happening on channels that Satin was going through so makes more sense it's Satin. Closing and reopening the project seems to work for me.

I am getting the same issue in Live 9 too.

Thanks!

Yup, silence issue is known and we were able to reproduce it. Sascha will have a busy week ahead :)

Q: Can anyone reproduce it with VST2 or 32-bit?

Urs wrote:Yup, silence issue is known and we were able to reproduce it. Sascha will have a busy week ahead :)

Q: Can anyone reproduce it with VST2 or 32-bit?
I myself am always using the 32bit plugs, the issue has been in VST3 but I don't believe I've had the same issue when I've tried VST2.

I hope the next fix, fixes Satin VST3 poofing Cubase.

Hmmm, I think we had it occurr in Reaper yesterday which means either AU or VST2...

Might not be related to plug-in format then.

I had it in DP7, AU, OS 10.6.8, also yesterday.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

So the versions aren't backwards compatible then? I was sick of loading a project to silence so I installed rev 1973, and all the instances of Satin went back to the basic preset. Thankfully I have my chains saved but this is awkard, needs rectified ASAP.

Also for anyone else getting the issue in C7, after loading a project that's gone silent and closing it, when you say just open a VSTi and press the keys on it, do you get sound? It's as if Satin is completely killing my Cubase and I need to restart it.

Sorry, presets saved with the last beta can't be openend with previous versions. That also applies to presets saved with songs/projects.

There is no fix for this, as this is a fix for something else. People asked for more descriptive parameter names in automation menus, and this is what we did. The new version understands both sets of parameter names, the old version doesn't.

I realise we should've mentioned this, but it really just now occurred to me as a problem.

Yesterday i was trying the last beta in Live9 and beside the mute i experienced also mono output.

Any news about the cpu usage (I can run 5 instances @ 1024 samples - with default preset. that's it. VST2 BTW).

I'm on Win7 home 64, Cubase 6.54 (32bit), Q9550, 8GB ram.

Return to “u-he”