why nobody cares about my music ..?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:
wachimol wrote:Just throwing this out there, but when I see someone whose alias is "dj xyzetc." I tend to disregard them instantly. If you don't have a creative name, it won't get very far with me
I do the same. I hate to judge someone in advance like that, but I have to filter things down somehow and I think the way someone names their act is indicative of their approach to music.

I feel the same about "I am a producer..."
Or even worse: "I'm a produca." :help: :roll: :hihi: :cry: :x
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
robojam wrote:
wachimol wrote:Just throwing this out there, but when I see someone whose alias is "dj xyzetc." I tend to disregard them instantly. If you don't have a creative name, it won't get very far with me
I do the same. I hate to judge someone in advance like that, but I have to filter things down somehow and I think the way someone names their act is indicative of their approach to music.

:hihi:

I like people who call themselves "produtor". They're probably producing Bossa Nova, Sertanejo or MBP.

robojam wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:You could piss in a bucket, worked for Justin Bieber.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That seriously made me laugh out loud at work! :hihi:
Great! :tu:

I hope the boss didn't give you any dirty looks. :hihi:

lotus2035 wrote:
robojam wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:You could piss in a bucket, worked for Justin Bieber.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That seriously made me laugh out loud at work! :hihi:
Great! :tu:

I hope the boss didn't give you any dirty looks. :hihi:
No, I have my own office, and I don't think anyone heard me. :hihi:

One issue - you need to make sure your URL actually work in your signature line.

People expect to click URL, not have to copy and paste them. Everytime you point someone to your various URL, you should make sure that it actually takes them there. Otherwise it's a waste of their time and a waste of the space on the screen.

Note - this had nothing to do with whether or not your music is worthy of caring about it.

It is all music -- can't you hear it?

robojam wrote:
Sendy wrote:
robojam wrote:

:hihi:
Hi! My name is DJ Producer! Check out my phat beatz, yo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQx3QspczM

Sendy wrote:
robojam wrote:

I thought about if you guys were right, and it's actually kind of eerie how accurate those statements are.

Take my name for example: HaganeSteel. Hagane pretty much means steel, referring to a type of steel used to make swords, which reflects even deeper things in my personality.

So my name is redundant.

My name reflects the patterned and repetitious way I do things. And my music generally is patterned and repetitious.

It also reflects a very literal style of thinking, and also my being American influenced almost exclusively by the Japanese. This carries over into my music: I tend to use a lot of straightforward melodies and techniques, and I generally wear it all on my sleeve, so to speak.

It also sort of reflects how obscure my interests are. Hagane: The Final Conflict was a video game made by Hudson that had a Stage 1-1 theme that was to die for.

I said "reflects" a lot.

See?

Pretty cool.

DJ Produca is the logical conclusion of silly DJ and producer names. :lol:

Arglebargle wrote:DJ Produca is the logical conclusion of silly DJ and producer names. :lol:
Yeah, it makes me think of some black fruity loops user who has no talent. :lol:

DJ Produca ft. MC Deejay "Selecta"

DSmolken wrote:DJ Produca ft. MC Deejay "Selecta"
Remix by DJ Subgenre Obsession

Usually when people say "I make <admit ONE and only ONE genre descriptor here>" it has the same offputting effect. If there are geographical markers in said descriptor (West Coast Booty Acid anyone?!) I have to leave the room and disinfect my monitor, reformat my hard drive and pray to every known deity.

I dunno, it was in the Hipster Club terms and conditions or some shit... :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

west coast booty acid!

I love it.

dw

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”