What instruments have you purchased during this period and in 2013?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:
syntheticillusion wrote:peavey sp/sx
Oooh.... I once knew a guy who had one of those. He was pretty obsessed with it.
What is that really, a sampler or a monitor, or both?
A sampler. I used to have one in the mid 90's until it got stolen. Had the full library too. It was an excellent instrument in its time. And still sonically viable now. (Although I wouldn't ever get another now).

Era-Medieval Legends showed up today. So far, I am impressed, but the bray harp doesn't sound anything like a bray-harp.

This is my last software purchase for a good, long time. I don't need any more. So what if I don't have the articulations from the VSL SE PLUS volumes. I'll get by.

Yours truly,

Mrs. Bombadil. :help:

I have bought:

-Korg M1
-Purity
-Some Emu Proteus stuff for Dimension Pro
-Sampletank/Total Workstation
-Those Cakewalk instruments

I now have every sound I ever wanted, except for two string patches in the SC88.

It was really Miroslav that I needed.

Mixing Miroslav with the Korg M1 has a surprisingly awesome effect. Since the M1 is all mono, it creates a good bed to layer the airy, stereo Miroslav sounds over.

It makes for a very tight, consistent, up front mix.

Now I can get that perfect MIDI sound I always wanted. :love:

No beating around the bush - I very much want to emulate Naoshi Mizuta's Blood of Bahamut sound, which is the M1 + Miroslav.

filtafreq wrote:reaches all parts that plugin's just can not reach ! [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag ... .jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]
You sellout!

;-)

Oh this thing again :oops:

It's actually good to keep some track of how much you expand your studio in a year.
2013:
-Roland D-110
-Komplete 9
-Steven Slate Drums
-Virus Powercore (to replace my hardware Virus B)
-FXPansion DCAM
-IL Harmor
-Wusik Station update

Didn't want to list effects or soundsets/samples.. embarrassing list :roll:
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Ordered a microbrute (shipping starts tomorrow). Ordered a mutable instruments Shruthi kit yesterday, bought an Eigenharp Pico which should arrive tomorrow or the day after. and my Vox Virage single cut should arrive in the next day or so.

Didn't see anything I fancied in the black friday sales thank glod.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Kriminal wrote:This year, two purchases.

M-Audio Venom

Arturia MiniBrute

Both are great.
Yeah, the Venom is finally starting to get its cult status, mainly because they're being blown out at plugin prices. Maybe if M-Audio had done an intro pricing, to get its reputation, then put the price up they'd be far more appreciated!

It's also far prettier and far nicer built than it looks in the photos. I couldn't get over how much more solid it felt than the average M-Audio MIDI controller. Maybe they're all like that these days? The white colour scheme is actually very nice [think last-gen apple white, rather than Korg M3 off-white...
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Its a really nice synth, very capable. The factory sounds suck, but with the editor its easy to dial in good sounds.

I'm thinking of buying one in the near future instead of a midi controller. How the keys feel? Well, I think I must go to the shop and see for myself.
I always feel disappointed from the keys action for today's controllers and keyboards (the not expensive ones) :-(
I remember the keys feel of the 80's keyboards from Yamaha and Casio (which everyone looks with disdain to them) were so much better than even the mid range Synths nowdays!

I have seen some reviews for the Venom, and I really like the sound of it, better than Casio xw-p1 or Roland Gaia although not all parameters are accessed without the editor and there is no after touch, right? I need a midi controller, so I'm thinking of going to the shop and comparing to other similar priced midi controllers.

Anway, I came here to post about my last item (I really really hope it is!!) that I just bought!
I earned about $100 today, so although I finished shopping this year, I felt I can't feel right if I don't spend it tonight!! Damn! It seems I got the GAS virus from here! KVR!
There were many choices, Dune 1, Tremor, my old dream Absynth, my not very old dream Massive, upgrade from S1 Producer to Professional. So, I open all the pages, just to see, not to spend anything, yes I promise!
then,
I bought Massive! :|

Well, what I really wanted is Largo, but being only 32bit now, and anyway I have only $100 so it is out of the list. The best one that comes near is Massive, although I have FM8, still some sounds are easier to get with Massive (no, I don't mean dubstep stuff, I mean some pads, lead and bass sounds). I really wanted Absynth, but I know it has a deep learning curve (still less than FM8) and the GUI make it more complex and difficult than Massive or FM8.

I got Piano in Blue yesterday :)
http://www.audiomindproject.com (VST soundbanks - FM8, V-Station, DCAM: Synth Squad, TAL-U-NO-LX, TAL-BassLine, Corona, LuSH-101)

Here's how it went down for me, and I'm quite happy with the choices available.

NI Razor (LOVE this thing, I imagine my songs are all gonna sound cold and soulless now, mwa ha ha)
NI Komplete 9 upgrade (from... yikes version 6!)

Toontrack Rock Warehouse SDX (hmm... hasn't shipped yet... hmm...)

And the "big mono" kit from these guys:

http://www.analoguedrums.com/products.php

Kick and snare blend in real well with the default Avatar kit in Superior 2.

So many wonderful choices, even though I couldn't afford everything I wanted, I'm positively DELIGHTED to have the opportunity (and TAKE it) to explore sounds, all these delicious sounds.

I bought a DSI Tetra a few weeks ago, and Audio Damage Tattoo today. There won't be anything under the tree for me this Christmas.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Hmmm 2013, what did I buy...

I feel like my synth GAS has finally subsided and not many new synths interest me. However I did pick up TAL Bassline-101. I wanted an authentic 101 for too long, I had to. Oh and I also picked up that quirky Audio Damage Axon on a whim.

Otherwise mainly Kontakt libraries are what grab my attention. In 2013 I think I bought:
-Komplete 9 Ultimate (upgrade from V8 so mainly contact libraries)
-2caudio B2
-CineBrass Core/Pro
-Cinewinds Core/Pro
-CinePer Core/Epic
-Cinestrings Core
-Soundiron Apocalypse Ensemble (and upgrade to V2)
-Embertone Friedlander Violin and Blakus Cello
-Spitfire Audio Iceni

Apparently I bought LA Scoring Strings on Dec.31! Ha, must have paid for it on my way out to a New Years party. So I guess that doesn't count. However I am about to pick up Spitfire Audio Hans Zimmer Percussion most likely.

I'm telling you - Sample Library GAS is far worst than synth GAS.

cryophonik wrote:I bought a DSI Tetra a few weeks ago, and Audio Damage Tattoo today. There won't be anything under the tree for me this Christmas.
:hihi: no birthday gift for me in Feb, I already had it :oops:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
I'm telling you - Sample Library GAS is far worst than synth GAS.
I had a Host GAS last year! but since I bought S1 producer, I'm healed! I don't have Effects or Hardware GAS either :-)

Now, I can't say I'm healed from Synth GAS, I think still have the Virus!

What? Samples GAS? Go away from me! I don't know you! :pray:

Synthmaster
Corona

I don't have a lot of money to throw at my hobby right now, but those are two things that I have had on my list for a while. Synthmaster is about as close to a perfect synth as I have found, although I wish there was a formant filter on it. Corona is great for those modern dance sounds. It's very flexible but easy to quickly generate a patch (in stark contrast to Synthmaster). The randomizer is cool too.

Current list of stuff I still want:
Komplete Ultimate
Sugarbytes Unique
Sugarbytes Cyclop
Korg Wavestation
Korg M1 (might go for the Legacy bundle instead)

Return to “Instruments”