KTERM wavetable export to PPG WaveGenerator

Official support for: wolfgangpalm.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For the adventurists: Audio-Term is a brilliant wavetable (+) utility developed by Mathias Gurk, and is discussed here
blacktomcat666 wrote:Version 2.00 is available:
  • - added KTERM wavetable export to PPG WaveGenerator *.WTS file format

- added scaling function for altering/adapting the KTERM wavetable energy profile

- intelligent backup function in KTERM detects data changes and increments the number of backups only if required

- LEFT/RIGHT cursor keys now can also switch browser pages

- minor GUI changes

- code improvements and bug fixes
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/1y0d88ts8zy1um7/Audio-Term.zip

Thank you, Mathias!

8)
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:Audio-Term is a brilliant wavetable (+) utility created (and supported by) Mathias Gurk, and is discussed here
blacktomcat666 wrote:Version 2.00 is available:
  • - added KTERM wavetable export to PPG WaveGenerator *.WTS file format

- added scaling function for altering/adapting the KTERM wavetable energy profile

- intelligent backup function in KTERM detects data changes and increments the number of backups only if required

- LEFT/RIGHT cursor keys now can also switch browser pages

- minor GUI changes

- code improvements and bug fixes
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/1y0d88ts8zy1um7/Audio-Term.zip

Thank you, Mathias!

8)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:) Pretty cool, huh?

(in that, YES!!! :wheee: kinda way)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I've been after a software PPG Wave/Waveterm combo for years. With WaveGenerator and the new version of Audio-Term I feel like I finally have it. Totally stoked! :D

There may occur the problem, that a file written in upper case letters won't be recognized by the full version of WaveGenerator. I'll change that to full lower case names for wts files in v2.01 of Audio-Term.

I also want to make clear that this is only an "export compatibility" from Audio-Term to PPG WaveGenerator. It's not possible to transfer (copyright protected) WaveGenerator sound data to Audio-Term or any other of the supported products!

Further this is no "official" file support. Use AT's wavetables at own risk and please don't blame PPG or their software if something doesn't work as expected.

blacktomcat666 wrote:There may occur the problem, that a file written in upper case letters won't be recognized by the full version of WaveGenerator. I'll change that to full lower case names for wts files in v2.01 of Audio-Term.

I also want to make clear that this is only an "export compatibility" from Audio-Term to PPG WaveGenerator. It's not possible to transfer (copyright protected) WaveGenerator sound data to Audio-Term or any other of the supported products!

Further this is no "official" file support. Use AT's wavetables at [your] own risk and please don't blame PPG or their software if something doesn't work as expected.
Thank you for the heads-up! :)

I'll reiterate and emphasize that this is and should be considered "experimental" and is the users prerogative, and responsibility.

(for those of 'us' who take such risks however, the potential rewards... are vast) :wink:

blacktomcat666 wrote:There may occur the problem, that a file written in upper case letters won't be recognized by the full version of WaveGenerator. I'll change that to full lower case names for wts files in v2.01 of Audio-Term.

Further this is no "official" file support. Use AT's wavetables at own risk and please don't blame PPG or their software if something doesn't work as expected.
Personally I want to import wavetables into WaveGenerator and not the other way round. I've already had some fun using AT wavetables in Alchemy (thanks PietW for the heads up on this) but being able to use them with an actual PPG wavetable synth is a whole different story!

Totally understand that AT is unofficial and user beware. Still like to thank you very much for all your hard work and looking forward to the next update! :D

Hi,

now that PPG Wavemapper 2 is out i wanted to add that the wavetable format used in Wavemapper 2 is compatible to that from Wavegenerator. This means that Wavetables created with the Wavegenerator format in Audio Term are compatible with Wavemapper 2.

Wavemapper 2 could create wavetables from resynthesis/analysis of samples but does not have an editor to creat ewavetables from multiple single cycle waveforms.

As wavetables created in Audio Term could only contaimn up to 33 waveforms there is a "trick" to create wavetables with up to 256 waveforms.
If you got both Wavemapper 2 and Wavegenerator (e.g. from the bundle) you could "connect" multiple Audio Term wavetables using the "Append" feature in the editor of Wavegenerator. With the "Append" feature the next wavetable you load will not iverwrite existing waveforms but will add the waveforms to the existing table.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Wolfgang Palm”