Komplete 9 Install (Holy smokes 12 discs)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got Komplete 9 (which you may have guessed from the subject)

What a mammoth effort, 12 discs 120gb!

Not to mention I have to install a new 2TB hard drive, and do a fresh windows install because my 500gb ran out of room and I don't have any spare sata ports.

OH and of course one of the disc fails, luckly NI have thought of this and it doesn't stop the install process, you can cancel the failed disc and just move on to the next one, and then download the failed disc's .iso to finish up later.
Imperfection is beauty.

Normally I hate adds, but not at KVR, look at all the the toys I can get.

Electronic Punk - Group @ Soundcloud

It's your punishment for not buying Ultimate. :smack:

It was actually not that bad.. a Bluray drive speeds things up.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

If you have a backup drive Id recommend saving the iso's. I recently had to reinstall on a new laptop this weekend and using the isos off a usb3 drive the whole install only took like 45min

This was actually a big factor in my switching to Ultimate with version 8. The price difference was nothing compared to the value of my time.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I made ISO files of all the discs first and threw them onto a hard disk. My computer has a hot-swap SATA drive bay (and no optical drive) so it installed way faster with no disk swapping.

shalako wrote:Just got Komplete 9 (which you may have guessed from the subject)
So why spend time posting here, instead of playing with it? ;)
What a mammoth effort, 12 discs 120gb!
Didn't they tell you that when you made the order?

It's like a small midget when compared with stuff from EastWest: http://www.soundsonline.com/CCC2-PRO

I'm glad to see that more stuff is starting to come on a drive and not discs. With 32 and 64 gig thumbdrives being relatively cheap now, I would think that this will soon be the preferred medium for most things.

The NI and East/West stuff is in a different league size-wise, but thankfully larger drives are also much easier to come by.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I'm wondering how to backup these 12 discs to my external hard drive? My mac sees the first disc contents (installers)… but the Battery and Kontakt disc contents are not visible to my computer.

During K9 install sometimes either the installer or your CD drive freaks out. You can just hit retry most of the time and it will automatically correct itself.

But yeah, K9 install process is a 4h+ PITA, they really need a better way...
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

I just want to backup the installers + installer content so I don't need to install from DVD when I get a new hard drive.

You can download them from your account on the NI website, go to "My products & serials" and then the button "download" next to Komplete 9. You'll get a list of iso's. :)

Yeah cheers, I'm just trying to avoid using the next two months of internet on downloading something I have on disc here already. I'll have to try a Windows machine and see if the files are visible. I can install everything so far, but the discs just appear blank to the OS.

#firstworldproblems

yes, true, but also almost $100 of internet. Care to donate?

Return to “Instruments”