NI delaying delivery on purpose?.. ;)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Occasionally they have issues on sale days but for example, I'm in Hollywood so I just call them up and things get straightened out quickly. My free shipping K9 came in 3 days, Machine Studio in 2.

My Kontakt 5 left Sacramento at 2:33 this morning and was last scanned in Sparks Nevada at 5:52am.....scheduled for delivery in Vegas tomorrow. Pretty great service considering the volume of traffic both N.I. and UPS have at this time of year...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It does not necessarily take a few weeks with the free shipping option.
I ordered mine on thursday evening, and I'm expecting delivery in a few hrs (it's late night here).
It was shipped out of Hong Kong, and picked up by fedex on Friday. Not at all bad for a free shipment,

Mine is also coming from Sparks up to Denver.
Anyone know about hard drives and cold weather? It and the hard drive I got to install it to will be delivered with temps likely mid teens to single digits. That was one reason I was hoping they would get here before the cold snap.

adn_01 wrote:I realise that many orders are being placed at this time, sales etc. But I really hoped to use the e-voucher I will get with Komplete Ultimate still on this sale. After having placed my order on friday I didn't even get an order confirmation. Or any answer from the NI when I asked about that…

It looks like I am going to receive the Komplete (and the voucher) way too late to be able to do this. Bad luck… ;)
Thot's odd - I also placed an order for K9 on Friday, but I did get shipping confirmation and a tracking number and it is en route from California.

They do warn you that they pick and pack manually, so the komponents (I slay me) of K9U may need to be assembled and boxed out of the normal picking and packing line.

Have you checked your spam folder for any NI replies?

bigcat1969 wrote:Mine is also coming from Sparks up to Denver.
Anyone know about hard drives and cold weather? It and the hard drive I got to install it to will be delivered with temps likely mid teens to single digits. That was one reason I was hoping they would get here before the cold snap.
I'd let those things sit still at their new room temperature for a good few hours before spinning them up. I have always done this when relocating datacentres.

Thanks I'll definitely do that. I also read to let them sit in the boxes they came in for a couple hours to avoid condensation from the sudden temperature change. Do you think that will help as well?

Are you guys buying right from NI and getting the 50% off price or are you getting any other discount off from the retailers like guitar center or musicians friend?

bigcat1969 wrote:Thanks I'll definitely do that. I also read to let them sit in the boxes they came in for a couple hours to avoid condensation from the sudden temperature change. Do you think that will help as well?
I think that's good advice.

I got mine today (Tues). Ordered on maybe Friday or Saturday? Bought from NI. Free Shipping. I'm in the UK

Perhaps it's longer for US/non European deliveries?

tdm71 wrote:Are you guys buying right from NI and getting the 50% off price or are you getting any other discount off from the retailers like guitar center or musicians friend?
I bought it for $169 (free shipping) during Musicians Friends Black Friday sale. I had a $20 rebate card that was going to expire so they let me pay with that in addition to my regular credit card. Of course, I suspect I am going to have to "pay" extra for it...when my spouse sees the bank statement.

:)

I think that the NI delivery drones crashed into the Amazon drones :wink:
No auto tune...

SKYNET IS REAL! :-o

da da dat da dat.
da da dat da dat.

Ah screw it I'm trying to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68I3j2luW64

I check mine again and it's scheduled for delivery next Monday. Free shipping option.

6 business days - I guess it's acceptable. My sole quibble is that I wish they had included license numbers for the download-available synths like Prism and Monark so that I could use them immediately.

vurt wrote:i ordered on saturday, mines been sat in a ups depot about 70 miles away since 11 am and will arrive tomorrow :x
facking ups arseholes :x
its now sat around 20 miles away in a different depot :x

Return to “Instruments”