MuLab & MUX: What's Next

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Breeze wrote:Just took a look: the new Wobble has a Curve, for changing waveshape (interesting!) and switch called "Alt Offset". What does it do?
It means that the offset will alternate between positive and negative with each new wobble. So for example, if Amplitude is 0% and Offset is 100% and Alternating is on, then this results in a positive top of 100% followed by a negative top of -100% followed by a positive top of 100% and so on. The freq values define haw fast these tops are reached and the curve defines how the value slides from a previous top to the next one. So whn you want a steady amplitude but a random timing, set Amplitude is 0% and Offset is 100% (or some other value).

Does this explain all?
I have an obscene amount of plugins (including de-shelled Waves) and it's hard to find what I need quickly.
Note that you can type the first character(s) of a plug to quickly find it in a popup list. And you can also use the find option in the Session Browser (set to the VST Plug-Ins) to quickly find VSTs.

mutools wrote:Does this explain all?
Yes! Thanks! Your explanation made it clear and it's perfectly usable for my purposes. :tu:
Note that you can type the first character(s) of a plug to quickly find it in a popup list. And you can also use the find option in the Session Browser (set to the VST Plug-Ins) to quickly find VSTs.
Thanks again; not the same as an organized listing (in my case typing the first letter of a manufacturer would be more useful), but it's a great help.

Any way to figure out why the plugin interface disappears on Mac version of MuLab when I switch applications? Really frustrating as I do that all the time... :?:

I know I already placed three here, but...

I think there should be a way to export any MUX patches as free VSTs for use on other VST-supporting DAWs.

Putting that out there as a possible suggestion, maybe?
I make chunes and such!

MVsProjects wrote:I know I already placed three here, but...

I think there should be a way to export any MUX patches as free VSTs for use on other VST-supporting DAWs.

Putting that out there as a possible suggestion, maybe?
I don't think Mux is meant as a developing environment, it might lead to licensing issues for MuTools.

That's actually a good point... :/
I make chunes and such!

MVsProjects wrote:I think there should be a way to export any MUX patches as free VSTs for use on other VST-supporting DAWs.
I don't understand your request. MUX Vst can load any MUX patch and can be used as a Vst plugin in any Vst compatible DAW. So what you request is there already. Or am i missing something?

I guess the problem is that you can't have a free MUX-based VST without using MUX, which of course can't be free.

I guess he considers Mux as an environment like Synthedit, which you can indeed use to make free or commercial VST's. But Mux is not such an environment.

Ahh SynthEdit.. what a lovely and powerfull piece of software :) Shame it hasn't really developed in a long time.

If only the MUX would end up in the next deep modular environment that can export to VST.. :o
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Breeze wrote:I'd like to see an option to organize external VST plugins and softsynths by manufacturer
Have you tried to create 'folders' for VSTs by setting up Groups in the VST manager.
It's a bit of initial work, but after that you just move it with every new version.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I guess the problem is that you can't have a free MUX-based VST without using MUX, which of course can't be free.

I guess he considers Mux as an environment like Synthedit, which you can indeed use to make free or commercial VST's. But Mux is not such an environment.
Ah... I see your concern. I was thinking in terms of using the front panel in Mulab's more Simple Interface. It seems that is not possible in this case. Which is fine, I see it wasn't meant for a developing environment.
I make chunes and such!

AndreasD wrote:
Breeze wrote:I'd like to see an option to organize external VST plugins and softsynths by manufacturer
Have you tried to create 'folders' for VSTs by setting up Groups in the VST manager.
It's a bit of initial work, but after that you just move it with every new version.
Thanks, but are you sure those folders would carry over from version to version? I have to do this manually in Sound Forge too, but I have to redo it EVERY time I upgrade. It takes about an hour to do. Compare that with just having the plugins organized automatically by manufacturer, which is the case with Chainer, Cubase, Nuendo, Cantabile, Reaper ("show folders"), and Bidule. Of the hosts I use, Sony and Mutools are the only two devs that don't do this. I imagine all it takes is sorting by manufacturer name and/or ID.

Breeze wrote:Thanks, but are you sure those folders would carry over from version to version?
Yes your VST plugins setup is part of the user settings and so if you copy your user settings from one MuLab install to another, also VST groups will be preserved. You can group them as you want. (manufacturer, effect type, synth type, etc...)

I confirm that.
Whith every new version i only replace the APP folder and the Mulab.exe/Mulab.ID. All the user settings/patches/sessions stay. It worked all the time.
And run an upgarde patches/sessions whenever Jo tells us that the format has changed :)
This way i'm basically running things since M2.

Thanks guys! :tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”